B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old July 12th 21, 12:25   #21
Looney
Telepath

Re: Season 1 recap

I'd love to see your recap's when you are finished. Any chance of that happening?
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th 21, 16:47   #22
Moonface
Ranger

I don't want to get into trouble, but I think I'll put it as unlisted on YouTube for a while, so you all can watch it...
Moonface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th 21, 02:20   #23
Kyehlar
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonface View Post
Scene 30: Delenn releasing the contents of SH's balls
Is it just me, or did Delenn seem a little too orgasmic when she was doing that.
What kind of head of security would I be if I let people like me know things that I am not supposed to know. I know what I know, because I have to know it and if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me and don't let anyone else tell me either.
- Michael Garibaldi
Kyehlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th 21, 02:25   #24
Looney
Telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by RommieSG View Post
Quote:
Is it just me, or did Delenn seem a little too orgasmic when she was doing that.
I think it is you.

But yes I agree that she seems to be enjoying it. My question is why does she get to enjoy it alone?
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th 21, 02:27   #25
Kyehlar
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I think it is you.

But yes I agree that she seems to be enjoying it. My question is why does she get to enjoy it alone?
How do we know Lennier isn't in the corner... in secret... watching...
What kind of head of security would I be if I let people like me know things that I am not supposed to know. I know what I know, because I have to know it and if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me and don't let anyone else tell me either.
- Michael Garibaldi
Kyehlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th 21, 11:15   #26
Moonface
Ranger

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
Quote:

I think it is you.

How do we know Lennier isn't in the corner... in secret... watching...
That light blue stuff that comes out of the balls and gets everywhere looks not that healthy though, but what do i know about Soulhunters and their balls? And Delenn has a vibrant glow on her face, so she obviously did not care about the color at all. Seems to be all fine ^^

Lennier is not on B5 yet, he is arriving in "Parliament of Dreams".

Speaking of which:

I don't get it.

Well, not the episode it self, it's one of my favourites! Great quotes, funny G'kar is epic in my opinion, NaToth almost steals the show, except for the Centauri festival, which trumps all.
But: there is a list here on the forum, that states which episodes are WHAM or at least semi-WHAM.

When I saw the "+" for semi-WHAM on Soulhunter, I was like: What? that mumbling cheeetooo-reetooo-wheee-tooo-#meetoo annoyance is a semi-WHAM episode??? how??? But then, of course, I watched it and Soulhunter confronting Delenn to be Satai and telling Sinclair, that they are using him, as well as Delenns line "we where right about you" and Sinclairs search at home are plenty material to change my opinion on this episode. I just did not recall, that that amount of buildup where in that particular episode.

But Parliament of dreams? It's the "+" as well, but I've got nothing of this sort. And I mean: NOTHING.
After reading the thread here in the forum about this episode and rewatching Lorerunners ruminations and reading in the lurkers guide, as suggested in the forum thread, I at least get, that the Minbari ritual has foreshadowing written all over it. But come on: I watched this episode 4 times now in my live and the whole show 2 times, and even upon rewatch and knowledge of the show, I did not get this at all, because it's so cryptic.
ok, I concede that being not a religious person at all, I found the Minbary ritual quite boring, even annoying because of the music. But the support in this scene (the cast and their interactions with the berries) easily saves it and G'kar swapping his berry with Ivanova get's me every time.

So if I overlooked something else because of my ignorance, please let me know!
Old July 15th 21, 09:58   #27
Karajorma
Commander

Quote:
G'kar swapping his berry with Ivanova get's me every time.

But it's so simple, are the Thenta Makur the sort of assassin who would have put the poison in the berry closest to you or the berry closest to her. Now a clever assassin would have poisoned Ivanova's berry because they'd have known that only a great fool eats the berry in front of him......

In fact he poisoned both berries. Ivanova is God, she'll be fine.
Karajorma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th 21, 18:13   #28
Moonface
Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karajorma View Post
Quote:
G'kar swapping his berry with Ivanova get's me every time.

But it's so simple, are the Thenta Makur the sort of assassin who would have put the poison in the berry closest to you or the berry closest to her. Now a clever assassin would have poisoned Ivanova's berry because they'd have known that only a great fool eats the berry in front of him......

In fact he poisoned both berries. Ivanova is God, she'll be fine.
strictly speaking G'kar is just paranoid at this point. They explicitly said, he shall die after 48 hours, so... why be afraid before?
Old July 15th 21, 22:51   #29
Moonface
Ranger

I'm about to finish Mind War.
Does anyone know, if Talia is ever using her gift in any way, before she is uncovered to be control? If not, I'll skip the coin scene...
Old July 16th 21, 01:33   #30
Karajorma
Commander

Quote:
strictly speaking G'kar is just paranoid at this point. They explicitly said, he shall die after 48 hours, so... why be afraid before?

Slow acting poison.
Karajorma is offline   Reply With Quote