B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old June 30th 21, 21:59   #11
Jan
Psi Cop

Re: Season 1 recap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonface View Post
Well, in a way I do abide by your rules, as my project will require me to rewatch S1 anyways, so: Emperor Looneys rules are abliged, the flower will be guarded!
OMG, I bet you have a new best friend! Looney, don't let it go to your head, now!
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st 21, 01:11   #12
Looney
Telepath

See everyone!!!!!!!!!
MOONFACE gets it.
I might need to change my ID to "Emperor Looney".
5 posts and Moonface is already proving to be an Intellectual Titan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
OMG, I bet you have a new best friend! Looney, don't let it go to your head, now!
Are you jealous Jan?! Don't try to come between us! Moonface gets it. Sorry you don't.

(Is this what you meant Jan?)

Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st 21, 14:37   #13
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Are you jealous Jan?! Don't try to come between us! Moonface gets it. Sorry you don't.

(Is this what you meant Jan?)

No, Looney - I would *never* try to compete with you on emojis! You're definitely the Emoji Emperor or Excess!
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th 21, 19:04   #14
Ubik
Commander

Moonface, please do report back on how your B5 newbies react to the series. We love living vicatiously through others who haven't had the pleasure of B5 before. New first time viewers are a scarce and valuable resource!

I just got the HBO MAX remasters, but think I'll save those for the winter months.

Last edited by Ubik; July 5th 21 at 15:39.
Ubik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th 21, 22:00   #15
Moonface
Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubik View Post
Moonface, please do report back on how your B5 newbies react to the series. We love living vicatiously through others who haven't had the pleasure of B5 before. New first time viewers are a scarce and valuable resource!

I just got the HBO MAX remasters, but think I'll save those for the winter months.
I will do! I did get their promises that they won't watch it without me. Stories like B5, that have those amazing developments are best the first time one watches them. After that closest we get to that experience is "second hand first time watching" as I call it.

So far they're excited. He is a big Trekkie and smells similarities to DS9 (I told him about the controversy after he mentioned it), while she was shocked when Delenns Friend got stabbed. She was not prepared to have such themes explored in a TV Show

I so envy you that you've got the remastered version as it's not available yet in Europe :/

Edit: wait... Ubik, you're from the UK, how did you get it??
Moonface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th 21, 06:18   #16
Springer
Telepath

I believe the HD remasters are available on iTunes and Amazon. They are the same as the remasters showing on HBO, I think? I haven't downloaded them yet, waiting instead in forlorn hope of that rumoured Blu-ray set being released!
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th 21, 08:10   #17
Ubik
Commander

Yep, Amazon UK has the remastered seasons to buy digitally. I think iTunes does too. They look great. Big improvement on the old DVDs.
Old July 8th 21, 09:15   #18
Moonface
Ranger

I checked with Amazon from my region, and you're right! They are available already! But I stumbled upon this here:
https://b5remasterissues.wordpress.com/
In my region B4 squared is shown to be only 40 minutes long. So you should check that with your version, if you do have the mentioned scenes missing as well...
Old July 8th 21, 21:58   #19
Ubik
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonface View Post
I checked with Amazon from my region, and you're right! They are available already! But I stumbled upon this here:
https://b5remasterissues.wordpress.com/
In my region B4 squared is shown to be only 40 minutes long. So you should check that with your version, if you do have the mentioned scenes missing as well...

Yeah, this is a known issue. I think things are gradually getting fixed!
Old July 10th 21, 15:29   #20
Moonface
Ranger

I finally figured out how to use lightworks and am now en route to make the recap. Epsode 1 is down to less than 5.5min. Just starting Episode 2.
I don't really like this one. They should have mixed this and TKO together. I really feel, that the Soulhunter story is way too long.
At least it gave me a few funny notes for my episode list, like:

Scene 6: Delenn to Sinclair: Soulhunter hunts Souls!
Scene 12: Soulhunter chanting and dissing Minbari
Scene 15: Soulhunter playing with his balls
Scene 22: SH2 explains that bad SH is bad
Scene 23: SH wants Delenn to touch his ball
Scene 24: Delenn's screaming
Scene 28: Sinclair at home, stalking Delenn
Scene 30: Delenn releasing the contents of SH's balls

I feel like a 16 year old ^^