B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old August 23rd 21, 18:48   #1
Kyehlar
First One

Netflix's Live Action Cowboy Bebop

Quote:
Way back in November 2018, Netflix officially announced its live-action Cowboy Bebop. Inspired by the beloved anime series that aired in the late ’90s, this live-action take has been in the works for a while. But now we have two key things: first look images and a premiere date. The genre-bending space Western will debut on Netflix on November 19. And as for the images? They definitely call back to the original anime.
https://nerdist.com/article/cowboy-b...-date-netflix/
What kind of head of security would I be if I let people like me know things that I am not supposed to know. I know what I know, because I have to know it and if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me and don't let anyone else tell me either.
- Michael Garibaldi
Kyehlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd 21, 18:49   #2
Kyehlar
First One

Re: Netflix's Live Action Cowboy Bebop

I love the look. I was wondering how they'd change up Faye's look (I mean, how realistic is that anime outfit.) and I think they've done a great job with the obvious homages to the original.
What kind of head of security would I be if I let people like me know things that I am not supposed to know. I know what I know, because I have to know it and if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me and don't let anyone else tell me either.
- Michael Garibaldi
Old August 28th 21, 19:59   #3
RW7427

I don't have Netflix, but I loved the original Cowboy Bebop. I have it on DVD, but never have time to watch it, or B5, sadly.
Old September 26th 21, 09:43   #4
Kyehlar
First One

Along with a bunch of other stuff, Netflix dropped the opening credits today.

https://youtu.be/Yq2N-9EmedA
- Michael Garibaldi
Old September 28th 21, 13:59   #5
Ubik
Commander

The intro sequence was bang on the money.

Bit unsure how I feel about what looks like a direct adaptation into live action, but I'll check it out for sure. Love the original anime.
Ubik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th 21, 07:03   #6
Kyehlar
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubik View Post
Bit unsure how I feel about what looks like a direct adaptation into live action, but I'll check it out for sure. Love the original anime.
From what I've read they have said it's not going to be a direct adaptation of the anime series. Yeah a lot of the iconic scenes have been recreated, but...

Quote:
According to Nemec, the live-action series is not going to “ape the anime” but “live in the spirit” of the series. “There are obviously things that we cannot achieve with real people that an anime can,” Nemec says. Instead, the series will “build out the continuing stories of Spike Spiegel and Jet Black and Faye Valentine.”
https://www.ign.com/articles/cowboy-...-ed-yoko-kanno
- Michael Garibaldi
Old Yesterday, 04:22   #7
Kyehlar
First One

New teaser released the other day shows us what we can expect to see from the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JDWm1f6-M0
- Michael Garibaldi
Old Yesterday, 14:14   #8
Ubik
Commander

Hmmm... this makes me not so sure.
Ubik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:21   #9
Kyehlar
First One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubik View Post
Hmmm... this makes me not so sure.
Can you elaborate on that any?
- Michael Garibaldi