• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Vir's Best Quotes

Truth_Seeker

Regular
Let's remember some of the best phrases said by Vir and played wonderfully by Stephen Furst:

Vir: "Ah! He has become one with his inner self!"
Garibaldi "He's passed out."
Vir: "That too."

Londo: "Vir, do you believe in fate?"
Vir: "Well, actually, I believe there are currents in the Universe. Eddies and tides that pull us one way or the other. Some we have to fight, some we have to embrace. Unfortunately, the currents that we have to fight look exactly like the currents we have to embrace. The currents that we think are the one that's gonna make us stronger, they are the ones that are going to destroy us. And the ones that we think are going to destroy us, they are the ones that are going to make us stronger. Now, the other current--"

Londo: "Vir, I woke you. I'm sorry, I forgot the time difference there."
Vir: "It's all right, I was just about to get up .. in about six hours."

;)

The perfect Vir moment, of course, was basically a Vir/Lennier exchange. You know the one. ;)

I wish I could remember the exact line. Does anyone remember it? The one ending in "same time tomorrow?" :)

I couldn't do it from memory, but that's the one I was thinking of too.

Didn't they do another one later on, though? I seem to remember one that ended in Lennir saying "You win."

I couldn't do it from memory, but that's the one I was thinking of too.
You mean:
LENNIER
Wouldn't take me along.

VIR
Me either.

LENNIER
Sometimes I get so close, but I'm
always shut out of the important
things.

VIR
It's a useless feeling. The
Ambassador is definitely going
through changes. Even looks
different.

LENNIER
Indeed. And now, with the military
starting to stampede over everyone
and everything --

VIR
People going and coming, strange
meetings.

LENNIER
You never know what it's all about
until later, when it's too late.

VIR
And they never listen.

VIR/LENNIER
It makes me nervous.
:LOL:
Didn't they do another one later on, though? I seem to remember one that ended in Lennir saying "You win."
That would be this:

VIR
So you can't sleep either.

LENNIER
No.
(beat)
I heard about your situation.

VIR
I heard about yours. As Mr.
Garibaldi says...it's been a hell
of a day.

LENNIER
Yes. A hell of a day.

VIR
A hell of a year.

LENNIER
A hell of a five years.

VIR
A hell of a life.

LENNIER
You win.

Jan

Yes that's it. :rommie: Thanks, Jan. And I'm sure that's the one KF was thinking, as well. :bolian:

Lets not forget:

"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next 10 generations that some favors come with too high a price. I want to look up into your lifeless eyes and wave like this [waves at Morden]. Can you and your associates arrange that for me Mr. Morden?"

Although the wave is almost a quote in itself... especially when it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy in season 4.

[Morden] Anything I can do to help?
[Vir] Short of dying... no, I can't think of a thing.

(Interludes and Examinations)

Lets not forget:

"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next 10 generations that some favors come with too high a price. I want to look up into your lifeless eyes and wave like this [waves at Morden]. Can you and your associates arrange that for me Mr. Morden?"

Although the wave is almost a quote in itself... especially when it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy in season 4.

That's gotta be my favorite Vir quote! :thumbsup:

Yes, that's an excellent one. It mixes humor with an intense hatred that is rather surprising to see in our former-thought-of-innocent Vir. And it shows what good judgement he had, even then. :devil:

This one after Vir kills Cartagia is heartrending:
VIR
Did you know, all I ever wanted was
a good job, maybe a small title,
nothing fancy...a wife I could love,
maybe even one that could actually
love someone like me...I never wanted
to be here, never wanted to know
the things I know, or do...or do
the things I've done. Ah, Londo...
look what you've made of me.

Jan