• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Some questions to be answered

Za_Ha_Dum

Regular
FIRST QUESTION:
Does Mimbari cry? I mean do they produce tears? Somebody asked me and I could not answer. I know Delenn cried many times during B5 arc, but i cannot recall her tears falling down.

SECOND QUESTION
I remember watching In the Beggining saying that Jumpgates was a technology given by Centauris to Humans. But which civilization have invented it?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Cadu
ZaHaDum

FIRST QUESTION:
Does Mimbari cry? I mean do they produce tears? Somebody asked me and I could not answer. I know Delenn cried many times during B5 arc, but i cannot recall her tears falling down.

SECOND QUESTION
I remember watching In the Beggining saying that Jumpgates was a technology given by Centauris to Humans. But which civilization have invented it?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Cadu
ZaHaDum

I'm pretty sure the half-Human Delenn from Season 2 and beyond did produce tears. I don't believe the fully Minbari Delenn ever was shown to have tears.

Not sure if I remember this right or not, but, I believe the younger races inherited the Jumpgate Technology from the First Ones, but I don't think it was ever said who actually invented it. The Jumpgate into 3rd Space (From the TV Movie of the same name) was built by the Vorlons.

SECOND QUESTION
The Vorlons invented jump gates.

If you watch "In to the Fire" each of the First Ones has their own method of entering hyperspace. The Vorlons are the only first ones whose vortexes are the same as those produced using jump gates.

FIRST QUESTION:
Season3, don't remember episode name but it was when Delenn told G'Kar that they knew about Shadows.

SECOND QUESTION
Don't know if its mentioned in the series but every hint points to Vorlons.

FIRST QUESTION:

I'm not sure if I remember this correctly, but didn't Delenn ask someone what this stuff that came out of her eyes after her transformation was? Or am I mixing it up with another series?

/IamS

ANSWER #3:

Apparently no. However, I suspect that when clarification is needed, they include their caste, clan... and perhaps even profession.

Instead of just Delenn... Delenn of the religious caste, from the clan of Mir... would explain better which Delenn is meant.

QUESTION 4#:

Why does it appear like the expansion of the Universe initially slowed... but started accelerating again some billions of years ago?

Are the calculations wrong? Is there a force which counteracts gravity... and appeared only then, with some significant alteration in the mass/composition of the Universe? Or was it always present... and simply deteriorates over distance slower than gravity?

Answering this one has a reward attached. To anyone who helps me understand this, I offer photos of dandelions and technical advise in fields where I can provide it. :D

Delenn does most of her crying after her transformation, but we do see Lennier with tears running down his face when he's holding vigil over Delenn's cocoon at the end of Crysalis. So full Minbari do indeed cry.

Delenn was torn up at Dukat's death, but I don't know if actual tears were visible.

Delenn never asked about tears; she asked about haircare and menstrual cramps.

The creation of jumpgate technology and the hyperspace beacon network is attributed to an unknown ancient race, not the Vorlons. Just one of those unexplained mysteries.

The creation of jumpgate technology and the hyperspace beacon network is attributed to an unknown ancient race, not the Vorlons.

With how extremely secret the Vorlons kept everything they did, what's to say that they didn't create the jumpgate technology?

With how extremely secret the Vorlons kept everything they did, what's to say that they didn't create the jumpgate technology?
On the other hand, given their secrecy and the advantages to 'order" of having no starflight, why would the Vorlons share jumpgate technology if they had invented it?

I will have to look at all the "data files" on the DVDs to see if they have this. The print Technical Manual has a section describing jump gates but nothing on their origin, just a reference to the CD. Anyone with the CD have anything more?

Loriens ship rode the Hyperspace beacons and also used the jumpgate at B5.

Jumpgate technology was probably created by one of the original first ones.

( not the races on B5 eg Walkers - but original first races - I suspect the Shadows and Vorlons only picked up their technology from the first ones to help them develop - much like the role of the Rangers in Deconstruction )

:LOL:

Loriens ship rode the Hyperspace beacons and also used the jumpgate at B5.

Jumpgate technology was probably created by one of the original first ones.

So who made the hyperspace beacons? The same guys that built the [first] jumpgates?

/IamS

I confess.

I was the one who build the jumpgates and the hyperspace beacon system. I also hired Jack Ruby and wrote the Telepath song.

;-)

-Tim

QUESTION 4#:

Why does it appear like the expansion of the Universe initially slowed... but started accelerating again some billions of years ago?

Are the calculations wrong? Is there a force which counteracts gravity... and appeared only then, with some significant alteration in the mass/composition of the Universe? Or was it always present... and simply deteriorates over distance slower than gravity?

Answering this one has a reward attached. To anyone who helps me understand this, I offer photos of dandelions and technical advise in fields where I can provide it. :D

Does this help?
Universe's expansion

If so, bring on them dandelion photos, dear. :D :cool:

Plotting the results over cosmic time, the scientists determined that the universe’s expansion started speeding up about six billion years ago, driven by dark energy.
:cool:

And I'm going to get a new computer soon, so get those technical advise grey cells warmed up for me, as well. :D

;)

Obviously the first thing anyone invented was a jump engine that could get a ship into and out of hyperspace. Once the first explorers were able to map hyperspace against normal space they could place navigation beacons, either as independent structures or as part of jumpgates that allowed ships without jump engines to access hyperspace.

Regards,

Joe

Does this help?
Unfortunately... too little.

It simply refers to a suspected source of propelling force: undetected but presumably not matter (named "dark energy" for the sake of convenience).

What I would like to find... would be theories trying to guess the properties/source of this force... and what influences it should effect -- on itself, conventional matter and conventional energy.

I would hope to find an informed guess... of how it might behave (especially differences of behaviour with regard to gravity) and thereby try to imagine what it might be and do.

The Vorlons would be willing to share jump gates because it would steer the younger races towards their methods of doing things. The Vorlons didn't want the young races to be stagnant just that their progress would be done using the Vorlon model.

Latest posts

Members online

Back