• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5 DVD S4 box set improved quality?

Za_Ha_Dum

Regular
Hey guys,

I was checking the site www.b5.com where WB officially announce its B5´s releases, and I figured out that Season 4 comes with many new features. WB makes a special highlight in the quality of the DVD set. Does it mean that we should expect the best quality of all B5 box sets?

Regards,

Cadu
ZAHADUM

But will one of the improvements be the hub design and / or disk placement process in the factory?

The percentage of returned sets (and by extension, frustrated customers) would be most improved by not having such a high percentage of buyers need to return the set due to scratched disks.

I don't see where Warner Bros. has indicated that the S4 set has any "new features" that were not included on the other sets. All have included various documentaries, commentary tracks by JMS and others, all have been remastered in 16:9 widescreen and Dolby Digital 5.1 All the R1 sets have included an Easter Egg, and all the sets worldwide since S2 have included blooper clips as Easter Eggs.

I just don't see anything here to indicate that S4 is going to be a particular improvement over the first three.

Regards,

Joe

Joe,

The reason I posted this message is because on the top of the forum list at www.b5.com you can see highlighted "ENHANCED FEATURES". But, this is not the only thing. If you go to the option "store" you can see all DVD realeases listed, with its specifications. I read "All New Digital Widescreen Transfer". This could be a clue that WB is making a even better job, and more worried about B5 DVD´s final result. Let´s hope. :) :D

Take care,

Cadu
ZAHADUM

I read "All New Digital Widescreen Transfer". This could be a clue that WB is making a even better job, and more worried about B5 DVD´s final result.

This is also stated on the specifications for Seasons 1 and 2.

Back