• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

I Have A New WORST B5 Episode, and it is....

Springer said:

>>That's going to be a... controversial statement! I mean personally I don't have a strong opinion on the episode – I think it's fine, some interesting character moments, some fun parts, competently written although not necessarily my favourite episode, but to put it on a list of worst episodes? Not for me.<<

It's pretty awful. First of all: Rebo and Zooty. (Who, according to Bruce, were just awful to work with, and weren't taking it seriously. I can believe this, as Bruce isn't one to complain, their scenes are stiff as boards, and Penn gives sloppy line readings). Morden returns and does nothing. Dodger returns and does nothing. Lochley's dead friend or girlfriend or sister or whatever returns and...does nothing. It's pretty much an anti-episode, in which drama REFUSES to happen. Added to which, the idea of a hunk of the station physically detaching from the station and ending up a berjillion light years away in magic space is a pretty fundamental violation of the B5 rules.

>>The lost Peter David episode was the one he co-wrote with Bill Mumy? <<

As far as I know. Anyone know anything about it?

"A View from the Gallery" was truly horrendous. But it doesn't compete with the Season 1 clunkers.

What's interesting to me is that people insisted FOR YEARS that "Gallery" was brilliant, when in fact it was a great big ol' turd from the gitgo. Suddenly opinion has changed. I wonder why?

Anyway, what season 1 clunkers are there?

I don't remember that sentiment on the B5 moderated forum after it aired. Never met anyone that thought it was brilliant. Everyone thought the two workers were annoying and crummy actors.

Let's just chalk it up to the low class of people I hang out with, but the local fans were pretty emphatic about how great it was.

10- Believers
11- Survivors
14- TKO
15- Grail
17- Legacies

"Believers" at least was trying to make a point, and I think it *DID* make it, it was just rather ham-fisted and an unpopular point. TKO had the scenes with Susan that were good. Grail had the Nakaleen Feeder, but honestly does suck more every time I see it. Which one is Legacies again?

I don't remember that sentiment on the B5 moderated forum after it aired. Never met anyone that thought it was brilliant. Everyone thought the two workers were annoying and crummy actors.

Now you have. And no, everybody didn't. I like the episode. I like most of the off-format episodes and I liked the chemistry that Mac & Bo had together.

>>The lost Peter David episode was the one he co-wrote with Bill Mumy? <<

As far as I know. Anyone know anything about it?

It was called 'Gut Reactions' and I've made a synopsis available before via PM. Let me know if you want it. Can't attach it here as it's over the limits. My opinion? It simply wasn't very good. But then as we can see above, tastes are different. ;)

Jan

It was called 'Gut Reactions' and I've made a synopsis available before via PM. Let me know if you want it. Can't attach it here as it's over the limits. My opinion? It simply wasn't very good. But then as we can see above, tastes are different. ;)

Jan

Ok. I'll try that.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back