• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

About that Halloween contest...

If I can cook up something readable, I will enter the contest.

At the moment however, neither of my two "release candidate" stories is suitable. One is too short, another too long, and both have problems far more serious than size. However, do not worry, I have more possibilities. I will try writing each... and see which works best.

Re: EUREKA!

My story is done. It's a silly little piece, at precisely 750 words. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

The only problem is I wrote in on a pc that has no floppy drive and is not connected to the 'net. So I now have to transcribe it from hard-copy onto another pc to submit it.

Channe's right. Writing is a pain. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Well, my story is a "Day of the Dead" type story, but it has somewhat of a hilarious twist to it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

850 words and counting....but with huffman compression, it fits, so I'm getting close.... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
{slinks back off into the ether}

--mcn

I have three versions, and none is suitable!
No doubt, the fourth one will disappear.
We shall see if I care to write the fifth one.

Ah, the fourth version might disappear, but it will reapper while the 5th version is playing itself out. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The 750-word limit destroyed my story, but it's great seeing such a large turnout of writers.

And, go Lennier.

I just submitted mine hopefully I stayed within the lines it just came into my head and couldn't stop typing .Anyway it is my first story on B5 anywhere .

Morden is cool.

I'm going to go write mine right now. If I don't, I never will (my schedule is rather ouchy this weekend).

I'm still working on mine, but I don't know if I can finish it and keep it within the guidlines for length......

Eh, I'm sure 762 words won't be a punishable offense either. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif But no more than that!

B5 Obsessed wrote, </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Under 750 words is a short, short story, but hey, I'm long-winded.

[/quote]

You think that's short, the 80's Saturday morning tv show 'No. 73' (remember that UK readers?) ran a competition to write the next chapter of a story in exactly 73 words. That was fun, but I did win chapter five. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif My first ever nationally broadcast piece of writing.

I'm working on my entry.

#1 Too unfinished.
#2 Too tasteless.
#3 Too depressing.
#4 Too odd.
#5 Still nowhere in sight.

Edit: so far, working on number 4. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I really want to read your's RW! It sounds great!

[/quote]

Well, I asked Kribu if there was a way to post it anyway even if I don't win. She never answered me. But if there is, maybe you can get your chance. Heck, if it wins, you'll get your chance. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm sure we can find a way to do that, whether it wins or not. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I still haven't seen it so I can't comment on it, I'm afraid.

Mine is in too /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm hoping that a Crusade story is acceptable? 748 words including the title /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif It wasn't easy getting it down to that number!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back