• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

You know you watch too much Jeremiah when...

channe

Regular
(there's been a season - it's about time for this)

...you drool over beat-up, battered, 15-year-old Land Rovers
...you pick up your best friend's cell phone and scream "Traitor!!"
...you refuse to believe that you have a last name
...you suddenly begin to hoard batteries in your file cabinet (or, better yet, bury them in your backyard so those nasty Burners can't find them)
....you check all the nursing homes in Virginia for your long-lost father
...you walk into the lingerie section at K-Mart and have a heart attack because it is so beautiful

The #1 reason

Whenever you walk into a bathroom you hear the theme song from 2001 A Space Odyssey in your head

... a super-deadly virus breaks out and you think its a good time to go looting for rolexes.

... you start debating the life-span of asphalt.

... dudes in dreadlocks who say "motherf*cker" get you excited.

... you start writing letters to a father who's been dead for 15 years.

Good ones and to follow on Recoils thoughts ...

...you start writing letters to newspapers.
...you start an online petition to Save Jeremiah.

No, really ... someone really did: http://www.petitiononline.com/Jeremiah/petition.html

They signed my guestbook with the URL and while I admire their intentions, I won't be signing it. Online petitions don't carry much weight unfortunately. /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Anyway, keep up the humor! We need something to do until the second season is announced. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

(of course, Lyta, there are those interviews we're doing...)

...you look up at a streetlight, raise your hands, and expect to be taken to Valhalla.

Actually sometimes online petitions work. Mostly for DVD's :) but they do work sometimes. A few examples

Episode 1 being release on dvd-Huge petition to get any SW
Willy Wonka in Widescreen
TMNT Animated

and so on and so on. There are more

capt

...you make a pilgrimage to Thunder Mountain.
...following that pilgrimage you set out to open Thunder Mountain with "One Hell of a big can opener."
...you read the Books of Jeremiah and Ezekial in the Bible. Everyday.
...you've changed your dogma to worshipping Odin, just so you can find answers to the Valhalla he created.
...you feel even more repulsed after touching your spouse than you did before.
...you've taken a vow of abstainence when it comes to twins simply to stay away from 'confusion'.

Enough cheese.

online petitions do carry some weight because of this 'Roswell ' was saved (one time) so i fully believe that every dedicated viewer who loves a show can make something happen ( i don't mean to sound preachy but i love this show) /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
...you start an online petition to Save Jeremiah.

[/quote]
to continue in same topic...i like last tachyontv humor /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
http://www.tachyon-tv.co.uk/news.htm

just a little copy-paste...i hope they dont mind:
---
JMS FANS SHOCKED WHEN 'JEREMIAH' FAILS TO GET CANCELED

Another 22 eps? No way! Fans of J. Michael Straczynski (Babylon 5, The Real Ghostbusters, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe) were left in a state of total confusion last week when his latest TV series, Jeremiah, managed to complete its first season without being canceled.

News that JMS had succeeded in making a moderately successful TV series sent shockwaves through fandom. "What in Valen's name are we supposed to do now?" asked bewildered fan G'Xananarama. "I had my Save Jeremiah website all ready to go the second the show was axed. Now I don't know what to do!"

A fan-based letter writing campaign to Showtime has already begun.

"We've got the names and addresses of all the right studio executives to harass. Together, we can sink this bitch," said an anonymous fan. "Once the show is dead we can start a new letter writing campaign to get the show saved. It's a bit of a round-about way of doing things, but I had 5000 Save Jeremiah bumper stickers printed up before they shot the pilot and I've got to get rid of them somehow."

JMS was more upbeat about the situation. "I didn't fuck up. This is wonderful news for the show. We now have an excellent chance of being canceled in the second or even third season!"
----

I must say that tachyontv site is one of my fav. atm /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

(only seen a few eps but I'm already there)

... you seriously ponder, for 5 whole minutes, why the US Airforce built the Cheyenne Mountain NORAD base in British Columbia

Back