• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The long waiting

Subject: quick question
To: alt.babylon5.uk
Date: 7/1/2004 6:37:00 PM

Not knowing the area very well...if one were going to be spending a great deal
of time in Hertfordshire, which is apparently near London (pity please on a
geographically unenlightened American), would it be better to get a small flat
in London for that time and commute, or get something in Hertfordshire itself?
How long is the trip? Or is there somewhere in-between that would be salutory?

jms

Subject: re: various from jms
To: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated
Date: 6/15/2004 5:58:58 AM

{snip}
(We interrupt this message with a coded message for our friends in England and
Australia: keep your eyes on the horizon.)
{snip}

On other projects...I'm making sudden progress with the medieval play I've been
twiddling with for the last few years, and may have it done in the next couple
of months. Once that happens, my plan is to do a limited, small production for
two weeks or so here in LA, just to see how the text works with an audience,
then take it away for another few months, twiddle with it some more, then go
for a larger venue. I may do something similar in London, since I may be
spending a bit amount of time there fairly soon.

And for those who've asked, I won't be in attendence at San Diego Comic Con
this year due to a variety of commitments.

Oh...and I've been offered an EP position on a network series, and while I
don't usually do that on shows I don't create or develop, when I heard what
this project was, I had to get on board. We still have to negotiate a deal,
and work out how that will interface with the stuff that'll be going on later
in the year, but fortunately the start date for the series should work out, at
least at this point.

Over the next couple of years JMS is going to be working in at least two countries. He has a play, may have something on the horizon, probably has a network series and TMoS. Unless TMoS is being filmed in the UK he will have to return to EP it. Network series are not normally planned over a year in advance but movies are (with my luck this will be the exception). This suggests that TMoS is going to be filmed after the series. Unless it is a very short series (or only a pilot) filming will take until Christmas or Easter.

JMS has said that he will be working in Britain and that this will fit in with TMoS.

You meant "this will fit in with" to mean "this will not conflict with" with the schedule for the film, rather than "this will be part of" that schedule. In context that was ambiguous.
Since the next sentence mentioned an end point at Easter and the following sentence mentioned TMoS filming starting at Easter the paragraph is not that ambiguous.

With prophecies written by JMS I have noticed that they normally have 3 different meanings, which the fans find, and a fourth one that JMS picks. I am applying that rule to his hints.

p.s. The county is Hertfordshire.

maybe he is already here....

Mind you - if he was here last week he would have been up to his neck in water like the rest of us in the UK ( in my home city of LEEDS we got 1 months rainfall in 5 hours )

:D

Dude I liked Lord of the Rings...all 3 of them. Jackson did a great job on them. Saying he isnt a good fit for B5 is one thing (which I agree with) but those movies owned and Jackson did a great job, so lighten up a tad. :)
Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I just preferred Tolkien's vision of TLotR to Jackson's. Jackson got the movies to sell, for sure, but for Tolkien fans there were laugh-out-loud bad scenes in them. Jackson does not understand subtle and TMoS needs subtlety, not sledgehammers. Jackson should do well with King Kong - it is a sledgehammer-type movie.

Why are SF fans such congenital "glass-is-half-empty" types, believing that every silver lining has its cloud?

Just a thought, but maybe because we have spent years being shit on by TV producers that wouldn't know a literate well-written series if it bit them in their over-sized butts?

Why are SF fans such congenital "glass-is-half-empty" types, believing that every silver lining has its cloud?

Just a thought, but maybe because we have spent years being shit on by TV producers that wouldn't know a literate well-written series if it bit them in their over-sized butts?

<snicker> Years? Try, decades.

It's looks like JMS is back from trip
And THAT is my reply on this whole subject. I would've posted this earlier,
but I've been on four international flights in the last six days, and I'm
hashed beyond belief.

It's looks like JMS is back from trip
And THAT is my reply on this whole subject. I would've posted this earlier,
but I've been on four international flights in the last six days, and I'm
hashed beyond belief.

Just curious, is there any particular thing he actually said before stating "and that is my reply"? :confused:

Just curious, is there any particular thing he actually said before stating "and that is my reply"?

Plenty, but none of it really relevant to this discussion. :) That was JMS's closing paragraph to a long post in an on-going thread about the current storyline in The Amazing Spiderman. Nothing else in the post had anything even potentially connected with TMoS.

Regards,

Joe

Just curious, is there any particular thing he actually said before stating "and that is my reply"?

Plenty, but none of it really relevant to this discussion. :) That was JMS's closing paragraph to a long post in an on-going thread about the current storyline in The Amazing Spiderman. Nothing else in the post had anything even potentially connected with TMoS.

Regards,

Joe

Are you sure? Perhaps he was speaking in code... The Straczynski Code and it was really all about TMoS, and had nothing to do with The Amazing Spiderman. :D :eek: :D ;)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back