• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Sunshine

GKarsEye

Regular
I happened to come across this movie and decided to watch it without knowing anything about it going in... and it's a great movie. Don't ya love it when that happens?

So it turns out this is a pretty recent flick. It's about a spaceship that has to fly to the sun (it's called the Icarus- GET IT?!) to drop a bomb in it so it doesn't die. 7 crew members, including Scarecrow from Batman and Michael Yeoh, that kung-fu chick that Jackie Chan made famous here (and later in a Bond flick and other stuff).

This is basically the movie Event Horizon should have been... but with a lot more yellow. Only thing I had a problem with is some of that modern crazy camera work. Story is pretty straight-forward but the best thing about the movie is the pacing... tightly spun, a bit high-minded and genuinely involving. Recommended.

Hrmmm...might add this one to the list. But setting off a Bomb in the sun so it doesnt go out? Thats almost as bad as using some never heard before machine to drill to the center of the earth because the Earths Core "stopped spinnning" and using nukes to "start" it again. Could happen.

Yeah, don't strain your brain about the physics...

I felt it was visually stunning. The plot was strong until about two-thirds through, when stuff got weird. I may, however, be permanently unable to watch it again without thinking of the girl I watched it with, and all the stuff that happened afterward, not all of it fun. That's another story, though; never mind.

I love Sunshine. And it's not just that I'm close to cumming the entire way through because of Chris Evans... I really love the movie. Love the visuals, love the story.

Its a great sci-fi horror flick. Felt like a cross between event horizon, silent running and the original Alien.
I really liked the soundtrack as well, gave it a real sense of pace and urgency.

I'd recommend Moon, recently out as well.

KF. Ladies come and go, but good movies stay with you forever. Ditch the pain man.

I really enjoyed it. I didn't pay much attention to the science. I'm not a "nitpicking nerd" about stuff like that. Why ruin a good story?

What, and lose my main reason for complaining about life? That way lies happiness, and who wants that?

First time I read that I thought you were responding Alluveal's comment about science errors in movies. Now that would be funnier- and sad. And is also much of the internet.

AF, tell more about Moon! I really wanted to see that.

Yeah me too but it was released while I was at SU Camp and was only one for one week in Stratford's cinema... so much for it being a centre of cultural importance.

Not sure I want to fork out the extra cash to drive out to solihullk or Brum to watch it!

AF, tell more about Moon! I really wanted to see that.

It's bsaically waht the trailer indicates. I was hoping that the trailer was hiding stuff. There's no huge surprises, it's not amazing... it's just an enjoyable flick I'd recommend watching.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back