• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Crusade DVDs announced

Having a widescreen TV, I wish it was in 16:9, but I understand why the show wasn't done in that format (or rather not converted to widescreen format by remastering). I thought all those shows were filmed in Super80 which would allow for widescreen if mastered that way.

Either way Im glad the set is coming out and I look forward to it.

With this announcement we are only on DVD away from having everything B5 on DVD! Here's to hoping they announce Rangers soon!

Nice cover :)

And i really like it's original 4:3.

Me too! :D ...Wish Max could have been on the cover, though. December 7th, same day as Wonderfalls. :D

To Recoil: Super 35. Where'd you get 80?

The picture of Gideon on the cover is gorgeous! :D And I'd much rather have had Max on the cover than Galen :p

In all seriousness, how can they possibly mention Peter Woodward before Gary Cole in that summary? :rolleyes:

Oops, you are right about super35. I think super80 was the airplane I was on last week flying back from Seattle. :p

The picture of Gideon on the cover is gorgeous! :D And I'd much rather have had Max on the cover than Galen :p

In all seriousness, how can they possibly mention Peter Woodward before Gary Cole in that summary? :rolleyes:

Oh, <raspberries, a.k.a. Bronx cheer>, I want 'em both on the cover. Your anti-PW streak is showing. :p ;)

Oh, <raspberries, a.k.a. Bronx cheer>, I want 'em both on the cover. Your anti-PW streak is showing. :p ;)

It's a mile wide, so hard to hide ;)

This is obviously a minority view on this board,
I'm disappointed the set has NOT been converted to 16:9,
I'm disappointed the packaging is yet another shade of blue,
I'm disappointed the RRP is so high!
Maybe it's just me huh?? :rolleyes:

I do believe the ONLY reason we have B5 in 16:9 is because Sci-Fi channel paid to have them remastered when they picked up the series for re-runs so they could market their "watch B5 as it was always meant to be seen in widescreen." Until then no one had ever seen B5 in widescreen either.

No one is around to pick up the bill for Crusade though, and its not an inexpensive process...

This is obviously a minority view on this board,
I'm disappointed the set has NOT been converted to 16:9,
I'm disappointed the packaging is yet another shade of blue,
I'm disappointed the RRP is so high!
Maybe it's just me huh?? :rolleyes:

You're carping about a GOOD THING. The CGI won't be cropped (lost picture area) and enlarged (with the resultant fuzziness), and the Composite CGI scenes won't be FUBARED. For crying out loud, BE HAPPY. For once, and by accident, WHV is doing something RIGHT. Sure, it'd be better if it was anamorphic, but if experience has shown us anything, we can't have it all.

Meh, I would rather have cropped CGI and widescreen live-action as it was filmed, than to watch everything in 4:3 just so I get those precious few inches of CGI in view. It never hurt anything in B5 imo.

It's not a good thing. I'd be much happy with crusade in widescreen. The whole thing would just look better.

But of course, I'm happy that we are getting the series at all on DVD :)

I'd be much happy with crusade in widescreen. The whole thing would just look better.

But of course, I'm happy that we are getting the series at all on DVD :)

Amen to that. :D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back