• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Annoyed with Galen

superbob

Regular
I had nothing to do this weekend and as a result went and hired a stack of movies, One of which was "The Patriot" with Mel Gibson. So I settle in because I haven't seen the movie yet and all of a sudden who pops up? Galen as a snivelling British officer who has the backbone of a Jellyfish. Damn I was hacked off, sometimes reality and fantasy can get blurred!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by superbob:
<font color=yellow>I had nothing to do this weekend and as a result went and hired a stack of movies, One of which was "The Patriot" with Mel Gibson. So I settle in because I haven't seen the movie yet and all of a sudden who pops up? Galen as a snivelling British officer who has the backbone of a Jellyfish. Damn I was hacked off, sometimes reality and fantasy can get blurred!</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Still, I was glad to see Peter in that movie. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

If you ever get a chance to see the Brimstone pilot, check it out.
Peter is in that as well, and plays the baddie.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.scifi.com/brimstone/>Brimstone Home at US Sci-Fi Channel Site</a>
<a target="_blank" href=http://www.scifi.com/brimstone/eppilot.html>Brimstone pilot</a>

/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

I think he would make a damn good baddie, whenever you see him as galen he makes me distinctly uncomfortable because it always seems as if there is a really evil technomage getting ready to break out and take over the universe! I still maintain he was wasted in "The Patriot"!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by superbob:
<font color=yellow>I think he would make a damn good baddie, whenever you see him as galen he makes me distinctly uncomfortable because it always seems as if there is a really evil technomage getting ready to break out and take over the universe!!</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

To me, he perfectly portrays the conflict at the core of a mage, and is a basically good person whose tech is causing him to have more temptations and bouts with control than most other human beings will ever experience. I think Peter did a damn fine job as Galen. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Ah, yes, Brimstone, . . . another good series that got cancelled [pulls angry/sad face]! I've always really liked Peter Horton as an actor, he's really good, and he proved that fact so convincingly during the short run of Brimstone. It was kind of what a Spawn television series would look like, and a good one at that, not like that silly movie. Brimstone made quite the impression on me and I suppose therefore I remembered the pilot as well as I do, and remembered Peter Woodward having starred in the pilot after I read his biography, after he left a fairly big impression on me as an talented actor having watched and loved Crusade. Mmmmmm, . . . funny that both actors have the same name! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

The Patriot

PWinPATRIOT.jpg

Brimstone

BrimstonePilot.jpg

<signed Galen>

And light dawns! Thanks for the picture Kosh, I completely forgot that I had seen the "Brimstone" series. Awesome series by the way!

Whoa, I never even realized that was Peter in that Brimstone ep. Heheheh. Well, that show gets yet another cool point. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Yep, that's indeed a positive to see someone form B5 and/or from Crusade in other films. But Galen... well.. He was my favorite character in Crusade /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by GeoKuutio:
<font color=yellow>Yep, that's indeed a positive to see someone form B5 and/or from Crusade in other films. But Galen... well.. He was my favorite character in Crusade /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

he came second to me, Matheson is first, and i'm glad he's currently in Angel, and (to me anyways) it's sad to see Jason Carter in the Chevy Avalanche commercials, He's too good for that.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by ElScorcho: </font color>
Too bad his tagline - "Expect me when you see me" was ripped off from Doctor Who.

[/quote]

Never saw even one episode of Dr. Who, but what does it matter anyway, as long as the line fits in with the character of Galen in Crusade?

How about "In the fullness of time...." I'm sure somebody else, somewhere has said that before. No big deal. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

>>Too bad his tagline - "Expect me when you see me" was ripped off from Doctor Who.<<

Think that goes back long before Dr. Who. Seem to remember someone using that line during some of the 1940s wartime movies.

Too bad his tagline - "Expect me when you see me" was ripped off from Doctor Who.

[/quote]

No, as noted above, it was a deliberate nod to The Lord of the Rings. The Human Technomages seem fond of quoting the book, especially lines spoken by or about Gandalf - which makes sense, when you think about it. (Elric paraphrases the line about not meddling in the affairs of wizards, "for they are subtle and quick to anger" in S2.) Presumably this is also where Doctor Who got the line. There is a difference between "quoting" and "ripping off".

I believe both the original Tolkein lines also appeared in the film version of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.

Regards,

Joe

Um, did you forget that G'Kar said the same line in the season 1 finally???

G'Kar - "Expect me, when you see me"
Galen - "Expect me when you see me"
(notice the differing pause point) lol /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I always liked that line

Um, did you forget that G'Kar said the same line in the season 1 finally (sic)?

[/quote]

Yes. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

Back