• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Jeff Conaway injured in fall

There seems to have been quite a lot of misinformation in the news about Jeff lately, regarding the severity of his injury, and they also threw in that he was becoming a Scientologist.

According to a story from 2008, Jeff had no intention of doing that:
http://www.parade.com/articles/editions/2008/edition_03-30-2008/Personality_Parade
Q How is actor Jeff Conaway doing since he left the VH1 show Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew?—K.C., Miami, Fla.

A Conaway, 57, was addicted to booze and drugs, including painkillers for a bad back. He has had back surgery but still needs supervision to remain drug-free. He’s gotten moral support from John Travolta, who played his pal in the film Grease and introduced him to Scientology. But Jeff told us, “I don’t intend to become a Scientologist.”

Anyway, enough of that nonsense.

Did the surgery go well?

There doesn't seem to be any news on how the surgery went, but I just found a disturbing article on E! News that says Jeff's girlfriend is worried about his drug use and that he talks about wanting to die at home. :( Full article below:

Girlfriend on Relapsed Jeff Conaway: "He Wants to Die at Home"

Two stints in Celebrity Rehab didn't take for Jeff Conaway. And now the reality for the Grease star is pretty grim.

Just ask his exasperated girlfriend, Vikki Lizzi, who has now come forward in an impassioned plea to get him help after he wound up hospitalized following a drug-fueled fall at his home.

"This is just devastating," Lizzi says in an exclusive interview with E! News. "I tried to save him from himself by trying to get him help...He wants to die at home. He knows the meds are killing him. He can't get off them."

The 59-year-old Conaway has been unable to kick a prescription drug habit. Things have gotten so bad that he's been contemplating his own funeral.

"He's talking about being burned on a boat and sent out to sea like a Viking funeral. It sends chills up my spine," Lizzi says. "We're all trying to save his life, and he's not listening."

According to Lizzi, Conaway has repeatedly brought up the subject of suicide and his condition has become so erratic that he has suffered several falls at home. The latest one this week resulted in emergency surgery for a fractured hip and head injuries. He is still recovering.

"I don't think he wants to die. I think it's the meds that are destroying his mind," Lizzi adds.

She says she's tried to get him help, but only a few of Conaway's famous friends have shown any interest. His old Grease running mate John Travolta expressed concern by sending flowers this week, and Celebrity Rehab guru Dr. Drew Pinsky is once again consulting with Conaway, although Lizzi isn't sure it's enough.

Conaway, she says, "is just stubborn. He needs an intervention."

I hope this is a bit over-wrought on Vikki's part.

There doesn't seem to be any news on how the surgery went, but I just found a disturbing article on E! News that says Jeff's girlfriend is worried about his drug use and that he talks about wanting to die at home. :( Full article below:

Girlfriend on Relapsed Jeff Conaway: "He Wants to Die at Home"

Two stints in Celebrity Rehab didn't take for Jeff Conaway. And now the reality for the Grease star is pretty grim.

Just ask his exasperated girlfriend, Vikki Lizzi, who has now come forward in an impassioned plea to get him help after he wound up hospitalized following a drug-fueled fall at his home.

"This is just devastating," Lizzi says in an exclusive interview with E! News. "I tried to save him from himself by trying to get him help...He wants to die at home. He knows the meds are killing him. He can't get off them."

The 59-year-old Conaway has been unable to kick a prescription drug habit. Things have gotten so bad that he's been contemplating his own funeral.

"He's talking about being burned on a boat and sent out to sea like a Viking funeral. It sends chills up my spine," Lizzi says. "We're all trying to save his life, and he's not listening."

According to Lizzi, Conaway has repeatedly brought up the subject of suicide and his condition has become so erratic that he has suffered several falls at home. The latest one this week resulted in emergency surgery for a fractured hip and head injuries. He is still recovering.

"I don't think he wants to die. I think it's the meds that are destroying his mind," Lizzi adds.

She says she's tried to get him help, but only a few of Conaway's famous friends have shown any interest. His old Grease running mate John Travolta expressed concern by sending flowers this week, and Celebrity Rehab guru Dr. Drew Pinsky is once again consulting with Conaway, although Lizzi isn't sure it's enough.

Conaway, she says, "is just stubborn. He needs an intervention."

I hope this is a bit over-wrought on Vikki's part.

Unfortunately she probably isn't being over-dramatic. They've been saying for years that the drugs are killing him and responsible for his physical condition, from everything they've said on Celebrity Rehab, etc, it's amazing he's still alive as it is. It's a shame, he's a decent actor, seems like a real fun guy (sans the drugs) and he seemed like he has a lot to live for.

Having had the misfortune of seeing that woman on an episode of the rehab show...I dunno. I don't believe for a moment that she's clean, that's for sure. My first impression is that she's trying to drum up sympathy. That may be unsympathetic but that was my impression.

Jan

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back