• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and Chilli Giggling Like a Little Girl

Chilli

High Treason Prevention Officer
Chilli is currently in the US for the first time in 7 years, and for the first time in ever is in the US without supervision and with some liberty. Today, my cousin, sister and I went to the recording of the Daily Show with Jon Stewart. He is, in person, even funnier than he is on TV. Recording the episode was fun too, but the parts before and after the show where he interacts with the audience were even better. Highly recommended to anyone that ever visits NYC, it was the funniest thing I've ever seen.

I am currently in the unique position of being able to spoil the Daily Show for people. Hah! Catch my embarrasing giggles at 11 EST on Comedy Central, if you're in the US, or online at http://www.thedailyshow.com/ tomorrow if not.

Chilli is currently in the US for the first time in 7 years, and for the first time in ever is in the US without supervision and with some liberty. Today, my cousin, sister and I went to the recording of the Daily Show with Jon Stewart. He is, in person, even funnier than he is on TV. Recording the episode was fun too, but the parts before and after the show where he interacts with the audience were even better. Highly recommended to anyone that ever visits NYC, it was the funniest thing I've ever seen.

I am currently in the unique position of being able to spoil the Daily Show for people. Hah! Catch my embarrasing giggles at 11 EST on Comedy Central, if you're in the US, or online at http://www.thedailyshow.com/ tomorrow if not.

I've always wondered how hard it is to get into his shows. I shall look forward to seeing the (taped) episode when I have time tomorrow or Friday.

How do they hype the audience up so much anyway? By the time they tape it usually sounds like they are ready to explode!!!

They have a warmup comedian - Paul Mecurio - that starts "warming up" the audience before Jon Stewart himself appears. Then comes Q&A with Jon Stewart. Either all the people asking questions were plants, or the same questions have all been asked a gazillion times before, or Jon Stewart is FAST. He had the perfect smart-ass answer for all the stupid questions.

One interesting thing for me was ... I was sitting right behind Chuck, the director/tech guy/whatever you would call it, who controls the feed for Jon's teleprompter. What Jon was saying was sort of what the teleprompter said .. but really only very sort of. He fucked up the second act completely and had to restart, and his second take was completely different from his first take.

I didn't catch the giggling but I'll assume it was at the beginning. There was a lot of laughing going on.

I've erased the episode now, but which part got to you? The egg at the van, his version of how he'd run the C-Span show? It was a funny show, you got to see him on a good night.

I can see how things would get off-track sometimes. He must have almost no prep time. If he isn't just reading from a prompter then he's going to get lost sometimes.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back