• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

help with a film

Ranger1

Regular
i'm trying to remember the name of a movie, and i'm hoping you guys can help. i'm fairly certain it was a clive barker movie, but could be wrong. it was about a sort of vampire culture, like in blade but without the daywalker, and revolved around this kid who found out he was a vamp and tried to fit in with his newly found brethren. as i remember it was a mega cheesefest, but that's why i want to see it again.

i'm trying to remember the name of a movie, and i'm hoping you guys can help. i'm fairly certain it was a clive barker movie, but could be wrong. it was about a sort of vampire culture, like in blade but without the daywalker, and revolved around this kid who found out he was a vamp and tried to fit in with his newly found brethren. as i remember it was a mega cheesefest, but that's why i want to see it again.

I'm thinking "Nightbreed". I don't think they were vampires, per se but they were a very odd bunch.

A community of mutant outcasts of varying types and abilities attempts to escape the attentions of a psychotic serial killer and redneck vigilantes with the help of a brooding young man who discovers them. Based on the novel "Cabal" by Clive Barker.

The psychotic doctor (Ol' Button Face) was well played by Canada's favorite director, David Cronenberg. Barker himself directed the film.

Attachments

• nightbreed-dvd-image-05.jpg
    nightbreed-dvd-image-05.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 5
  • nightbreed-dvd-image-04.jpg
    nightbreed-dvd-image-04.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 5
no it wasn't nightbreed, and it certainly wasn't the lost boys.

first time i saw nightbreed was about 6 or years back, the BBC had a period of about a month where every friday night they showed a cool movie of that type (i hesitate to say horror, because they weren't really) the film i'm after was third in the run and all the others were clive barker, that's what makes me think this one was too, nightbreed was the second movie in the run.

Did they spend the whole time going around in a white van with blacked out windows ? And did he have a hot vampire girlfriend ?

I can vaguely recall a film along those lines...

Did they spend the whole time going around in a white van with blacked out windows ? And did he have a hot vampire girlfriend ?

I can vaguely recall a film along those lines...

That is ringing a bell with me now.

There was another one which I think was on C4 which had a girl who was part vampire and was a daywalker. Her father was played by "Norman Bates" himself... and I remember rightly, they wanted her for breeding purposes so that the next generation of vamps would be immune to sunlight.

I just did a search based on your description and came up with a 1987 film called Near Dark

There was another one which I think was on C4 which had a girl who was part vampire and was a daywalker. Her father was played by "Norman Bates" himself... and I remember rightly, they wanted her for breeding purposes so that the next generation of vamps would be immune to sunlight.

I just did a search based on your description and came up with a 1987 film called Near Dark

Near Dark was a crazy redneck vampire film. I believe James Cameron may have been involved somewhere, since the movie starred two of his regualr actors Lance Hendrickson and "Wild" Bill Paxton.

I came across a reference to a film called "The Affected" in which a rebellious teen who discovers he is a vampire must defend his friends when his "family" comes to his town to reclaim him. However I lost the link that described it, and can't find any other reference to such a film anywhere - even on IMDB. That is truly odd.

That sounds good to me....

Back