• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Galactica Season 4 (Spoilers Within)

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
Was that same cat Lee saw in bag the same cat live in Stinking lawyers room?
He looked at the cat strange when he was in there as though stinking lawyer mind projecting what Lee saw? Tripped over food dish and said don't u ever fed this cat, because he was dead all ready?
And just because we saw Xena look into camara and say your the 5th cylon does not mean she was looking as Ros, she just looked surprised thats all must be some one else in room with her.
and oh ya that dog looked strange too.
IMHO

I think the idea was that the dead cat was always in the bag. The only person who saw the live one was the lawyer I think. Lee never saw it. The guy was delusional. At least that is how I took it.

I also didn't like the episode.Lee becoming a president was unrealistic.As far as we know he doesn't have the proper education but only military training.He also seems to be the youngest and most unexperienced member of the Quorum.

I'm going to mirror Recoil's comments. I have to ask, so what? They were looking for the best possible candidate for the position. The military will listen to Lee. Lee has military experience. He also is (as Romo suggested,) honest, trustworthy. He has a conscience. Zerrick also has the proper education? He was a guerilla-tactics kind of guy, considered a terrorist by some. While it may seem an "easy move" you also have to take into consideration the time restraint the story arc now has with the last season. I don't totally disagree with you. I think it's happily convenient. I think many of us predicted this already.

On the cat:

I thought Lee said, "you're still feeding this cat?" Which I thought was odd until the ending. I don't know. I'm still a little confused about that whole deal.

Im sorry I found whole episode annoying, i do hope next weeks makes up for this one. Hm another thought had crossed my mind on who the fith Cylon. Its Gabrial that Dana was looking at.:guffaw:

P.S. the trailer for next week's episode

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

has Xena Warrior Cylon returning and implies that Roselyn may be the final cylon

Knowing the desire to be tricky in advertisements, I think D'Anna is referring to someone who's sitting next to Roslin. And I wouldn't be surprise if that person is one of the final five that we already know. Anders went with the Roslin group, but I can't remember, did Tyrol? I think the little clip is of Roslin having a "what What WHAT!" moment about someone else.

Last night's episode seemed filler-y to me, and yeah, well, boring.

And now we have the theory/statement/claim that the cylons can't reproduce with each other busted up.

So next week we actually get to see who Cylon number 5 is or are they giving us another red herring? So we know its likly someone thats on the Basestar? Waht if is Adama for god sake. It looks like he shows up there why couldn't it be him, was he standing in the room with Laura and we couldn't see him? never mind the whole its a peripheral character, we get so many false leads and feeds thrown at us, that Adama being public enemy number 5 is not out of the equation. Next week may have me with Egg on my face for this one, well Fine then.:(:confused::):cool:

Sorry for telling those things about some of the characters in this show but that's my opinion and I feel that I need to express it without the desire to convince anyone in it.

I'm just surprised that over 40 other people who were professional politicians much longer than Lee were skipped so easily.The son of the admiral was chosen to be a president and this compromizes the position considering that he wasn't elected.From the point of view of a regular civilian it looks just like a monarchy-Emperor William Adama gave the political power to Prince Lee Adama.So if I'm a dirty, hungry and poor worker in a tilium(spelling might be wrong) refinery and I vote for someone to be a president I expect to see that someone govern my country or a civilization not a soldier who has been trained to fight all his life.In politics that kind of behaviour is called "substitution of people's vote" and that's exactly what 3 political parties in my country did.People voted for them as an alternative to one another but they decided to unite and form a government together because otherwise they wouldn't have enough votes to do it.No one elected this new 3 in 1 party but it's been governing for almost 4 years.If even the elected ones cannot govern without the "blessing" of the army where is this civilization going.Why don't they just crown William Adama as the one an only monarch who takes the decisions and dismiss the Quorum and everyone else pretending to do something.Even in time of war the civilian government and the president must take the main decisions(Roosevelt, Churchill,Lincoln) becuse they were ELECTED and they represent the will of their people, not their generals.

That's just an opinion.

Last edited:
I must admit i had serious problem with Lee Adama being crowned President as well, The job by law should have gone to Tom Zarek, but he has issues, so to me your right Lee should not be in that position. So is Adama the 5th Cylon? TruthSeeker?

I must admit i had serious problem with Lee Adama being crowned President as well, The job by law should have gone to Tom Zarek, but he has issues, so to me your right Lee should not be in that position. So is Adama the 5th Cylon? TruthSeeker?

I have no idea.We'll see soon enough.Thanks for the support.:)

Truth seeker why do something like this as a thread for discussion, I would but of late ive been striking out with some of my thread choices.

The job by law should have gone to Tom Zarek,

Again, not to belabor this point, but I don't think enough people see it. In a PERFECT world, yes that is what would happen. But in a post-holocaust world where a tiny fraction of the human race is alive, and their very EXISTENCE depends on the military, then yea, exceptions to what would normally happen would need to be made. If the military wouldn't get behind Zarek, then sorry dude, you are out.

If the military wouldn't get behind Zarek, then sorry dude, you are out.

My sentiment exactly. You want the human race to survive? Or do you want their extinction based on a governmental technicality?

And I think Anders is on board. I think the trailer is deceptive to suggest Roslyn will be named the final cylon.

OR

D'Anna tells Roslyn she is a cylon out of spite or to be manipulative in some way.

Interesting that Caprica 6 is pregnant and by Tigh? The baby will be an (original) hybrid, right? The hybrids that run the ships were cylon+cylon made, if I am correct and were considered a failure in regard to reproductive objectives. I could be wrong.

If she is preggo and it is a true hybrid, maybe the baby will give her some kind of sentient roadmap to the hub (since Athena could sense the baby she was carrying--it was a girl, etc.) Who knows.

Caprica 6's baby is doomed either way. That kid's gonna die. Too many tots and if one was going to be offed, it would be hers (or die in birth, etc.)

Last edited:
For some reason when I think of Galactica I can almost see it like a Wagnerain opera Gotterdammerung Twilight of the Gods for some reason. In this season we are seeing twilight looming for both Cylons and Colonials the death of the old and in a sense a the rebirth of the new and the cycle of history coming around to reset itself once again Like an opera there has to be death and thats what we are going to get. Its no coincidence that Ron Moore has invoked the who symbolism and of the Opera. In Opera you have tragedy, but Opera's also involve weddings as well. The symbolic marriage of Gaius and Six, the Marriage of Cylon and Human, a new beginning as some of you have argued. Hera is the child of that union symbolically of course. The doors closing to Sharon and Laura mean that they can't enter this new age, they are part of the and the old must give way to the new. I may well mean that many of them will not survive. But it may also mean there is some kind of hope in all of this. i don't know:confused:

For the record, I just pointed out that the preview implied Roselyn was the 5th cylon, by no means did I say it was true. I'm fully aware of how those things work.

I would also like to repeat my bitch about how f'n BORING that ep was. Can Lee pls be killed? Since he's the president, I'd like to see him shot in the head while cruising down a motorcade parade. Then we could argue if there was a cylon in the grassy knoll.

Seriously, all I remember was a lawyer talking to a cat while writing on a whiteboard. Awesome! zzzzzzzzz

Not Galactica's finest moment at all. The 5th Cylon? well we will find out next week I suppose, I have my suspicion which could well be wrong. I would laugh my head of if I was correct about Adama and that one could well turn the whole show on its head. They need to get away from As The Battlestar Turns and get back to business. You know other then Battlestar and Maybe Dr Who what else is there that scif that really excites me , not much i. Stargate Atlantis? action adventure but nothing realy deep or meaningful there. Eurieka? when its on yes. Torchwood was exciting but John Barrowman is leaving and the writing is being toned down so not anymore. BBC America is getting the show Primevil, which I have heard nothing about as of yet. Movies? other then maybe Abrams Trek Movie not much at this point.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the episode. I can think of worse, far worse. I'm trying not to get into the same situation I was last season where I had my eye on the prize the entire time and lost the smaller moments in between.

I haven't heard anything about this; granted, I haven't sought out such information. Is tonight the last episode until 2009? Good Lord, they really drag this show's broadcast out.

WTF?? How can they call it a season if one half of it is airing spring/summer 2008 and the other half isn't airing till next year?

Well Apollo's President, after Romo decided not to shoot him as a result of his grief over his dead cat,

I just wanted to isolate this one sentence so that we could dwell on how f'n retarded this show can get, especially when it involves Lee Adama, the single most awful person I see on TV now. I don't know if I made this observation here, but he's the Michael Moore of BSG- yeah, I basically agree with him, but I still want him to shut the frak up 'cause he's so goddamn annoying.

Yep. retarded. I think that sums this show up well at this point.

I enjoyed the episode. I can think of worse, far worse. I'm trying not to get into the same situation I was last season where I had my eye on the prize the entire time and lost the smaller moments in between.

Maybe so, but when I find the smaller moments as dull as dogshit and we are still not getting nearer to the prize, then I can't really say I'm enjoying it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back