• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Galactica Season 4 (Spoilers Within)

truth i know the answer to the question, but i don't know how to do the damn spoiler thingy, so it'll have to wait till tonight, or tomorrow.

Ranger1 I was also wondering how to do it.I found out by quoting Pobman.It's done the same way as quoting but you put one = after the first [spoiler].

Last edited:
truth i know the answer to the question, but i don't know how to do the damn spoiler thingy, so it'll have to wait till tonight, or tomorrow.

I googled b5tv and spoiler tag and found a post where VacantLook had replied to someone else instructing them how to do it.

Basically:

[ spoiler=Spoiler Test] Sinclair Is Valen [ /spoiler]

without the spaces would give you:

Spoiler for Spoiler Test:
Sinclair Is Valen

I'm not going to look at your spoiler but I am interested to know how you know who the last cylon is.

Garovorkin said:
So who's the 12th Cylon anyone? because at this point I don't have a clue.

I think Jimi Hendrix

Last edited:
Spoiler for :
the answer is that the president rules at the pleasure of the military, thus a president has no power without the backing of the admiral, zerrick may have been 1st in line for the job, but without bills support would never achieve anything, i think that is why he suggested a civil defence force (his own armed power base, thus hopefully bypassing the need for military endorsement). this is why young lee adama was the only realistic choice from the crop of senior figures within the fleet to take the mantle of president, he's a retired pilot, thus has the respect of the men and women of the galactica, plus he already has a good relationship with the admiral. a serving officer clearly would have been unacceptable after the coup at the end start of season 2 (or around then). watching laura deal with the admiral you can clearly see she is independent but somewhat subservient (certainly on matters of defence), only rarely ignoring the advice of "the old man". also i liked that bill stayed behind to wait for her, i have been waiting for one of them to be honest about how they clearly feel for each other, she has at best months to live i'd like to see at least a little happiness for the two of them.

All I know is that cast members are saying that if you think you know who it is you're way off. You will be extremely surprised, though I don't think we'll find out for sure until it returns for the 2nd half of the last season in 2009. Cool that we'll be most likely getting some TV prequels and webisodes to fill in the gap though.

Also becoming very excited about Caprica and its cast.

CE

PS: Sorry to be gone for a bit, but mesa back!

:)

I think this series is not going to end well for most of the characters. if the show has to pessimistic an ending It would probably kill any desire i have to see Caprica. Why see a prequel series when you know the long term picture fro all of them is going to end up being so bleak. I can live with a bitter sweet ending though.:(

Sci Fi Channel ALWAYS takes long mid-season hiatus's for its shows. All of them. Stargate Atlantis, BSG, hell even Flash Gordon. They have a mid-season "cliff hanger" then go on break for a few months, then finish the season, go on another few months break, then start the next one.

Never did it enter my mind they would show this final season all the way through non-stop.

Well Apollo's President, after Romo decided not to shoot him as a result of his grief over his dead cat, Adama and just Left the discover the fate of laura Roslyn and find himself perhaps and Coloniel Tigh is not only in command again but he's going to be a father, This has been an other Episode of As The Battlestar Turns. I don't know about this one. al ot of questions and not enough answers here. What was Sharon singing to Hera anyway?Since singing has become an clue of what the story is leading to. In the next episode we have Dana Behrs telling Laura Roslyn that she's the 5th? interesting and somehow I have my doubts on this one. :):rolleyes:

Well Apollo's President, after Romo decided not to shoot him as a result of his grief over his dead cat,

I just wanted to isolate this one sentence so that we could dwell on how f'n retarded this show can get, especially when it involves Lee Adama, the single most awful person I see on TV now. I don't know if I made this observation here, but he's the Michael Moore of BSG- yeah, I basically agree with him, but I still want him to shut the frak up 'cause he's so goddamn annoying.

Why did the scuzzy lawyer get to decide who is the next president? I pride myself in understanding politics well, real or fictional, but. wtf?! Ok they didn't want Zareck 'cause of Adama Sr, got it, so they get to vote on another one. So Lee forms a "search committee" of himself and some lawyer. That's a committee? And then he comes back from the committee and announces that he picked himself, or that his lawyer buddy picked him? And this Council goes along with it?

Ok granted this reminds me of how Dick Cheney was asked to pick Georg W Bush's running mate and he picked himself, but now I'm comparing Apollo to Cheney and this is stupid. Also, not interesting at all. I really feel sorry for anyone reading this post.

My review of this episode: BOOOOOOOORING

P.S. the trailer for next week's episode

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

has Xena Warrior Cylon returning and implies that Roselyn may be the final cylon

I'm going to repeat my hidden statement from several days ago:

I also didn't like the episode.Lee becoming a president was unrealistic.As far as we know he doesn't have the proper education but only military training.He also seems to be the youngest and most unexperienced member of the Quorum.

The whole thing about Adama's approval was really annoying.This is a democracy after all.They skipped more than 40 names to get to the son of the admiral.This looks to me like a military dictatorship and a royal dynasty.Zarek may not be the right person for the position but it's not the job of the commanding officer of the fleet to make that choice and as Zarek himself said he was at least elected.What is the legal right of Daddy's Boy to be a president-the sympathy of his father?

This is a democracy after all.

Believe it or not, that one sentence is what I really have an issue with in this show. After what happened, how few humans are left, and what they are doing to survive, I really doubt that the safety of the fleet would be put in the hands of whatever remaining civilians there were. I see the need to put those sort of figures in place to at least let everyone feel like things are as they were, but they should be limited to govern and make laws for the welfare of the people, not tell the fleet/military what to do.

I'm sorry, but when there are less than 40,000 humans left alive, you really can't trust the decisions and safety of everyone on a handful of "elected" people who up until this disaster had nothing to do with either the military OR government. You want to talk about inexperience? What did ANY of this quorum of twelve do before the Cylons attacked? Bankers? Laywers? Garbage truck drivers? Who knows? We know they didn't work in the military or the old government though.

Yea this episode was another snoozer. "As the Galactica Turns" :LOL:

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
Was that same cat Lee saw in bag the same cat live in Stinking lawyers room?
He looked at the cat strange when he was in there as though stinking lawyer mind projecting what Lee saw? Tripped over food dish and said don't u ever fed this cat, because he was dead all ready?
And just because we saw Xena look into camara and say your the 5th cylon dos not mean she was looking as Ros, she just looked surprised thats all must be some one else in room with her.
and oh ya that dog looked strange too
IMHO

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back