• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Heroes Season 2 [SPOILERS]

Alluveal

Regular
Starts tonight! I'm damn excited. I heard a few spoilers. They are listed below....

Peter and Nathan Patrelli are rumored to have both survived and are returning. Not sure if they will be in the first episode or not, though. VERY happy if this is true

Over and out

Re: Heroes Season 2

It was an ok ep... I'm just ticked that they didn't show Peter till the end.

I agree that it was just an ok sort of episode, but I don't have a problem with them holding off on showing Peter until the end since we know he's a main character and he'll get a lot of face time. I mean, think of how little we saw of Sheridan in the first episode of season four.

I was prepared the find Maya to be annoying since (unless I'm mistaken) she's played by the same person who played "Callisto" in X-3; I still think X-3's rendition of Callisto was absolutely stupid, not to mention annoying. But Maya ended up being decent so far.

I think I'll use some spoiler code for the rest of my thoughts, just in case. I don't want to spoil the first episode for anyone.

Spoiler for first episode of season two of Heroes:
I'm kind of saddened to find out that the samurai we saw at the end of the finale of season one wasn't Hiro's father. And I'm even more saddened to see that Hiro's father's been killed by a mystery man. I liked George Takei's character on this show and wasn't ready for him to be killed off, though I expected it would happen eventually.

I guess I'll have to see more of the British dude in Japan before I can really say what I think of him. I liked him as Sark for the first couple of seasons of Alias before that show was stupified. So, I'll have to wait and see.

I did quite enjoy seeing Nathan tell his mother that she's evil. :)

I'm most intrigued by the guy from Claire's new school that was levatating and flying outside her window.

I'm quite excited that Veronica Mars herself, Kristen Bell, is going to be doing a big run on this season. I loved her as Veronica, and I've read and heard comments of hers that she's quite thrilled with the role she's doing for Heroes.

Last edited:

I'm quite excited that Veronica Mars herself, Kristen Bell, is going to be doing a big run on this season. I loved her as Veronica, and I've read and heard comments of hers that she's quite thrilled with the role she's doing for Heroes.

Supposedly she was also offered a part on LOST but, had to pass because of the Heroes Gig.

G-hair, I would if I could! I can't edit it, though. Maybe a mod can do that for me?

Vacantlook, first off, how do you do that cool spoiler code?

Second, I think George Takei IS in the past. I'm sure that was him who ran away. Maybe that's an ancestor of Hiro's?

My theory is that Hiro IS Kensei and he takes over to make things right so the "story goes ok" and the present isn't tarnished. I love the actor who played Sark. I let out quite a girlie squeal when I saw him.

I'm looking forward to Kristen Bell as well, though I never watched Veronica Mars. I've heard enough good about it that I welcome her as a new face.

Not sure about Hottie Mexican lady. Either she can crush peoples brains with her mind or she IS some kind of plague/virus (kind of like the similar story in the 4400.)

Supposedly she was also offered a part on LOST but, had to pass because of the Heroes Gig.

I either heard or read her talking about that. She said two things made her decide to go with Heroes over Lost. One, she's got some friends working on Heroes and she liked the idea of working with them. Two, being on Heroes meant she could stay in LA and not have to move.

Vacantlook, first off, how do you do that cool spoiler code?

[ spoiler= ] [ /spoiler ]

...is the code, without the spaces, of course. Do note, you have to include the equals sign in order for the code to work. Generally speaking, you can type something after the equals sign to indicate what the spoiler is for. For example,

Spoiler for how to use spoiler code:
This is how you do it.

My theory is that Hiro IS Kensei and he takes over to make things right so the "story goes ok" and the present isn't tarnished....

Well, visual depictions we've been shown so far do have Kensei looking a lot like Hiro, so I think you're on the money more or less for that one.

I'm looking forward to Kristen Bell as well, though I never watched Veronica Mars. I've heard enough good about it that I welcome her as a new face.

If you netflix, I say give Veronica Mars a try. It's got a sort of neo-noir feeling to it, its story is quite dense and complex, and the character of Veronica Mars is such a great, strong female role.

Amnesia stories suck. Claire's flying boyfriend was almost creepy. Not sure why they need to add MORE characters when they can't even get all their main characters in one episode to begin with. Everything else was fun, though.

Alias fans will recognize "Kensei" as Sidney's nemesis, Sark. I got a kick out of seeing him in that samurai garb.

LondosHair said:
Amnesia stories suck....

I take it you disliked season one of Babylon 5?

...Not sure why they need to add MORE characters when they can't even get all their main characters in one episode to begin with....

Did you experience a similar problem with Babylon 5 adding more characters all the while not having everyone in the main cast in one episode?

Was an OK episode. Not great, but it's only the first episode, so I wasn't exepcting it to completely blow me away.

I'm assuming now that we have the word "spoilers" in the title I can just talk about it without hiding anything?

I didn't think anyone actually believed Peter and Nathan were dead. I thought it was too obvious that they were alive, so dragging Peter's re-appearance till the end of the episode slightly annoyed me.

Comparing that to Babylon 5, I actually assumed that Sheridan was gone for good. I thought that Babylon 5 was going to be the first show I had seen to have enough balls to do that. But i'm extremely glad that he returned.

I agree that generally amnesia stories suck. The first season of Babylon 5 was different as it wasn't a total memory loss, but of a specific event that was very important, so that added a lot of mystery to the show.

I also thought that Hiro would step up to the plate and become Kenzei. When I mentioned this to my wife, she seemed shocked and thought I may have uncovered a major plot twist. I just thoguht it was the obvious thing....

I take it you disliked season one of Babylon 5?
How can you even compare the two? Sinclair knew who he was and lived a normal life aside from having no memory of a single event. Peter doesn't even remember who he is.

Amnesia stories suck because the audience already knows what the character doesn't. There's nothing in it for us as they search for their identity. The only way I've ever seen it work is when a show starts out with a character who has amnesia and the audience has to figure out who he is.

Did you experience a similar problem with Babylon 5 adding more characters all the while not having everyone in the main cast in one episode?
Yes, actually, like in the case of Byron and his people. I still don't see why you're comparing two completely different shows.

I thought the addition of yet another character threw off the rest of the episode. It's much easier to add new characters in the middle of a season than at the beginning.

Was an OK episode. Not great, but it's only the first episode, so I wasn't exepcting it to completely blow me away.

I'm assuming now that we have the word "spoilers" in the title I can just talk about it without hiding anything?

I didn't think anyone actually believed Peter and Nathan were dead. I thought it was too obvious that they were alive, so dragging Peter's re-appearance till the end of the episode slightly annoyed me.

Comparing that to Babylon 5, I actually assumed that Sheridan was gone for good. I thought that Babylon 5 was going to be the first show I had seen to have enough balls to do that. But i'm extremely glad that he returned.

I agree that generally amnesia stories suck. The first season of Babylon 5 was different as it wasn't a total memory loss, but of a specific event that was very important, so that added a lot of mystery to the show.

I also thought that Hiro would step up to the plate and become Kenzei. When I mentioned this to my wife, she seemed shocked and thought I may have uncovered a major plot twist. I just thoguht it was the obvious thing....

Peter surviving, was a pretty sure bet, Nathan surviving, not so much a sure bet, how fast would you have to fly away from a Nuclear explosion to survive?

I think either Hiro will eventually step up (I think this Kenzei arc is at least a half season long) or he will train Kenzei to become what he becomes.

I thought the episode was pretty good for a new start, lots of mysteries spun to reveal over the next several weeks. The new characters...it's a comic book, and also, they need disposable characters to kill. Not all of last season's characters are returning this season, so if you are thinking of last season, the cast may not be as big as you think.

Claire's new friend is the first person we've seen develop the same power as someone else (excepting Peter, the sponge that is), so it was nice to finally get some confirmation that every single person won't be different. Pity about George Takei's character, but we'll probably get some flashbacks of the last 4 months, so he may not be completely gone.

Amnesia stories suck because the audience already knows what the character doesn't. There's nothing in it for us as they search for their identity. The only way I've ever seen it work is when a show starts out with a character who has amnesia and the audience has to figure out who he is.

Remember though, Peter doesn't know how he got there and neither do we. He was chained naked in a huge container. We as the audience will have to wait with Peter to figure out how he got there. So there is still mystery...

How can you even compare the two? Sinclair knew who he was and lived a normal life aside from having no memory of a single event. Peter doesn't even remember who he is.

Remember though, Peter doesn't know how he got there and neither do we. He was chained naked in a huge container. We as the audience will have to wait with Peter to figure out how he got there. So there is still mystery...

Exactly, A_Ranger.

There are things that Peter doesn't know that we the audience don't know yet either. Where did he get the ability bolt electricity, for example. But most importantly, we don't know why he doesn't know, and if Babylon 5 taught us anything it's that it's in the why that a good story exists.

LondosHair said:
Yes, actually, like in the case of Byron and his people. I still don't see why you're comparing two completely different shows.

I thought the addition of yet another character threw off the rest of the episode. It's much easier to add new characters in the middle of a season than at the beginning.

So, I can't compare two completely different shows, yet you can compare Peter's amnesia story to all the other amnesia stories that you've encountered that you've disliked? I compare the two to try to remind people that we don't have the whole picture yet, and that they've encountered stories they love (Babylon 5) that have the done the same thing they're criticizing Heroes for doing. If they dislike B5 for doing the same thing, then fine.

As for new cast in this episode of Heroes, seriously, how many characters were introduced that look like they'll be approaching anything resembling regular status? Being generous, maybe three? This show has always been about the ensemble, and they've never all been in an episode together. Babylon 5 was no different. We'd get new characters introduced each season as part of the main cast, not counting any reoccurring characters, but they'd all poke their heads in different episodes, not all at once.

strawsji7.jpg

More straws for you to grasp at, in case you run out.

It's called difference of opinion. People are allowed to have them, and it's not something to get so flustered about.

Have a super day!

Kenzei seems to be just a prop to propel Hiro further along the road to becoming "Future Hiro". I don't see Hiro being in the past for then half a season, so, he likely won't be around for too long.

The guy that approached Mohinder, is simply bringing him back into the company. Linderman and Eric Roberts character didn't last long last season, and Dr. B and Mohinder intend to bring the Company down once and for all. If he's not a one shot, he probably won't be seeing alot of screen time.

The "Wonder Twins" do seem to be new regulars.

Flying Boy seems to be there to become Claire's boyfriend, so, he'll likely be a regular

Spoiler for previews:
Anyone notice Sylar sitting at the pool with that woman? I thought for sure Sylar was dragged off by the "Big Bad" that scares Molly, but, I think she's referred to that big bad as "He". Any ideas on what this scene in the previews means (Other than Sylar is returning)

I think the premiere was a pretty good start. LOST keeps you in suspense and reveals things a bit at a time, often times you don't even know something was revealed until you look back on it, after the next piece of the puzzle is inserted. Heroes has a habit of showing you the future first, so that when the answers are revealed, they are very easy to identify and appreciate. This is one difference between the format of the two shows. Showing us 4 months later, now gives them the groundwork to reveal those 4 months.

I wonder if they always intended Kenzei to be a Brit in disguise? I still swear, George Takei's eyes in the sword last season are the eyes we saw on the person we thought was Kenzei in the Finale.

I liked it.

Absolutly no idea idea where this will go and loving it.

Garibadi had amnesia twice during B5 as I remember it.

I can only hope it is dealt with as well here as it was there :cool:

As for who is dead,a time travelling son could easily fix that :p

Holy crap, I need to finish Season 1, quick. This show is awesome...

Woah! You're not on the bandwagon yet? Come on DL, you're better than that!:D

Are you watching it on the BBC? I wonder if the BBC are going to go straight into Season 2, once Season 1 finishes.Given their track record, I doubt it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back