• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

what G'Kar said in promo

Sisko

what G\'Kar said in promo

anyone have an idea what G'Kar said in scifi's promo, could not understand all?
crazy.gif

Re: what G\'Kar said in promo

Should be something like this:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>We received this recording...
/---/
They found a city... billions of years old.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say."

smile.gif
Thanks kribu, if it was real important, i'm sure there would be a lot of discussion.

------------------

sisko, there HAS BEEN. You just missed the threads.

------------------
"Why not? Only 1 Human captain has ever survived battle with the Minbari fleet. He is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> if it was real important, i'm sure there would be a lot of discussion.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it wasn't Important, JMS wouldn't have put it in the movie. The trouble is that figuring out JMS is a lot like trying to read a Vorlon's mind. You usually end up even more confused than before you started.
shocked.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sisko:
anyone have an idea what G'Kar said in scifi's promo, could not understand all?
crazy.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

shok na well this is what Gus Lynch says it is. Gus is the guy who is playing the Drazi Ranger in B5LR.

There is another thread discussing this word here is link.

http://www.b5lr.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000171.html

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

[This message has been edited by Deviot (edited June 19, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>shok na well this is what Gus Lynch says it is. Gus is the guy who is playing the Drazi Ranger in B5LR.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Shok'na" is what Dulann says in the promo - not what G'Kar says. G'Kar's line is quoted correctly above.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

So, the shortened word was NOT an editing mistake? Is it slang then?

------------------
"Why not? Only 1 Human captain has ever survived battle with the Minbari fleet. He is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>So, the shortened word was NOT an editing mistake? Is it slang then?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not a sound glitch in the RealPlayer file, or a skip in the original film. I've gone through the sequence a number of times and there is no gap in the soundtrack. And Gus Lynch has confirmed that what it sounds like on the original film clip is "shok'na" But he also mentioned that the sound hadn't really been cleaned up and no looping work had been done on any of the scenes. So it could be that the actor playing Dulann made a mistake, or didn't speak the word clearly enough for the microphones to pick up the whole thing. Lynch did not specifically say that it was just "shok'na" in the script.

So the jury is still out on whether it is a shortened form or should be "Anlashok'na"

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

The mystery of the word goes on. Has anyone asked JMS about it? I don't think I know how to post to the moderated newsgroup, or I would ask.

------------------

My guess is "shok'Na" refers to the top tier of the Rangers hierarchy.
And "Anlashok'Na" means the top of the top, ie, Ranger One.

------------------
Be seeing you

Back