• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Jeremiah on UKTV

We're done - they did show both parts of the finale last night as promised. ;)

Ominously, however, there was no "look out for a new series of Jeremiah next XXXXX" voiceover at the end credits of part 2, which they generally do if they're going to pick up the next season of a show - I guess this just confirms what folks have been hearing in email. :(

-------------------------------------------
"Well - we're boned." - Bender B. Rodrigues
-------------------------------------------

Ominously, however, there was no "look out for a new series of Jeremiah next XXXXX" voiceover at the end credits of part 2, which they generally do if they're going to pick up the next season of a show

On the other hand, I've never heard Sky Dumb do any voiceovers on the credits of any of their late night (early morning) shows.

Would they announce showing the next season of a series that hasn't even aired here in the States yet? I can see why they would want to wait and see when it airs and if it actually does air since I figure in their eyes it isn't a sure thing. It is just speculation on my part but it still sucks. :)

I am glad you guys got to see the whole season. What did you think?

I am glad you guys got to see the whole season. What did you think?

Here is my quick take on this.

Overall, I thought it kicked ass - but much like B5 it was at its most interesting when moving the main story arc forward and frankly I could take or leave most of the standalone stories - particularly Sam Egan's, which just didn't seem to have quite the intensity of JMS' stories.

Of course there is always a chance that I am biased, because I haven't seen much JMS stuff I didn't like.

I thought the main story arcs got a bit bogged down in mid-season and things kind of stood still longer than I would have liked, but the last half dozen really hit the spot.

The Mrs and I just watched the two part season finale last night and we are now really stoked for S2.

I would stop short of agreeing with JMS' claim that it is the best thing he has written for television, but it is certainly up there with the best of B5 - it was another of those JMS experiences that leave you wondering just how so much happened in such a believable fashion in just 80 minutes of television - and how the clues laid through the previous episodes suddenly make so much more sense.

Talk about turning the story on its head :cool:

Some unexpected deaths (including one that seriously depressed the wife), character conflict, revelations, "reunions", big battles and claims of "illegal assembles" (so someone thinks they have set the laws).

More please ...

:)

I felt much the same after watching the first season. :) How would you compare it to B5's first season? I have a hard time doing so since I really started getting into B5 at the end S1/beginning of S2. B5's S1 has much more impact the second time around as does Jeremiah's but I am leaning toward Jeremiah having the better S1. Again, that could just be because I had never had a virgin viewing of B5's S1. ;)

Unfortunately, I thought the first season could be better if Egan had gotten his act together sooner. I think many of his eps dragged and didn't seem relevant to the arc at the time. Of course on retrospect, they did tie in which is nice but I do wish they had more impact the first time around.

With JMS writing most of S2 it will be fun to see how tightly woven it will be and what surprises he has in store for us. :D

How would you compare it to B5's first season?

Jeremiah's first season had more "arc" episodes then the first season of B5. I think that Jeremiah had a better season finale, if only because of that one sequence where you see all of the supposed "stand alone" episodes have their tie ins. B5 had a lot more characters, so giving back story to each of them took a little longer in B5.

Overall they both were very similar. They both were to set the scene, to explain the universe, and to foreshadow what will happen later. And they both had one killer season finale!

Back