• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

B5LR on DVD

I have just read over on the Bravo forum (possibly a rumour only) that "To Live and die in Starlight" is due to be released on DVD in June.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bravo.co.uk/ubb2/Forum1/HTML/000410-2.html>Here's the link</a>.

Check out the sixth post down, by a poster called knightrider_ni

Does anyone have any more information on this???

Here's hoping

/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

I bet it's only for Region 2, if it's true at all. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

I'm dubious about this claim, to say the least. If they're releasing it next month in the U.K. then it has to be available for dealers to order - should have been available since April at least. So the specs would almost certainly have leaked from the dealer solicitation a month ago, and the entertainment media should have received a press release by now. We're well into May. WHV needs to know how many discs to produce, and they can only know this based on dealer orders. They also need to create some interest in order to encourage dealer orders. And, last but not least, they need time to physically produce whatever number of discs they're going to turn out. Yet all we have at this point is a single bulletin board rumor. No news stories in the UK DVD press, no updates to the newsgroup. (If this were official to the point where dealers were ordering, JMS should be able to talk about it - he hasn't.)

Finally, not a single U.K. DVD dealer is accepting pre-orders on this alleged disc. Amazon.co.uk was taking pre-orders for The Gathering and In the Beginning in January. Don't you think they'd be booking orders now for a new B5 to be released in June?

I just don't think the timing on this works. And if the release date is bogus, I don't see any reason to believe the rest of the rumor.

Regards,

Joe

I suspect that this is a misunderstanding about the repeat of B5LR in the USA.

The other thing that may be going on is that B5LR is not coming out on DVD in June but going IN. That is that they may be converting the movie to DVD format. Any release would be several months away. In the UK "A Call to Arms" came out on VHS before it was shown on TV.

This is probably nothing going on.

All of the movies were released on VHS at least a couple of years before they appeared on TV over here. I hope that they might put some extra features if they do release Rangers as a DVD, though I'm not going to hold my breath (I might go all blue and collapse).

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Doctor Gonzo:
<font color=yellow>Pssst, the sky is falling, purple monkey, dishwasher.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
The white mouse will not explode.

Sol comes up to the podium and says: "Sol comes up to the podium and says: "Sol comes up to the podium and says: "Sol comes up to the podium and says: "Sol comes up to the podium and says: "Sol comes up to the podium and says: "Sol comes up to the podium and says: You guys need a life.""""""

Lennier comes up to the podium and says: "Sol recursively needs a life."

Ahh, but mine was cooler. It was like a mirror within a mirror thing... Very trippy /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Arrghman:
<font color=yellow>too fully understand the definition of recursion, you must first understand the definition of recursion.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Well, you can say that again!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>I'm reporting you both to the Department of Redundancy Department.<hr></blockquote>

Beat me to it! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

(I used to have a professional-looking sign on my college dorm room door that said that.)

Regards,

Joe

If they don't release it on DVD. Revenge them and get it on DivX.

The version I obtained had DVD-rip in the filename. I found this infintely stupid since the thing hasn't been put on DVD to begin with. But eh? Whatcha gonna do? People want more traffic, so they put fancy things in filenames.

Hehe, mine too ... or at least until we download it to the computer. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back