• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Another TV show to make it onto the big screen?

I see from the latest issue of SF Weekly that they are planning a possible series of films based on the TV version of Higlander, with Adrian Paul reprising his role as Duncan McLeod.

I loved the original Highlander Movie. The general consensus around people I know, is that H2 was a reasonably good film in it's own right but an unnecessary sequel in highlander terms. H3 is awful... H4 don't even go there.

I enjoyed the series as a separate entity to the original film.

When enough time has passed, it would be a good time to possibly do a remake of the ORIGINAL concept... except, not have it set in present day... just have a series of films set in different periods in history.

1st film covers McLeod's discovery of his true nature and his mentoring under Ramirez.

2nd film introduce the Watchers in the background dealing with MacLeod as he journeys to the new world withe either the conquistadors or the pilgrim fathers.

3rd film could deal more exclusively with the French Revolution (I liked the idea that mundane ere trying to wipe out the immortals, and all the issues surrounding it).

4th film could cover WWII as McLeod discovers that certain immortals have gained influence within the Nazi regime and are using their unfair advantages and experience to further their own agenda.

The final 5th film could covert the events of the final showdown in the US.

I think it would be good that way as it would leave time for flashbacks relevant to the supporting cast as well. you would learn a lot about them.

Re: Another TV show to make it onto the big screen

Was I the only one who thought this was an odd topic?

"TV Show making it onto the big screen"

Highlander STARTED as a movie franchise. It was a movie that was made into a TV Show.

Thats like saying if they made a Stargate SG-1 movie, that it would be a TV Series made into a movie, when the movie Stargate came first...

Yeah but technically it would be true. If they use Duncan McLeod, then it would be based on the TV show (even if that TV show was based on a movie). If they use Conner, it would be another sequel. :)

Meh, all this Highlander stuff is stupid. At the end of the first movie there was one left. Anything after that makes no sense and is stupid.

Was I the only one who thought this was an odd topic?

"TV Show making it onto the big screen"

Highlander STARTED as a movie franchise. It was a movie that was made into a TV Show.

Thats like saying if they made a Stargate SG-1 movie, that it would be a TV Series made into a movie, when the movie Stargate came first...

I agree, but I am certain it's not the first time it has happened. I can't remember the prime example that is swimming somewhere in my brain.... but I guess star Trek must qualify on some level. Starts of as TV series, becomes film... in turn spins off a TV series that again become films.

I enjoyed the first movie.

On the very few times I caught the tv show it was passable cheese but ripe for a movie, no.

If they use Duncan McLeod, then it would be based on the TV show (even if that TV show was based on a movie).
Duncan MacLeod was in the last movie, Highlander Endgame. That's why the Highlander tv series ended, Adrian Paul didn't want to or couldn't film both at the same time.

Back