• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

"Rangers" on DVD at last?

Re: \"Rangers\" on DVD at last?

Although interestingly enough Play247 lists it as 'The Legend of the Ranger'.

Perhaps this is actually a Lord of the Rings spin-off featuring Aragorn's years in exile.

:D

Old News for me I had heard it was going to be released a while ago .

Well, isn't that special. :) You might have mentioned something to the rest of us. :D

Any word on the U.S. release date?

Regards,

Joe

Well, isn't that special. You might have mentioned something to the rest of us.

Any word on the U.S. release date?

Sorry I assumed everyone knew around here I heard about on a star trek board I think that it was going to be released in the UK in October but no US .If I here anything ahead of anyone else this time .I will sound the alarm .For those that wish to buy.

Didn't know about this one. Anyone seen it?
Any good?

We've mostly all seen it. It's eh...
The official line is that it had "a lot of potential".
Some people liked it better on subsequent viewings, I actually liked it less (sort of like Season 5).

It suffered from inexperienced actors (although some were quite good - particularly Dylan Neal as Captain Martell and Alex Zahara as First Officer Dulann), a subpar (for JMS) script (including the hideously overused line "WE LIVE FOR THE ONE, WE DIE FOR THE ONE), and IMHO, inferior special effects from Gadjecki FX, the company that does a pretty solid job on the incarnations of Stargate. And if you hear anyone mention the Weapons Pod, RUN!

Still, I would've watched it. It was full of potential. :D

Re: Bay13 - Synopsis of Rangers pilot *SPOILERS

Thanks.
The thought of Bab5 without the regular cast.......well....I'm sure you've had that conversation.
Don't think I'll shell out for the dvd though. ;D

Thanks.
The thought of Bab5 without the regular cast.......well....I'm sure you've had that conversation.
Don't think I'll shell out for the dvd though. ;D

Well, it was a Pilot, and Pilots for long Arcs, especially JMS' have a tendancy to not be real exciting because they are setup pieces, and the good stuff is in the building and reveals of Season 1 and beyond. Having said that, the weaknesses, IMHO, were the silly defense system and the "We live for the One..." overusage. Other than that, I thought it was pretty solid, and I am one who has liked it more on repeated viewings than on the initial viewing.

The Gathering, for instance, is much better when you look back on it, with knowledge of the series, than it was upon first viewing, with no knowledge of the series.

The Gathering, for instance, is much better when you look back on it, with knowledge of the series, than it was upon first viewing, with no knowledge of the series.

Of course, if we look back on it, most of us are looking back on the Special Edition, which IS better ;)

LOL B5O. legitimate point, but, even the "original" benefits from being able to see the setup in the Pilot

B5_Obsessed, the link to the synopsis did not work for me.

Just got an e-mail from Amazon.co.uk which had B5:LOTR in the list of upcoming releases. However, it looks like we now have cover art...

B000AAVE1E.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I think it's pretty awful, personally. Thoughts?

I like the font of the title, but the group photo looks a wee bit cheesy on toast.

I like the font of the title, but the group photo looks a wee bit cheesy on toast.

It actually kind of reminds me of the "New Generation" shot in Babylon 5 as Delenn and Sheridan are leaving for Minbar, so had Rangers succeeded it would be very poetic.

The group photo looks vertically squashed.

Back