• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Do these people not have lives?

I'm work in downtown Indy now and for the past few days I've seen stormtroopers, Jedi, Darth Vaders, Chewbaccas, and Imperial officers (just to name a few) walking around all over the place. On Thursday, I got off work at 11am and saw two stormtroopers and a Jedi walking down the street. At first I figured they were just going to be standing in line for Episode III, but I found out later that night that the Star Wars convention has been going on. Supposedly Lucas is here too. I feel sorry for those people living downtown.

You just have to find the right company. Some gaming businesses would get a kick out of it (although it would be no replacement for actual skills); pick the right software startup and you're in.

I think he was joking, and also doing it for charity. Little harsh there.

As for queing seven weeks for a movie, it's not harming anyone, why all the aggression from some quarters?
From what I can gather, it just turns into one seven week con for some fans.

I've always thought that one set of sci-fi fans calling the other sad for some reason is a little ironic.

If this was a B5 movie, i'm sure some elements from this site would have been in a line.

Darth, I think it's the pure and simple fact of having so little in your life, that you are able to put it on hold for 7 weeks (No kids, no animals, no mate, no job, etc). And what about showering and clean clothes? I suppose food and restrooms wouldn't be a problem, as you could have someone save your place in line, and you probably are with a group of folks to do something like this, or get to know the ones in line next to you pretty well, by the time it's over

Never underestimate a good remake and recast. :rolleyes:

Sindatur: looking at the pic, those kids seem like 18 or 19 year olds. Of course they wouldn't have those things. Yeah it seems sad but for all we know they are having the time of their life with other fans.

Not have a job (or school) at 18 or 19? Wow, lucky stiffs. I've been working almost non-stop since I was 12 years old.

Sindatur: looking at the pic, those kids seem like 18 or 19 year olds. Of course they wouldn't have those things. Yeah it seems sad but for all we know they are having the time of their life with other fans.

At 18 they should be revising for their exams during the summer term.

I smell a rat. Have they been paid to queue in the evenings?

I sell a rat. Have they been paid to queue in the evenings?

Hey everyone, Andrew's got a rat for sale. {Sorry Andrew, I couldn't resist the temptation}

You may have a point there, It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if people were paid to stand in line (Pay off people in one line, and folks will be lining up everywhere on their own, simply due to the publicity of the one line)

I probably shouldn't ask this in a thread about dorkdom but does anyone have any SW themed sites they would recommend. I wanted to look at a couple of things after seeing the trailer but theforce.net seems to be made of kool-aid drinkers. I actually saw something on the front page about the misunderstood Jar Jar. Yeesh.

I think he was joking, and also doing it for charity. Little harsh there.

As for queing seven weeks for a movie, it's not harming anyone, why all the aggression from some quarters?
From what I can gather, it just turns into one seven week con for some fans.

I've always thought that one set of sci-fi fans calling the other sad for some reason is a little ironic.

I wonder who supports these freeloaders. I certainly hope it isn't my tax dollars.

If this was a B5 movie, i'm sure some elements from this site would have been in a line.

There you are simply, flatly, wrong. I would NEVER have enough time off of work to do this. And, quite frankly, I'd never want to. No, I'd have the damend brains to see the movie a few stupid days/weeks later.

:rolleyes:

7 weeks is almost half a semester, you know. What a pitiful waste. I bet their mums and dads are really proud of what they are doing with their lives. :rolleyes:

I would for sure! I'd quit my job, drop my cat off at the pound, and get my old N'Grath costume out of my closet and head straight down to the theater. I'm not giving my hopes up.

I'm going as the Zarg. That should insure me first place in line.

:LOL:

Point taken. but it's their lives to waste I guess. I've had the occasional drop-out period in life, but am sure I did better things with in than waiting outside a cinema...

I would go as a Vorlon, and make cryptic comments. (Actually it's possible my costume would consist entirely of cryptic comments.)

Ah, poor kitty. :(

I guess the "drop out period in life" actually makes sense to me, though. Either that or they are doing a lot of work online via some kind of wireless network.

Ah, well. As has been said: they are not getting into trouble, so let 'em keep... standing in line.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back