• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

AICN's Moriarty Still Loving Season 3

AICN\'s Moriarty Still Loving Season 3

Following up on that post awhile back referring to the column "Moriarty's DVD Shelf".

I reached the switch from disc four to disc five of the BABYLON 5 Season Three box set, and I reached the two-part episode, "War Without End". If you're familiar with the show, then you can probably understand how completely and utterly bitchslapped I felt by the episodes. Those two hours paid off all the time I've put into watching so far. Dear God... what a wild way to turn a series inside out. The moment between Londo and G'kar... you know the one I mean... paid off about ten different things at once in a magnificent mindf***. Wow. Seriously. Wow.

Well, duh. We coulda toldja that :p

Re: AICN\'s Moriarty Still Loving Season 3

He likes it! Hey, Mikey!

I also finally finished up POINT OF NO RETURN, the BABYLON 5 Season Three box set. What a brutal, evil cliffhanger. J. Michael Straczynski’s goal to create a five-season novel seemed to being paying off beautifully at this point in the show’s run, and the most remarkable thing about this mid-point is that he wrote every single episode for the season, something I can’t recall ever seeing anyone else do on a one-hour dramatic series. I can understand why he felt like he had to micromanage this particular year of the series, since so many of the show’s important storylines, set in motion over the 44 hours prior, finally pay off here in spectacular fashion. It’s been a delight to discover the show this way, and out of all the TV series so far on DVD, this one has most proven to me the value of doing these season-by-season collections for people who have never seen a show before.

Overall, nice impressions. Who cares about Herc anyway? Let him watch Gilmore Girls.

Back