• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Slight Revisions to S2 Cover Art

D

**DONOTDELETE**

There is a new photo of the S2 cover art over at The Digital Bits (www.thedigitalbits.com/#3colorbox). The changes are as follows:

Susan and Talia have switched places. Susan is now in front. (as she should be) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
The color of Sheridan's lips has been lightened a bit, improving the likeness somewhat.
The yellow lettering at the top and bottom is now a lighter shade of yellow and somewhat harder to make out.
Delenn's head-bone is still missing (at least, I sure as hell don't see it.) The image still resembles Mira sans makeup more than S2 Delenn.

It does look a bunch better - I also thought people were overreacting a bit to a "small compressed web graphic" version of the cover rather than a full sized, 600 dpi version!

Its always hard to tell on that scale, especially with the amount of JPEG compression many of these sites use to cut down bandwidth costs - they can really affect the quality of the photo online.

-Tim

Delenn's head-bone is still missing (at least, I sure as hell don't see it.) The image still resembles Mira sans makeup more than S2 Delenn.

The ultimate test being - Does she have eyebrows?

Mira has eyebrows, Delenn does not.
/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

yay, a larger version

30396.jpg

Well.. Sheridan really looks better on this one.. but he reminds me somewhat of Bester.. Don't know why.. It's maybe the face or the lightening..

It may be improved by a very tiny bit but it's still dead ugly. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

No matter the size of the image, I'm afraid. It still has the amateurish look.

And Delenn certainly seems to have eyebrows and no hairbone on that pic, just a weird-looking hairdo - maybe that explains why there are no other aliens on the cover, they hired a new artist who could only draw humans (and not too well either). /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I am not so skeptic. This new cover is far better than previous one.

And Delenn definitely has hairbone. I can see it. At least I hope it is /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My god thequiff! the quiff!

Think of the children, wont somebody please think of the children!
*Breaks down in a fit of manic crying and screaming*

The "spine" doesn't look that bad. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif And since it's the spine I'll mostly be seeing, in the shelf, then it doesn't really matter what the front looks like. I can just close my eyes when taking it off the shelf, I guess. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What's interesting to me, anyway, is that the other people on the cover look pretty much okay, i.e. the likeness is good... it's just Sheridan that looks really off. The hair is the worst part indeed.

Sheridan always looked in S2 this strange. Dont blame cover art makers, blame Bruce /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This cover is a bit better than the last one. Sheridan stills looks a bit off and Delenn looks like she has eyebrows and no headbone.

Hey, I have nothing against Bruce. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Just Sheridan!

And while I remember him looking too boyish and grinning way too much in S2, I don't think he looked quite that... that way. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I'm not the only one who thinks Sheridan looked really boyish! But for me, he looked boyish up until he got the beard.

He's looked "boyish" his entire career.

Oh my god...

He's... he's...

Dorian Gray! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Actually he looked boyish even with the beard. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Apart from SiL, perhaps. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Which is why I said "too boyish" in S2. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As for the Dorian Gray thing... hm, could Sheridan have kept a painting of himself in his room? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I wonder if Delenn knew about it! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

When Sheridan first appeared in season 2 he had a really strange haircut. As for the cover pic, it's not too bad but I wonder why they didn't include Franklin rather than Talia.

I never noticed Sheridan had a strange haircut. I'll check it out when I get my S2 DVD's. I can't wait!

Back