• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Newbie just starting S2 - Non-Spoilers ONLY!

Re: Newbie just starting S3 - Non-Spoilers ONLY!

:D :D This is one of my all-time favorite episodes, with "chilling" being an excellent way to describe it! :D It gives me goosebumps every time I watch it. The writing is incredible and the perfomances just outstanding! As you said, it is "spot on"!!! ;) :D

It's crazy how so many of us get goosbumps from this one.

I am still reeling from that entire season. I am hoping that Season 4 will be at least as good.

Like....what happened to my Garibaldi????? :::::sob::::: :confused: :confused:

Where is Sheridan? :confused: :confused:

Maybe they're both out :beer:

I am still reeling from that entire season. I am hoping that Season 4 will be at least as good.

Hmmm. Whatever happened to Mr Garibaldi? :rolleyes:

Hmmm. Whatever happened to Mr Garibaldi? :rolleyes:

OK...I know they're not gone...not with two seasons left. However, something bad has happened to both. Garibaldi, I think, has been absorbed into one of those shadow ships. It just looked like that to me.

And Sheridan? He fell from a very high place, but we didn't see him land anywhere. That's even MORE mysterious.

what happened to my Garibaldi?????

:D :D :p

Where is Sheridan?

:D :D ........... :LOL:

I don't mean to giggle, :D but it's just tooooo cute! I know exactly how you feel!

Don't worry about season 4, :D you're going to LOVE it!! It's always been a real toss-up for me which of those two seasons is my favorite. :D May you have an easier time with that question than I have, ilikemike !

Boy...that Melissa Gilbert...what a bitcherina she played!!!

I'm just glad Morden is gone.

Do you have season four on DVD ready for you to continue on with your viewing, ilikemike? I think you'll enjoy the season premier whenver you're able to get around to it. I say, go for it as soon as you can. [maniacal giggle]

I also have the movie "The Beginning." Is this the time to watch it, or should I wait some more?

I also have the movie "The Beginning." Is this the time to watch it, or should I wait some more?

Well if you do not want anything revealed before seeing them in season 4, you may want to wait until after the 9th episode. I think that is correct but there are others here who can bonk me on the head if I am off.

Yeah, the way you're watching the series you should definitely hold off on In the Beginning until after the ninth episode of season four which I can tell you (without giving anything away) is called "Atonement".

By the way, if you want to keep to strict story chronolgy you should watch the TV movie Thirdspace right before "Atonement", after episode 8, "The Illusion of Truth". It is the only one of the TV movies that takes place within the five years of the main story arc, and that's where it fits in. (The Gathering takes place in 2257, River of Souls in mid-2263 and A Call to Arms in late 2266.)

Regards,

Joe

You could watch "Thirdspace," it's true, but it's only worth it for the elevator scene. The movies are not automatically imbued with quality, although "In the Beginning" is very, very good.

I think it would be better if we let ilikemike make up her own mind about whether she likes something...

Jan

On the other hand, I had heard about how bad thirdspace was so often before I ever saw it, that when I finally did see it, I actually managed to enjoy myself. It isn't exactly a high point in JMS's writing, but I was entertained for the 90 minutes it lasted, in part because of my really low expectations. :p

I personally wouldn't watch ItB until after having finished with season 4 entirely. Mostly because it breaks up the flow of the season if you insert it after Atonement. I watched all the movies in between seasons, or after the entire series.

I'd watch in the Beginning after four, and River of Souls and Call to Arms after finishing with season 5. It's where they sit in the most comfortable way to me, even though you can watch them earlier without spoiling anything. Thirdspace I suppose can be inserted into season 4 pretty comfortably, since, as Joe said, it is part of the main timeline, or be watched after season 4. But the others I prefer to watch on the season breaks.

Re: Newbie just starting S4- Non-Spoilers ONLY!

I've got a rather dumb question: I noticed that a fellow named Adam Nimoy directed "Z'ha'dum." This wouldn't be Leonard's son or anything, would it?

Just curious.

I watched the first two episodes of Season 4...I am dumbfounded as to HOW JMS can write such really complex stuff...and make it work!!!

Caught between 'tick' and 'tock'? That's amazing!

I am deeply saddened that G'Kar is now in prison on Centauri Prime. This does NOT look good for him. And all he wanted to do was find his non-Narn friend, Garibaldi. Why, oh why did he NOT let Marcus stay with him? :::: sob ::::

...and poor Londo! I feel even sorrier for him. That stupid $&^$&%&% Morden is still alive...although a 'shadow' of himself, he's still dangerous.

Then there's Garibaldi...imprisoned, but by whom? He could lose his mind in a place like that!

Delenn has gone through her own personal crisis. Thankfully, the holo of Sheridan got her out of it and involved in a virtual suicide mission with the rangers.

It's as if each character is going through a personal crisis with few exceptions. Amazing!

Adam Nimoy is Leonard Nimoy's son. Adam Nimoy also directed the B5 episode "Passing Through Gethsemane."

Wow, I never knew that before. :D

"Passing Through Gethsemane" didn't even get mentioned. And you've passed it already, ilikemike.

It's an episode most either love or hate. It's my favorite episode of the series. :cool:

What were your thoughts?

Latest posts

Members online

Back