• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Newbie just starting S2 - Non-Spoilers ONLY!

Re: Newbie just starting S3 - Non-Spoilers ONLY!

There are so many reasons to love Vir! He has such a big heart! :D Our little "Flounder" is all grown up!

These characters, because they are both so well written and so well portrayed, sweep you up and take you on this journey with them. If they feel pain, I feel pain. When they hold their breath, I hold mine. It just amazes me how they've captivated me, and it doesn't matter how many times I've seen it, :cool: the feeling is always the same!

Boxie...you and I think alike. I couldn't agree more with your assessment of the characters. Each one has his or her own special personality that you're rooting for. I find myself even rooting for Londo...hoping he comes to his senses, even though I think he's gone too far...and he knows it but won't ever be able to feel free again. I feel sorry for him.

I just watched "A Late Delivery From Avalon." What a fun episode...sort of a breather. I liked Michael York as "Arthur." He's good to watch any time.

Also loved Garibaldi's fight with the post office...typical Michael. I LOVE that guy!!!

Yeah, Michael York does make a good Arthur. :D

And G'Kar makes a good Red Knight. ;)

Yes!!!! I LOVED Sir G'Kar! He's funny when he's bombed out of his gourd.

THAT was singularly hilarious!!! Yes, they did at that!!!

The next is another Bester episode: I'll watch that one tomorrow night. I like him...he is SO diabolical.

Ship of Tears is a class episode ... one of the UK papers (probably the Daily Express since I read it at my parents house) described it as 'eerie' at the time.

Sad that I remember it, but apart from the S4 opener, I don't recall any other instances of B5 being the "Today's Choice" in any of the papers I read.

:D I LOVED Ship of Tears! So will you, ilikemike!! It's so hard not to speak "forward", but I'll stop on that note until you've seen it!

I also liked the episode you just watched...and for all the reasons mentioned. It was pretty :cool: cool!

I also liked the episode you just watched...and for all the reasons mentioned. It was pretty :cool: cool!

Plus it is a Marcus episode. ;)

I do like his bit at the beginning about life not being fair.

What a powerful episode!!!! Imagine...the shadows are afraid of telepaths, so they use teeps to become part of their ships [who are those strange aliens inserting that stuff in her brain?]. Bester in love? It seemed impossible; but Koenig does such a great job, I believe it.

G'Kar's scene with Delenn admitting that the Gray Council had to keep silent, saving billions but sacrificing millions. It all goes back to that visit he had from his father, and G'Lan, and from the ancient one, doesn't it?

Then...Garibaldi finding the reference to "mind-walkers" in the G'Kuan(sp?) and finding that these were used a thousand years ago. Wow!!!

What a jam-packed episode. I LOVED it!!! I even felt compassion for Bester...of all people.

[who are those strange aliens inserting that stuff in her brain?].

One of the races that Delenn later refers to as "dark servants", alies of the Shadows that do their bidding and help spread the Shadows' idea of choas. ;)

Thank you. Now I know.

I went on to watch "Interludes and Examination" and am STILL in shock!!! Kosh is DEAD!!!! OMG!!! I didn't think that could happen.

And poor Londo! The only love of his life is killed...by poisoning. It had to be the shadows...Morden. Now Morden has him in his clutches once again.

And Franklin! Resigning! I hope he comes back.

This was once of the saddest episodes I have ever seen in my life!!!!

KOSH!!!! OMG!!!!

It was a great, and powerful, episode.

Indeed, and it has one of the most calm- and uneventful-sounding episode names of the entire show. Who would expect a major death during an interlude?

I&E has always been one of my fave episodes - it just pushed all the right buttons for me, and once again confirmed that no one in this show was safe.

Back