• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Is it Coming here?

Attraidies

It's Wonderful to hear that all the rumors I've been hearing are true we are going to get a new Bab5 show. well at least I hope we are living in the UK we don't get to see everything we hear about or if we do it's hidden somewhere between 02:30 and 0:430Hrs GMT on Monday not the best time to show such great programmes but that what a video is for right?

P.S. thanks for a great site

------------------

Why r u Brits so worried about getting the new show???..We have a locked vault at our local tv station...and it holds ALL the known sci fi!! Very occasionally they r kind enough to let a program out to feel the sun on its skin..but it doesn't happen often!!!..sooooo..stop whingeing Poms!!!...us Aussies have it tough too!!!

footnote....this is quite addictive Zyp!!

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sharina:
...us Aussies have it tough too!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I will second that we miss to much down here
frown.gif

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Hi Shar! Good to see you again!

Agreed. It's an absolute crime how Australian TV stations can show soaps for nearly 3 hours a day per channel and several fly-on-the-wall survivor-type shows per week, yet the little sci-fi that they do show is usually at midnight on Tuesday and Wednesday nights only!

I only hope the station programmers at channels 9 and 7 are reading this...
smile.gif

------------------
Are those your gunports open out of respect, or are you just happy to see me?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zyphyr:

I only hope the station programmers at channels 9 and 7 are reading this...
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll second that!! Still... we did get In The Beginning a little while ago... and they seemed to be making an effort with Farscape (for a very short while).
Trying to track down the books in Australia... now there's a challenge!!

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Raia:
I
Trying to track down the books in Australia... now there's a challenge!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you have a credit card, try dymocks.com.au. I found quite a few of the B5 books there when I was browsing tonight. Or perhaps you could order through your local Dymocks store.

Hope this helps
smile.gif

------------------
Are those your gunports open out of respect, or are you just happy to see me?

I think we'll get hit here in the UK. Sci Fi Channel UK seems quite loyal to B5, showing a lot of it. And as US Sci Fi Channel are showing B5LR, and are pretty much behind it, it, the chances of it not going to the UK Sci Fi are ultra-slim.

------------------
Star_TrekMISC261580.jpg
<font size="-2" color="silver">"The Babylon Project was our last, best, hope for peace.
A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral
territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter
of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space,
all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of
mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is
the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is
2259: the name of the place is Babylon 5."

Wow, I thought that us Kiwis got it worse than you Aussies when it comes to Science Fiction programs. Example.
Babylon 5 was shown on Saturday afternoons, and the showing varied between 1pm to 3pm (depending on what season was showing). We didn't even (well that I know of) get the movies, and Crusade went for all the 13 epsiodes at 1pm on Saturday afternoon last year.
Farscape was shown on at 7.30pm Friday, a very good time slot, and even before it was shown in America, but we haven't seen the second season yet.
Stargate has just finished it's fourth season here, and it was showing at 7.30pm on Tuesdays.
We used to be able to watch Voyager, but then it was moved to Channel 4, which about 1/4 of the country can't get, only the main areas...

Ok, so maybe we had it good
smile.gif

------------------
"I think you're about to go where everyone has gone before" Susan Ivonova in Voices of Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Crusade went for all the 13 epsiodes at 1pm on Saturday afternoon last year. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, only 13 episodes of Crusade were ever made, so you really can't blame the local programming execs for not running more than that.
smile.gif

And until Sci-Fi picked it up it only ran once here, during the summer of 1999. (And in the idiotic "all black uniform episodes first" sequence that the brain-donors at TNT mandated. *sigh*)

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

Wow...you have it REALLY good! The Australian timeslot for B5/Crusade/Star Trek is 11pm on Tuesdays, and sometimes 11pm on Thursdays. The timeslot for Farcesrape is about 7.30pm on Saturdays, but I wouldn't know, I don't watch it. Stargate is 7.30pm on Thursdays I think.

Your pagh is strong, my child.

Farcesrape?!!? LOL LOL

Oh gawd! that's funny!

Even in the U.S. we have to deal with the dreaded "Let's hold some episodes for sweeps week" syndrome. It's like no one makes enough shows to last the whole 'season' anymore. I hate it when I see an episode and the trailer at the end is like "Tune in next week, for an all new Andromeda (or whatever)" then the next week it's the one from about 5 weeks ago shown over again.
This continues for five more weeks, then, finally, there's a new episode and guess what? It just so happens that this is sweeps week! (The time when the Neilsen rating system here in the USA does their research to determine 'average' *yeah, right!* veiwership for particular shows.

I've missed several good Andromeda eps (like Music of a Distant Drum for example) because of this junk! I hate it, just make some more episodes are show them in the right order and take your lumps during sweeps week.

grrrrr....

------------------
"What do you want?"

HOOHAH! I'm an ambassador!

I can just see it now:
*ISA MEETING*
Sheridan: "Allright, roll call"
Londo: "Londo Mollari, representing the Centauri Republic."
G'Kar: "G'Kar, representing the Narn Regime."
Delenn: "Delenn, representing the Minbari Empire."
Morden: "Mr. Morden representing the Shadow Empire!"
*Slump* Sheridan passes out.

hee hee

------------------
"What do you want?"

Congratulations on becoming the *official* representative of the *associates*, ambassador Morden!
smile.gif

OK, back to serious... about TV stations and B5: luckily the fans of professional diplomats like Londo, Delenn and G'Kar have some diplomatic skills of their own...

If things start going too badly it's always possible to negotiate... even with those Gaim-like sentients called "the networks".
wink.gif

"The enemy is powerful. Prove us you have equal ratings."
-- Representative of the Networks

------------------
Canned flarn is a sacrilege.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zyphyr:
If you have a credit card, try dymocks.com.au
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for your suggestion *g* unfortunately they have the "temporarily out of stock" thing next to them... when I tried ordering the B5 Cookbook that way it took many inquiries to discover that it was out of print and I couldn't actually get it through them at all (same story at Angus and Robertson)... I did find it eventually though, apparently it was lying around at a place that does on line stuff called "Star Trader" (British I think)... about the last copy they had. I still have some options up my sleeve though, thanks anyway for people's offers and help

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Attraidies:
It's Wonderful to hear that all the rumors I've been hearing are true we are going to get a new Bab5 show. well at least I hope we are living in the UK we don't get to see everything we hear about or if we do it's hidden somewhere between 02:30 and 0:430Hrs GMT on Monday not the best time to show such great programmes but that what a video is for right?

P.S. thanks for a great site

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Agree on that gr8 site!
However, Attraidies u don't know what what it's like to not have acces to sci-fi at all! Here, all the way in Switzerland , where the only way of getting B5 is:
1) get a satellite dish & subscribe to Sci- fi channel (kinda expensive)
2)order on-line as someone (sorry forgot the name)has kust mentionned is usually always out of stock on tapes or
3)go to weird teenage comic shop next in middle of "ugly" part red light district to buy tapes.

I unfortunatley opt for the latter
frown.gif
but it's worth it!
laugh.gif

------------------
"I don't watch TV. It's a cultural wasteland full of inappropriate metaphors and an unrealistic portrayal of life created by the liberal media league."
- Guard outside Sheridans cell in "Between Darkness & Light"

Oh...and whilst I'm venting my spleen about tv shows...don't u just love how the tv stations prioritise the telecast of sci fi...like..for instance..if there happens to be any sporting event in the known universe..that will knock the sci fi off the tv...great hey?

My profuse apologies to sports lovers.....but..I'm just damn sick of it!!

Channel 9....may I have the keys to the vault????!!!!!

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back