• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

LOST Casting Spoiler

I think they want you think that, but it's clearly Jack she blames. That was the whole reason for the conversation with Kate, when she says, "I don't blame you." Jack stopped Kate from getting Jin. They even showed it in a flashback. Even though Ben did in fact cause the boat to blow up by killing the crazy merc, Sun has no way of knowing that.

I'll be very surprised if you're right. Jack has been through alot and done a lot for the LOSTies, Ben being Ben is "responsible" for all their problems as far as any of them are concerned

I'll be very surprised if you're right. Jack has been through alot and done a lot for the LOSTies, Ben being Ben is "responsible" for all their problems as far as any of them are concerned

Well if B5_Obsessed is right.. and I'm not sure that he is... I guess the idea is that Sun's thinking isn't rational about who to blame because she's so distraught over Jin and has turned that into a deep motivation for vengeance.

Well if B5_Obsessed is right.. and I'm not sure that he is... I guess the idea is that Sun's thinking isn't rational about who to blame because she's so distraught over Jin and has turned that into a deep motivation for vengeance.

I would look at it from the point of her traditional upbringing. Even though Sun has become uncharacteristically liberated as a result of her ordeal, I think she absolves Kate simply because she is a female and blames Jack in full for ordering Kate to return to the copter. I don't think we've actually seen any post-rescue scenes of her saying a single word to Jack. I think she was initially in shock, but as time went on she probably played the events over in her mind, assigned blame, and decided to take revenge.

As for Ben, (1) she barely even met the guy while she was on the island, I don't even know if they shared any scenes together, and (2) she shouldn't have a clue that Ben is alive or off the island.

In any case, now I have another reason to wait for Wednesday.

Last edited:
(2) she shouldn't have a clue that Ben is alive or off the island.

Remember, she told that Mr Burns type character that she wanted to kill Ben, so clearly she knows something about him.

The rest of what you say is possible, so I'm not arguing, but you're still making a number of assumptions, so we'll just see how it plays out.

After last night's episode I can't say I'm surprised with the character who died. I knew he/she would get it eventually.

Well they weren't trying to make it a surprise- they were signaling it since like 3 episodes ago. Since she's a relatively minor character, her death serves to move the plot along in 3 ways:

1. Helped Locke figure out how to get to his destination
2. Provided a tangible, visible threat to the important characters if the island doesn't stop moving.
3. Effecting Faraday, who may now be the most important character this season, what with his time-traveling death warnings and mystical island mastering mother.

All in all a great episode. Rousseau killing her husband would certainly explain, more than anything, the hard case she'd become later.
John accepting the ridiculous sacrifices he has to make- now including his death!- is getting ridiculous. Probably the most interesting part of the show for me now is to see if his faith will be rewarded. Is he just being used and taken advantage of, or is he some great messianic figure?

John accepting the ridiculous sacrifices he has to make- now including his death!- is getting ridiculous. Probably the most interesting part of the show for me now is to see if his faith will be rewarded. Is he just being used and taken advantage of, or is he some great messianic figure?

Christian offers John the chance to die and John cries tears of joy. Locke is a true fanatic. It was also interesting that Christian couldn't offer assistance. I don't think he exists in the physical sense.

Random Thoughts and Questions:

I like how Jin gives John the ring as proof that he's dead, and Ben uses it as proof he's alive. I also like how he had the ring the whole time but lied just to get a ride to the church. I also also liked his outburst over Sun and Jack's lack of appreciation for him. Is he sincere or is it another act?

So does Walt have to come back (it doesn't look like it), or is he not crucial, and if he's not crucial, why did they abduct him in the first place? Is he the proverbial dead thread?

For that matter, why do they have to come back at all (aside from, "because they were never supposed to leave")? Even Farraday says he has no idea why such a thing would be necessary.

Ol' Smokey. We haven't seen the smokester in quite a while, with the exception of the Danielle time flash. When Ben sent it after Kieme (sp?) did he de-activate it or place it in some kind of sleep mode?

What was the nature of "the sickness" in Danielle's group? Montand seemed to know a lot and was ready to kill her.

Now that Locke has fixed the wheel, will the time flashes stop? If so, WHEN are Sawyer and the crew, and are they stuck there?

Will Locke appear in the desert?

Miles line of the day: Um, he's Korean. I'm from Encino.

Well, I blew my Sun theory, didn't I? I liked mine better, but it seems I missed her flat-out saying she wanted to kill Ben. This still begs the question: How did she know Ben was alive and off the island?

This show is really moving now, like late Season 3 Babylon 5.

Solid episode.

Locke (aka Jeremy Bentham) makes it back before his "death" and before Jack goes to see him in the coffin. That much is obvious. What isn't obvious is how does he die? And he does manage to communicate with Jack and Kate, we know that. In a conversation in one past episode, Jack and Kate talk about him coming to visit them both and they both have some pretty negative feelings toward him.

But, I also know the island healed him (as opposed to making Ben's health worse.) Can it bring folks back from the dead? If they're "faithful enough?" I have a very difficult time believing they would kill off Locke. He's a key/prime character and a fan favorite.

I also don't think Christian Shepard (aka Jacob) is a physical presence. His spirit is somehow there on the island, though. And what's creepy is that I think in the very first episode, Jack sees his "spirit" in the wilderness.

No idea about Walt. At least with the 3 year time change there, they can account for the fact that he looks like an NBA basketball player now and now a "kid" anymore. =D I would love to see him go back and I would hope Abrams doesn't cast this aside frivolously. I've always been really interested in Walt. There is something about him. I recall in season 1 that the show hinted that he had some kind of mental/psychokenetic powers. Whenever he would get "angry" things would just happen.

I think next episode should be a good one.

Walt figured in one of the biggest twists of the Season 1 finale, when it turned out the Others were interested in him rather than Aaron, so it always seemed odd that Ben let Michael and Walt sail off like he did. Of course, Michael got dragged back in when the time was right, so why not Walt? They did bring him back to visit Hurley so at least they're keeping in contact with the the actor, even if it is at extreme arm's length.

Here's a list of some of the plot points still awaiting resolution:

Aaron must never be raised by another (or is that an Other?). Why? It certainly terrified the psychic?

Walt's power? At one point, it seemed he could manifest things out of thin air, such as polar bears (false alarm, that one) and the bird that struck the window in Sydney. Other such manifestations were hinted. What was the Others' interest in Walt? Why is he no longer of interest, or is he?

What is the significance of the numbers? Why do they appear everywhere? Why is Hurley's good fortune cursed?

What is Christian? What is his connection to the Island?

What / who is Jacob? Christian claims it is not him. Is it Locke, trapped in between dimensions and appearing like the Flying Dutchman in his rocking chair?

What is Richard Alpert? When he was disheveled with long hair in the woods upon meeting young Ben, was that a costume?

What is the reason for the numerous connections between the survivors and their overlapping fates?

What is the Island? Pretty big one there. Is it a fabled island that can only be found by those who are not looking for it, referred to by Scottish Monks as "The Lost"? Is it Atlantis? Did it magically *poof* out of the Mediterranean one night and into popular mythology? Is it both, or neither?

Last edited:
Solid episode.

Locke (aka Jeremy Bentham) makes it back before his "death" and before Jack goes to see him in the coffin. That much is obvious. What isn't obvious is how does he die? And he does manage to communicate with Jack and Kate, we know that. In a conversation in one past episode, Jack and Kate talk about him coming to visit them both and they both have some pretty negative feelings toward him.
We know from the Newspaper article that Jeremy Bentham died hanging in his Loft apartment. What we didn't know was if he did it himself, or if someone helped him to do so. Now, it's looking like he did it as a desperate act to convince the others to take him back to the island, or someone wanting to prevent him from convincing them to go back.

We know from the Newspaper article that Jeremy Bentham died hanging in his Loft apartment. What we didn't know was if he did it himself, or if someone helped him to do so. Now, it's looking like he did it as a desperate act to convince the others to take him back to the island, or someone wanting to prevent him from convincing them to go back.

Ohhh, I had forgotten that. Very interesting. My guess is that he was "told" (by Jacob/Christian?) that he had to die in order to return to the island. But, thanks for that reminder. Definitely adds more tension to things, doesn't it.

Ohhh, I had forgotten that. Very interesting. My guess is that he was "told" (by Jacob/Christian?) that he had to die in order to return to the island. But, thanks for that reminder. Definitely adds more tension to things, doesn't it.

Richard told him he would die, and Christian/Jacob confirmed this week that Locke would die when he said, "Well, I guess that's why they call it a sacrifice, John", plus we know Ben is carrying around Locke's body, so, it seems pretty definite John does indeed die. Can the island bring him back to life, or at least make him undead, as Christian seems to be?

Rousseau killing her husband would certainly explain, more than anything, the hard case she'd become later.

Yes. Killing him FIVE TIMES apparently. Was I the only one that thought the hands-down weirdest part of the episode was that Rousseau's husband was lying dead in four identical bodies, and she ended up killing the fifth one as well? And "it" (probably wasn't a "he" anymore) knew that Smokey was a security system for the temple.

THAT was some weird stuff. I partly wonder if they did backpedaling a bit. I remember in Season 1 or 2 that Rousseau said that her crew died of a sickness. But...did they establish when they washed ashore and found Jin that they already had a sickness? Or was the "sickness" the fact that her husband had 5 clones that were "sick" somehow and clearly "changed"? So was Smokey responsible? That part seemed a bit roughly put together and I wasn't quite getting it all.

Yes. Killing him FIVE TIMES apparently. Was I the only one that thought the hands-down weirdest part of the episode was that Rousseau's husband was lying dead in four identical bodies, and she ended up killing the fifth one as well? And "it" (probably wasn't a "he" anymore) knew that Smokey was a security system for the temple.

THAT was some weird stuff. I partly wonder if they did backpedaling a bit. I remember in Season 1 or 2 that Rousseau said that her crew died of a sickness. But...did they establish when they washed ashore and found Jin that they already had a sickness? Or was the "sickness" the fact that her husband had 5 clones that were "sick" somehow and clearly "changed"? So was Smokey responsible? That part seemed a bit roughly put together and I wasn't quite getting it all.

You're saying all the dead bodies were Robert, not the rest of her crew? I gotta check that out, I assumed it was the rest of her crew?

As far as how the series established Robert's death, the various conversations lead us to believe she felt the need to kill them (including Robert) as a mercy-killing (or to protect herself and unborn Alex), because they had the sickness

That's definitely a "whoah" moment for me as well. I hadn't realized that.

Hmmm, duplicates. Would leave a window for Locke to return.

Apparently enough people have said that they were in fact different people, that I must have been mistaken. They way they were all wearing such similar clothes, scruffy beard, dark hair, they really looked the same to me, but apparently they were supposed to be all of the people on her boat who went after Smokey.

Apparently enough people have said that they were in fact different people, that I must have been mistaken. They way they were all wearing such similar clothes, scruffy beard, dark hair, they really looked the same to me, but apparently they were supposed to be all of the people on her boat who went after Smokey.

Oh all those French people just look all the same to you, you racist.

Back