• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Ratings

Taken from another board:

I'm sure you are all wondering how the show is doing as it goes through it's first run on SciFI. Here is a note from JMSs talking about the opening ratings:
The opening episode did a 1.1, and the second night (Needs of Earth) got a .9, both far and above what was anticipated...and significantly, as season openers go, "Racing the Night" (my original pilot/opener) built in audience whereas "War Zone" (the one TNT commissioned) decreased in audience on their respective opening nights.

------------------
"I have no surviving enemies.....At all." Galen.

Anyone know how well Crusade has done in the ratings so far on SFC?

SFC ratings get delayed(the latest ratings I saw there were from like a week before Crusade aired.)

B5 has dropped a little in the ratings now that it's in it's second run on the channel

------------------
"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I'd look up at your lifeless eyes and wave like this. Can you and your associates arrange it for me, Mr. Morden?"
Vir - In The Shadow of Z' HA Dum

I am totally loving this second run of the show.
I also have my fingers crossed in hopes that Sci-Fi will run it in widescreen soon.

(And that's not just b'cause SOMEONE at my house forgot to set the vcr for me when 'Every Night I Dream of Home' aired! I was so p.o.ed! That was my 2nd fav ep)

invalensname

------------------
"There is always hope. Only because its the one thing no one's figured out how to kill, yet."
--Galen, 'Crusade'

jms latest on Crusade ratings:

"Ratings for week 2 are neck and neck with the B5 ratings, and SFC remains quite
pleased."
jms

Does anyone know *exactly* what the ratings are?

------------------
The Corps is Mother, the Corps is Father
Trust the Corps

B5 averages about a .7, with ratings usually going up as the arc heats up. (Right now it's hovering in .8-.9 terrority I believe.)Crusade has been ranging from .8-1.0, which is quite good for the SciFi channel's daily lineup. (And better than TNT did in the first run if you calculate the coverage TNT has on cable versus the number of homes that have SciFi!) In short, Crusade is in the top 10 shows on SF with B5, which bodes well for Rangers.

------------------
WombatControl
http://www.flarn.com/wombatcontrol/
"Who let the spoo out? Sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh..."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WombatControl:
...which bodes well for Rangers.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
And for Crusade (2nd season), we can only hope!

------------------
The Corps is Mother, the Corps is Father
Trust the Corps

There's one important fact about the Crusade ratings that we all need to remember. Unlike Babylon 5, Crusade is on a PRIME TIME slot. It's competition is a LOT more fierce than what Babylon 5 is on against. The fact that it's on par with B5 while being on against tougher competition definitely proves that the show is strong.

And let's not forget, the ratings that Babylon 5 got are what convinced the Sci-Fi Channel to produce Rangers. And if Crusade is getting equal ratings against stiffer competition, well...

------------------

Based on what JMS has been saying, I rather doubt that a second season of Crusade would be a possibility in the near future - at least not until Rangers is finished. As much as we'd all like to see it return, I don't think JMS could handle three concurrent series, a motion picture, and his own line of comics without keeling over, going insane, or both.

------------------
WombatControl
http://www.flarn.com/wombatcontrol/
"Who let the spoo out? Sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh..."

I think if SFC wanted it..they'd get it...but it would probably mean being done without JMS..much.

------------------
"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I'd look up at your lifeless eyes and wave like this. Can you and your associates arrange it for me, Mr. Morden?"
Vir - In The Shadow of Z' HA Dum

If Sci-Fi were to pick Crusade up I think JMS can handle it. He's made a point of saying repeatedly that he's fully capable of handling multiple projects at once. Also he has no intention of writing nearly every single episode of Rangers the way he did with B5. The same with Crusade. When he started it the plan was for him to write much less episodes for it than what he did for B5. So just because he's working on multiple shows doesn't necessarily mean that he'll be taking on more work than he did on B5, as he won't be writing anywhere near the amount of scripts that he wrote for B5 for those series'. He can handle Crusade if they brought it back.

------------------

This is my first posting to a B5 message
board. I have been viewing the JMS B5 saga since it started and I have been very impressed! Great stories and characters that really leave one wanting more. It has been great seeing the whole saga on the SCIFI Channel again uninterruped. Which brings me to CRUSADE. Seeing it again reminds me how good it was and different in tone from B5, which in my opinion was good. Some of the stories really touched on some great themes. Also I recall when it came out the music was knocked by many, but I really feel it worked well with the show. It invoked a certain feeling that seemed to go with the mood of the series.
I have heard the ratings have been good on
the SCIFI channel. My hope is the CRUSADE
adventure can be completed sometime in a mini-series or a series of movies. The approach that B5 has taken in that it is
a form of a broadcast novel is it's great strength.
I hope the ...RANGERS if it becomes a series
continues with this tradition. I salute you
Mr.Straczynski on the talent you surround yourself with the very interesting material you have created.

------------------

Back