B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old December 3rd 18, 16:22   #71
Looney
Ambassador
 
Looney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Middle West U.S.
Posts: 474
Re: Mark Oshiro watches Babylon 5

So much traffic, where has it gone?
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th 18, 23:32   #72
Karajorma
Commander
 
Karajorma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 101
Re: Mark Oshiro watches Babylon 5

The Severed Dreams video was great. So much going on in that episode.
Karajorma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th 18, 22:01   #73
Jan
Psi Cop
 
Jan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,906
Re: Mark Oshiro watches Babylon 5

Love it when he runs across the episodes that pack two hours of story into one! Just read his post on "Ceremonies of Light and Dark", one of my faves.
__________________
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th 18, 15:46   #74
Karajorma
Commander
 
Karajorma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 101
Re: Mark Oshiro watches Babylon 5

Ah, the War Without End videos were a joy to watch. He was so happy to see Sinclair back at first and then just watching him realise how all the stuff he'd seen two seasons back slots into place in this one.
Karajorma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th 18, 11:05   #75
Springer
Ambassador
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 414
Re: Mark Oshiro watches Babylon 5

I'm surprised he, and the people writing in his comments, didn't like Sic Transit Vir more. Though I do wonder how closely they are paying attention to the show sometimes - there seemed some confusion among them over who was really the target of the Narn assassins, and what Vir's plan really was.

Ditto, none of them picked up that we'd already heard about how the Minbari War started, with the misunderstanding about the open gun ports, back in Legacies, yet they're all treating it as though it's new information in A Late Delivery from Avalon.
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th 18, 14:27   #76
Karajorma
Commander
 
Karajorma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 101
Re: Mark Oshiro watches Babylon 5

I'm pretty sure that Legacies only mentions that the war started due to an accident. In fact they even see the Minbari coming in with their gun ports open as a sign of hostility and power up the defence grid (Which makes it seem like Sinclair and Garibaldi might not even know how the war started!).


Then again people having no idea of major events in the B5 universe is fairly commonplace. Despite that footage of how Sheridan took out the BlackStar was supposedly broadcast by "every major planetary network for the next three days." Ivanova didn't know how it was done. And apparently the reappearance of B4 was somehow covered up so well that John "I collect secrets" Sheridan hadn't heard of it despite it meaning that 2000 people suddenly returned from the dead.

Last edited by Karajorma; December 13th 18 at 14:49.
Karajorma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:37   #77
Springer
Ambassador
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 414
Re: Mark Oshiro watches Babylon 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karajorma View Post
I'm pretty sure that Legacies only mentions that the war started due to an accident. In fact they even see the Minbari coming in with their gun ports open as a sign of hostility and power up the defence grid (Which makes it seem like Sinclair and Garibaldi might not even know how the war started!).


Then again people having no idea of major events in the B5 universe is fairly commonplace. Despite that footage of how Sheridan took out the BlackStar was supposedly broadcast by "every major planetary network for the next three days." Ivanova didn't know how it was done. And apparently the reappearance of B4 was somehow covered up so well that John "I collect secrets" Sheridan hadn't heard of it despite it meaning that 2000 people suddenly returned from the dead.
My apologies, you are quite correct. Thinking about it now the cruiser having its gun ports open was a sign of respect for Bremner. Ugh, maybe I'm the one who should pay closer attention! Sincere apologies to all on the MarkWatches website, I must have been having a bad morning or something when I wrote that.

And yeah, regarding people in B5 having no idea of major events: another one would be in The Gathering when Lyta asks why it's called Babylon 5.
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:11   #78
Karajorma
Commander
 
Karajorma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 101
Re: Mark Oshiro watches Babylon 5

Well I have seen the commenters on Mark Watches make some fairly major errors. What's really annoying is when you can't correct them because it's spoilers to explain. I'm literally waiting for War Without End II to play so I can take down some major misconceptions about Delenn.
Karajorma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:41   #79
Springer
Ambassador
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 414
Re: Mark Oshiro watches Babylon 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karajorma View Post
Well I have seen the commenters on Mark Watches make some fairly major errors. What's really annoying is when you can't correct them because it's spoilers to explain. I'm literally waiting for War Without End II to play so I can take down some major misconceptions about Delenn.
I suppose you and I can now watch the show with hindsight, whereas many of the first time watchers are seeing it as we did all those years ago. I mean, when we watched the show back in the 90s, who among us thought the Shadow War would end up being about ideology rather than conquest? So I can forgive them for having false expectations or a certain mindset about a character. Even the person who can't stand Delenn, the reasons she has for not liking Delenn are all issues that were raised in the show by other characters too, that she was being presumptuous believing in prophecy which as you say, when we find out that the prophecy really came from Sinclair/Valen, changes a lot about Delenn's role. And we don't see Delenn's full back story until Atonement and In the Beginning. Though I have to say, I don't think anything will change that particular commentators mind about Delenn now - such a u-turn would mean admitting she was wrong in her criticisms.

What I find really interesting is their reaction. They take things that the characters do very seriously, almost personally, for example Londo. They're much more invested in hating a character for the things they have done than I get the impression many of us 'old timers' ever were. Another example is their dislike of the tone of Sic Transit Vir because it discussed genocide while still having comedic elements. I wonder how they will take to the redemptive part of Londo's arc, or to the fact that Bester does not get his comeuppance in the show.
Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 19:42   #80
Jan
Psi Cop
 
Jan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,906
Re: Mark Oshiro watches Babylon 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
What I find really interesting is their reaction. They take things that the characters do very seriously, almost personally, for example Londo. They're much more invested in hating a character for the things they have done than I get the impression many of us 'old timers' ever were. Another example is their dislike of the tone of Sic Transit Vir because it discussed genocide while still having comedic elements. I wonder how they will take to the redemptive part of Londo's arc, or to the fact that Bester does not get his comeuppance in the show.
It's been a while since the last but I've seen quite a few people over the years who refused to acknowledge Londo's trying for redemption. And they ended up hating Delenn for her part in the E/M war, too.
__________________
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001 - 2018 B5TV.COM