B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.FAQ

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old August 17th 18, 17:01   #51
b5historyman
Ranger
 
b5historyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 65
Re: JMS approved Chronological viewing order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by b5historyman View Post
I do look after myself Unfortunately the medication I have is slowly becoming ineffective
That does ssssssssuuuuuuccccccccccckkkkkkk....
Yup, I was expecting to last another 5 years at least. Just my luck. 🤔
b5historyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th 18, 20:36   #52
KoshFan
Soul Hunter
 
KoshFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The upper left-hand corner of the US
Posts: 10,644
Re: JMS approved Chronological viewing order

Quote:
Originally Posted by b5historyman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshFan View Post
Self-care! Self-care before arguing about decades-old science fiction arcana on the internet!
I do look after myself Unfortunately the medication I have is slowly becoming ineffective
Aww, man, that's terrible.
__________________
Know what you do.

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th 18, 20:50   #53
b5historyman
Ranger
 
b5historyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 65
Re: JMS approved Chronological viewing order

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshFan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by b5historyman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshFan View Post
Self-care! Self-care before arguing about decades-old science fiction arcana on the internet!
I do look after myself Unfortunately the medication I have is slowly becoming ineffective
Aww, man, that's terrible.
Blood tests in November to see what progress the recent increases have had in my meds, Iím at the maximum dosage for both my drugs now. Next stop insulin pen. Ah well :-/
b5historyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th 18, 16:27   #54
Karajorma
Commander
 
Karajorma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 101
Re: JMS approved Chronological viewing order

Quote:
Originally Posted by b5historyman View Post
It does have Joe Straczynski's authority, wasn't aware there was anyone else's needed.
JMS has approved other orders too though. For instance this one on Lurker's Guide has a different order for Season One and Two which supposedly also has his blessing. So which one is the correct one? Is there even actually a correct order? Crusade is pretty good proof that it's very hard to come up with one.

Quote:
You are asking me to go back through copious notes just to satisfy you. With all due respect, it's not going to happen anytime soon, I have more important things to worry about in my life right now, my mother is recovering from major cancer surgery and having chemotherapy, my mother in law's health is rapidly failing and my wife is going through the menopause as well to cope with. On top of that my day job as an analyst has exploded recently and I am bogged down with work, so when I go home at night I am also tired mentally.
Well I'm sorry to hear that you have real life problems, and I agree they are more important, but as KoshFan pointed out you could have just said that you were busy with real life.

Quote:
1. From the material I received from Joe, Mars independence was ratified on March 3rd 2262.

2. In DoTD there is a Universe Today headline "Narn Consulate opens on Mars amid controversy" Why would it be controversial if the events of DoTD are AFTER Mars independence? As an independent state they can have who the heck they like opening a Consulate. So what was the controversy? I reasoned it was opened while Mars was still under the joint control of EarthGov, during a transitional phase before independence. Instead of dealing with EarthGov, the Narn deal directly with the interim MarsGov.

3. Garibaldi blaming the telepaths. Where I placed DoTD, Byron and his telepaths were still very much on the station.
Fair enough. I can't say I agree with your reasoning (I've already pointed out why it's seems wrong for number 3), but at least I have an idea what it was now.

Last edited by Karajorma; August 19th 18 at 16:30.
Karajorma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th 18, 19:32   #55
b5historyman
Ranger
 
b5historyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 65
Re: JMS approved Chronological viewing order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karajorma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by b5historyman View Post
It does have Joe Straczynski's authority, wasn't aware there was anyone else's needed.
JMS has approved other orders too though. For instance this one on Lurker's Guide has a different order for Season One and Two which supposedly also has his blessing. So which one is the correct one? Is there even actually a correct order? Crusade is pretty good proof that it's very hard to come up with one.

Quote:
You are asking me to go back through copious notes just to satisfy you. With all due respect, it's not going to happen anytime soon, I have more important things to worry about in my life right now, my mother is recovering from major cancer surgery and having chemotherapy, my mother in law's health is rapidly failing and my wife is going through the menopause as well to cope with. On top of that my day job as an analyst has exploded recently and I am bogged down with work, so when I go home at night I am also tired mentally.
Well I'm sorry to hear that you have real life problems, and I agree they are more important, but as KoshFan pointed out you could have just said that you were busy with real life.

Quote:
1. From the material I received from Joe, Mars independence was ratified on March 3rd 2262.

2. In DoTD there is a Universe Today headline "Narn Consulate opens on Mars amid controversy" Why would it be controversial if the events of DoTD are AFTER Mars independence? As an independent state they can have who the heck they like opening a Consulate. So what was the controversy? I reasoned it was opened while Mars was still under the joint control of EarthGov, during a transitional phase before independence. Instead of dealing with EarthGov, the Narn deal directly with the interim MarsGov.

3. Garibaldi blaming the telepaths. Where I placed DoTD, Byron and his telepaths were still very much on the station.
Fair enough. I can't say I agree with your reasoning (I've already pointed out why it's seems wrong for number 3), but at least I have an idea what it was now.
Yes Joe can change his mind, the episode guide on the Lurkers Guide as far as I am aware merely followed the broadcast order. As I preceded the introduction to the list I posted what Joe said on line about chronological ordering.

The fact that you don't agree with my reasoning comes as no surprise. What I came up with was used in-house at Babylonian. You asked, you got. Now as far as it goes for me I do not feel it's worth arguing the point anymore for the reasons I have already quoted.

You have a nice life and good luck with your two projects.
b5historyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st 18, 03:21   #56
Looney
Ambassador
 
Looney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Middle West U.S.
Posts: 474
Re: JMS approved Chronological viewing order

That is all well and good, but I really don't care for how everyone just passed right by the "Why isn't Looney part of the B5Books team?" question. I mean my mom says I am handsome and what team wouldn't want me to be a part of it?!
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st 18, 05:22   #57
KoshFan
Soul Hunter
 
KoshFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The upper left-hand corner of the US
Posts: 10,644
Re: JMS approved Chronological viewing order

The bylaws of the Book Group prohibit answering rhetorical questions. That's why.
__________________
Know what you do.

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st 18, 15:10   #58
Looney
Ambassador
 
Looney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Middle West U.S.
Posts: 474
Re: JMS approved Chronological viewing order

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshFan View Post
The bylaws of the Book Group prohibit answering rhetorical questions. That's why.


At least you didn't say it was because I was disqualified before the B5Books Team even formed. You know, they had an initial meeting about the idea and immediately said, "We'll take anyone, but Looney."
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd 18, 08:40   #59
John Joshua
Lurker
 
John Joshua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 8
Wink Re: JMS approved Chronological viewing order

... can't have been open to just anybody --- they didn't take me, for example.
John Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th 18, 16:06   #60
Looney
Ambassador
 
Looney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Middle West U.S.
Posts: 474
Re: JMS approved Chronological viewing order

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Joshua View Post
... can't have been open to just anybody --- they didn't take me, for example.
GREAT!!!!! SO NOW I AM JUST "ANYBODY"!!!!!



Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2001 - 2018 B5TV.COM