• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

What are you watching now?

Oh dear, Chronicles of Riddick. I love Pitch Black, but that movie was dire.

Peter Davidson era Dr Who and the strange french/ japanese animation from my Childhood - Ulysees 31 !!

It still really rocks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ4c1X5ene8

UllyseeeeEEEEEeeeeeEEEEEEeeeeees searching through all the galaxies!

YAY Awesome!!!!!!

:beer:

Have you noticed that The Mysterious Cities of Gold (of similar era) has also been recompiled for DVD? Seeing as the originals were toast... that's fan power at work.

Now all we need is Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors (as penned by JMS)

and

Star Fleet..... including an obligatory bonus Brian May & Eddie Van Halen music cover vid

80's kids show owns any and all of the mindless pap they put out tokids these days... and the music was far better!

I liked the Chronicles of Riddick! But, I'm also not too hard to please sometimes when it comes to science fiction in the movie theater. I think it's so lacking and so rare that you find something that's made it to the big screen that I'll take what I can get. And, I went in with very low expectations so I was pleasantly entertained throughout.

I loved the visuals of the movie and the whole concept. Am I remembering this correctly in that these might have come from books? Or not?

I just saw "Solaris" with George Clooney the other day and rather enjoyed that. I also dig the AVP movies for s**ts and giggles.

Saw "The Ruins" in theaters. I think the person who is behind this film (who also did The Descent) is onto a good formula, but I thought the whole "omg, evil plants" deal was just not working for me. Then again, evil plants do nothing to scare me. It did disturb me and gross me out, but true horror (imho) is about that which really scares the poop out of you. For me, it's evil (i.e. The Exorcist, Prince of Darkness,) or the darkness within us all (Silence of the Lambs.) Or, even space alien scariness (The Thing, Aliens.)

(Tangent OVER!)

I'm almost halfway through season 3 of Lost. I cannot watch that show on television because I can't stand being stuck at some lame-arse cliffhanger. That show just keeps rolling and rolling (I feel the same about "24.") So, I wait for the DVD's to come out.

Season 3 is interesting so far, though they spent far too much time with "the Others" on "the other island" watching Jack being brought his food and watching Kate and Sawyer in their cages. Things are moving a bit. I'm into it so far.

Finished Season 1 of Jericho. Good show.

Have "Gone Baby Gone" on top of the television from Netflix. I'll watch that tonight.

Last edited:
I'm almost halfway through season 3 of Lost. I cannot watch that show on television because I can't stand being stuck at some lame-arse cliffhanger. That show just keeps rolling and rolling (I feel the same about "24.") So, I wait for the DVD's to come out.

Season 3 is interesting so far, though they spent far too much time with "the Others" on "the other island" watching Jack being brought his food and watching Kate and Sawyer in their cages. Things are moving a bit. I'm into it so far.

Watch out for Desmond-centric episodes,which in my opinion are of a consistently high standard. A certain episode in season 4 had me crying like a baby!

Saw "The Ruins" in theaters. I think the person who is behind this film (who also did The Descent) is onto a good formula, but I thought the whole "omg, evil plants" deal was just not working for me.

I havent seen it in the theater but i read the book sometime last year and it was great. I think the preview of the movie gave away the "secret" of the book. Reading the book reminded me of the old Stephen King short story "The Raft".
I'm not sure I'm going to watch it or not. I may wait until its on DVD or comes to the second-run theater and I can watch it for a $1.

Right now my wife and I are on the 2nd season of Medium and I have the first DVD of "The Trailer Park Boys." I havent watched that yet but several people at work have recommended it and said it is hilarious.

Have "Gone Baby Gone" on top of the television from Netflix. I'll watch that tonight.

I watched that the other night and thought it was good. Casey Affleck apparently has gotten a lot of good reviews for his performance, and not that I think he was bad --- he wasn't --- but come on? Rave reviews? He is playing someone who grew up on the Streets of Boston! How much of a stretch is that for him? That's like saying its a raving performance for Joe Peci to play a little Italian guy.

Chronicles was, eh, not that good. Much like the anime after Pitch Black, Dark Fury, it completely changed the character of Riddick form a stoic man, into a loud mouth superhero and that killed it for me.It did have Alexa Davalos though, so yummy!

I'm now on to start watching the complete series of Earth 2. I really don't know what to expect from this series other than nostalgia as I remember the two or so episodes I saw when it first aired.

Galahad, I just saw a Desmond episode....

Spoiler for :
He was trying to save Charlie's life because he can "remember" the future. In the episode, he was trying to win over his girlfriend's father and he was just a big ole jerk. It was actually a good episode. At first, I was a bit miffed that I wasn't seeing what happened to Jack (after the operation) and Kate/Sawyer after they got off the other island, but I was so delighted.....

I just watched a 1962 British film, It's Trad, Dad, that was shown on Turner Classic Movies, on cable. It was directed by Richard Lester, who directed A Hard day's Night just a couple of years later. It was an interesting film. You could see Lester developing his quirky style, with various wipes, camera angles, different ways of composing the frame when filming musicians.

The film had a rather standard, for the day, sort of plot - the mayor bans the juke box and the TV at the local coffee house, because he hates rock and jazz. The kids fight back by staging a big show in town. The best-known US musicians were Chubby Checker, Del Shannon, and Garry US Bonds. There were several British jazz bands, mostly dixielandish. One was called The Temperance Seven. They were a precursor to The Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band, a very humorous, mostly forgotten band of the late 60s and 70s. All and all, interesting and enjoyable, a cut above the genre's usual fare, due to Lester's directing.

Mmmm House marathon on USA today rocked. I still haven't seen all the episodes. I didn't realize he had slept with Cameron.

This weekend I ordered No Country For Old Men in HD, but the playback crapped out in the middle. Urgh! Man it sure looked pretty until then, though, and I was really into it. *sigh*

Diana is so hot. Even for a lizard....

V_Diana.jpg

I just finished Earth 2 and now it on to the criminally underrated and should never have been canceled Carnivale season 1.

I just finished Earth 2 and now it on to the criminally underrated and should never have been canceled Carnivale season 1.

um... what?!

Anyway... if you're implying or trying to say that Carnivale was canceled after 1 season, it wasn't... it was canceled after 2, which ended with a major cliff-hanger.

um... what?!

Anyway... if you're implying or trying to say that Carnivale was canceled after 1 season, it wasn't... it was canceled after 2, which ended with a major cliff-hanger.

I think he just needed a comma there, for clarification. Like:

"... should never have been cancelled Carnivale, season 1".

And it really is annoying when a series is cancelled unexpectedly. I have gotten spoiled, and used to series being allowed an ending of some kind.

um... what?!

No, that came out wrong, I just picked up season one on DVD and will be watching that. I am aware that there was a second season, and I have seen it, but I don't own it as of yet.

IMO, Carnivale was the best thing HBO ever did, and I was very sorry to see it canceled. It was so different, so innovative, so lush to look at, set in a period/place, the dust bowl southwest, that is never used in film.

I should admit to being a bit prejudiced, since I was born in Oklahoma, knew some of the towns, and my dad was born in one...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back