• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Universal fast track BSG movie

They've already murdered some of Bradbury's ideas. Ugh.

Well a lot of books do get murdered.Some even come out of it OK.

Got to agree though,a great many Sci Fi classics couldn't be made into good films.The likes of Stranger in a Strange Land belong in print.

I find it strange as well that nobody seems to class Terminator as Sci Fi :confused:

Got to agree though,a great many Sci Fi classics couldn't be made into good films.The likes of Stranger in a Strange Land belong in print.

I find it strange as well that nobody seems to class Terminator as Sci Fi :confused:

Stranger in a strange land could perhaps work, but only three people would go and see it, it works out the same for most of heinliens work.

and for me personally, gattaca was poorly paced, poorly cast and poorly acted.

Since 2001 was made, in 1968, besides Gattaca, (which is a very good film,) Blade Runner, and Twelve Monkeys, which I think are two of the best SciFi films of all time, and Brazil, which some may not call SciFi, were made. I know there is one other in my pantheon of bests which I can't recall at the moment, that was made since '68. And, there are many other rather good, more recent SciFi films, like A Clockwork Orange, THX1138, and Darkstar.

Much as I like classic 50s SciFi films, like The Day The Earth Stood Still, Forbidden Planet, This Island Earth, The Thing, Them, and many others, better SciFi films have been made since.

Since 2001 was made, in 1968, besides Gattaca, (which is a very good film,) Blade Runner, and Twelve Monkeys, which I think are two of the best SciFi films of all time, and Brazil, which some may not call SciFi, were made. I know there is one other in my pantheon of bests which I can't recall at the moment, that was made since '68. And, there are many other rather good, more recent SciFi films, like A Clockwork Orange, THX1138, and Darkstar.

Much as I like classic 50s SciFi films, like The Day The Earth Stood Still, Forbidden Planet, This Island Earth, The Thing, Them, and many others, better SciFi films have been made since.

Brazil is a classic, in my top 5 of all time. better by far than the adaptation of 1984.

just saw Children of Men and would certainly say that it is an excellent addition to the genre.

Last edited:

Yeah, but some sci-fi gets done very well: like "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" becoming Bladerunner. :) I just think most studios today are going to go for the wham/bam special effects meat and spit the rest of it out. Sad. I keep waiting for a good studio to emerge that puts out decent sci-fi fantasy and has nothing to do with syfy Hammerhead VS Megatron crap.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back