• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Galactica Season 4 (Spoilers Within)

The final Cylon is not any of those people- I just refuse to believe that, because it would come off as super lame. It's gotta be something totally mind-blowing, not even any of the characters.

The final Cylon is not any of those people- I just refuse to believe that, because it would come off as super lame. It's gotta be something totally mind-blowing, not even any of the characters.

Yeah I agree that it wouldn't be very original if Dr.Cottle is the final cylon.;)

Maybe it will be a HUGE surprise like Sinclair becoming Valen for example.

Well interesting that you used that as an example- see the genius of the whole Sinclair thing was that not only was it a huge surprise, but it also made perfect sense. Once you get over the shock, you can go back and review moments and story elements that are better explained by that revelation.

So. yeah, BSG has to end with something similar. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and assume they came up with this before this or last season started, so that it'll all make sense somehow.

So. yeah, BSG has to end with something similar. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and assume they came up with this before this or last season started, so that it'll all make sense somehow.

Let's hope that Ronald Moore knows who the final cylon is.;)

Maybe it will be a HUGE surprise like Sinclair becoming Valen for example.

Another interesting thing about you using that as an example...was that the Sinclair/Valen thing was worked out before the first frame of Season 1 was shot.

With all the comparisons of JMS/RDM going on around here, I think that bears mentioning. I seriously doubt that RDM had the whole Final 5 / Final 1 thing worked out before the show started. I'd wager he came up with it between Seasons 2 or 3.

The reason the Sinclair/Valen it made SENSE in that show is that there were clues dropped since Season 1 about it as well, so when it happened it clicked. I seriously doubt I will have that "of COURSE" feeling about the Final Cylon. Not saying I'll be disappointed, I just dont think it is that well pre-planned. I think GKE is more correct, in that it won't be someone from the show, but someone new that somehow has significance. At least...I find myself hoping for that.

Some newsgroup posts by JMS himself strongly hint that he had not planned Valen's fate from the beginning. Hence the edit in The Gathering (Kosh to Sinclair: Entil'Zha Valen).

I'd disagree with that. He may not have known exactly when and how he would go back, but he knew the character arc that they were one and the same.

Garabaldishair The Galactica being the final Cylon is very interesting Notion. The 4 were all present on the Galactica when they received the signal and started mouthing lyrics to the Bob Dylan song, of course I immediately ruled out Bob Dylan as the 5th Cylon. But seriously They did get the signal from the 5 th Cylon so its possible that the 5th might be someone on the Galactica or as Garabaldishair speculated might be the ship itself ,now that truly woulfd be different. Other Question and these ones are as important as the Identity of the final Cylon, Why was the signal sent at that particular moment?What was the significants of the timing of the signal? why was it not sent earlier then it was and what set of circumstances made the 5th Cylon transmit the signal to the other 4? Maybe figuring out the Why might lead us to the the who.

Last edited:
Well what if the Final Cylon is in fact on Earth? Home of the machine God, If it not someone inside the show then its someone whom they will encounter perhaps?

I'm almost certain that Obama is a Cylon....so its probably him. The last 2 episodes of the show will deal with his campaign for Presidency on Earth (due to large donations to RDM from Obama's campaign fund), and that is when he will be unveiled as the final Cylon.

Damit Recoil thats wrongheaded thinking and you know it , the very idea Obama The 5th Cylon, really.
It"s Hillary she has to be the 5th Cylon all the signs and clues point to her. Hah, See how easy it was to solve the Mystery? The answer was right in front us all along and most importantly she'e not from the show.

I've finally figured it out.

Ron Moore and Damon Lindelof rom "Lost" decided to join forces hoping to achieve higher ratings.The result:

THE FINAL CYLON IS THE SMOKE MONSTER!!!

This way we've got two mysteries solved at the same time.

:LOL:

Another interesting thing about you using that as an example...was that the Sinclair/Valen thing was worked out before the first frame of Season 1 was shot.

Actually, it seems that's not true.

Spoiler for The Sinclair-all-five-years outline in the 15th scriptbook:
The outline of what was planned for Sinclair for all five seasons in the 15th scriptbook reveals that the original plan didn't have Sinclair becoming Valen at all. In discussing this rather shocking -- shocking to me at least -- revelation, a poster on jmsnews.com found this statement by jms:

Obviously I can't say much about season two plans at this time, since
doing so would destroy the intent of doing some things folks may not expect.
All I can say is that the deeper we got into the series, and the more I *saw*
the dynamics of the characters, the more I kept looking back and forth, from
the Minbari to Sinclair, Sinclair to Minbari, and thinking...hmmm...y'know
what'd be *real* neat...?

Which is all I can say on that for now...except to add that in any novel,
there's always some surprises that the author didn't plan for, and the key is
to be open to that.

So, it's hard to know exactly when during the creation of season one that jms got the idea to make Sinclair be Valen, but we know now that it wasn't the original idea and according to what jms said quoted above it happened while they were making season one.

Well either way, the Valen thing was invented WAY before it was presented to the audience.

Likewise, if Ron Moore thought of the 5th Cylon thing around, say, the time he thought of the 4 revealed in the season 3 finale, it can all turn out alright.

I seriously doubt that RDM had the whole Final 5 / Final 1 thing worked out before the show started. I'd wager he came up with it between Seasons 2 or 3.

I think he came up with it towards the end of Season 2. He said in a part of an interview when asked about when he decided to make four characters Cylons

It was something I came up with this season as I worked toward the finale. The conceptual framework in which these guys are Cylons, it all sort of works once we laid down their individual back stories.

For some reason I don't really find myself caring who or what is the final Cylon. I mean it will be cool to see who it is but frankly I could care less. I'm just waiting to see what happens when they arrive at Earth.

For some reason I don't really find myself caring who or what is the final Cylon. I mean it will be cool to see who it is but frankly I could care less. I'm just waiting to see what happens when they arrive at Earth.

I'm right there with ya. The final Cylon isn't as important to me as the conclusion of the story and reaching Earth.

Back