• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Oh, MY.

Well, that might work -- but it depends on how well it fits my schedule, which is fairly full these days. If all else fails, it will eventually come out on DVD.

I'm really intrigued to see where the new season goes. A whole new direction for the show, which is oftentimes a good thing. I'd love to get them to Earth someday, but this has all kinds of interesting potential.

there is a guy on a another board who suggested it should end with the fleet reaching earth and the cylons in hot pursuit. the cylons defeat adama and slaughter humanity finally deciding to colonise a dead earth, they rid themselves of the centurions and all become skinjobs, but some virus hits them and they lose the knowledge of thier machine heritage, then you get a greatly sped up evolution through the ages seeing that we came from them (the birth of christ the crusades WWII) until finally there is a great unveiling. and the most messed up part is the unveiling is the release of a new machine to aid in housework and make life easier for humanity (where have we heard that before) and the last thing you see before the screen goes black, is a red light moving from side to side. it's all circular man, the way the show has gone they can't really have a happy ending, there has to be some sad ending that leaves you feeling empty inside.

Creepy, but I kind of like the idea. The part I like about it, is how its circular. An interesting point would be that the "skin jobs" after they lose their memory are actually in Earth at like 6000 BC, and that we are all skin jobs and don't know it.

In any event, I dont see a happy ending for the series, but I would feel cheated if the entire struggle of the survivors of the colonies is made moot. I think there is a way in there to address all of the comments in the series about things happening before and happening again, while still keeping our survivors struggle meaningful.

How about if they reach new earth and it turns out to be the Vorlon homeworld? :LOL: Cylons vs Vorlons :devil:: place yout bets here folks!!!!

If there's gonna be a happy ending, then I think some of the Cylons have to turn on their brothers and sisters, or somehow persuade the more militant to let the humans go their way.

One possible conclusion? The Cylons split, but so do the humans, and half of each group teams up to fight the other two halves. Baltar and #6s on one side, Adama and various Sharons on the other. The war goes on, but it's now even murkier than before, since there's no telling who's on which side, or even which camp is which....

everyone seems to have decided that baltar is properly evil now like count baltar in the original. i think baltar is the same as the rest of humanity, he made some very, very human mistakes, he fell in love with the wrong woman who used him to plant a virus in the CNP, he continued to make bad choices because he loves the woman, i won't mention more due to season 3 spoilers. i will say this, baltar has clearly loved 6 since the attack on the colonies, all the shagging he does is easily explained, the man was a nerd, he became a dashing supergenius, he cannot do monogamy because he feels he owes it to himslef to get all the action he missed out on when he was younger, that doesn't however exclude him from love. i did feel sorry for him when he slept with starbuck and she called lee's name out in kobol's last gleaming part 1.

Also his ego is larger than most gas giants. I keep waiting for someone to slap him for his various idiocies, and it keeps not happening. Then again, it's sometimes fun to see him try to weasel out of things.

i just really like him, i also think james callis along with jamie bamber are possibly the two most talented british actors working outside of the uk today

Well, the addiction proved too strong. I've now seen the first two of Season 3 -- much gratitude to certain parties who shall remain nameless. By the end of the second one, my teeth were chattering, I was so tensed up.

I'll join the main BSG S3 thread as soon as I get caught up, which is mostly contingent on how fast I can downloa... acquire a copy of ep. 3.

Make that eps. 3 and 4. I downloaded/acquired two copies of ep. 4, just to be safe. Somehow, both of them were corrupt. And by corrupt I mean even DivX wouldn't touch them, and DivX -- being the slut of movie players -- will play anything.

So it's back to the downloads. In theory, 44 hours from now I can enjoy the delights of episode 4. After that I should be in the clear.

Actually, I believe it's VLC that will play anything - I've certainly managed to watch everything with it that I don't seem to have the proper codec for and it hasn't complained yet, even if no other player wants to have anything to do with the file.

You might want to give it a try too (unless you already erased the files). (They seem to have a version for most operating systems.)

(Not that I advocate, um, acquiring copies of commercial things by other means, so take this as a general advice regarding video files.)

Yeah try VLC Koshfan, the Mac version is pretty good, and really will play anything, inclduing all the strange divx and avi sub codec's.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back