• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

New official Babylon 5 Website...

I'm new to the Babylon 5 universe, as in, my cousin bought me the first season a few days ago and i've been doing nothing but watching it. Its great, and i hope to get the following seasons if i can find some descent deals.

I wast to get the new Lost Tales DVD but im not sure if i should wait to watch it? It looks great, but will it throw the rest of the story off if i watch it before the rest of the seasons?

Probably. The final episode, Sleeping In Light, does tell us the ultimate fate of the station. However, TLT was made with the idea in mind that most people who watch it have seen the whole series.

I guess it also depends on how much of the story you already know from reading fan boards like this one.

Er, I think we've gone a bit off topic here...

I'm new to the Babylon 5 universe, as in, my cousin bought me the first season a few days ago and i've been doing nothing but watching it. Its great, and i hope to get the following seasons if i can find some descent deals.

http://www.walmart.com/ now only has Seasons 1 & 2 for $22.88. Seasons 3, 4 & 5 4 are now out of stock and not orderable at http://www.walmart.com/. They appear to be going fast, because about 36 hours ago on Friday June 8th, they had Seasons 1, 2, 3, & 5 in stock.

Check http://www.dvdpricesearch.com/ for the best deals.

I was to get the new Lost Tales DVD but im not sure if i should wait to watch it? It looks great, but will it throw the rest of the story off if i watch it before the rest of the seasons?

Pre-order the new Babylon 5 - The Lost Tales DVD and just watch it after you've watched all the rest. That way you can get the pre-order price. ;)

Last edited:
http://www.walmart.com/ now only has Seasons 1 & 2 for $22.88. Seasons 3, 4 & 5 4 are now out of stock and not orderable at http://www.walmart.com/. They appear to be going fast, because about 36 hours ago on Friday June 8th, they had Seasons 1, 2, 3, & 5 in stock.

Check http://www.dvdpricesearch.com/ for the best deals.

Pre-order the new Babylon 5 - The Lost Tales DVD and just watch it after you've watched all the rest. That way you can get the pre-order price. ;)

Sounds good. Its not so much the price but just having it ready to watch later ;) I'll have to look around for the other seasons, thanks for the link!

I wast to get the new Lost Tales DVD but im not sure if i should wait to watch it? It looks great, but will it throw the rest of the story off if i watch it before the rest of the seasons?

And you were going to say.......what?

Last edited:
Er... that wasn't suppose to happen. I actually typed something up and for some reason it didn't post... That's odd. Sorry about that.
What I was going to say was that I'm getting that DVD as well and I can't wait to get it. I also heard that the episodes are going to revolve around a single character each episode which sounds really cool mainly because it'll probably add so much more to the story.

Last edited:
Er... that wasn't suppose to happen. I actually typed something up and for some reason it didn't post... That's odd. Sorry about that.

No sweat. That's happened to me before, believe me! Be sure to have the 'remember me' box checked when you login, if you're not on a public PC. It'll help prevent stuff like that. ;)

Will do, thanks for the tip. But is anyone else going to get their hands on The Lost Tales? I know Minion is, (from what he posted) but is anyone else going to? I can't wait to get my hands on my copy and add it to my collection of B5 merchandise. I'm more interested in how the story is going to turn out than adding more to my collection of B5 merch.

Will do, thanks for the tip. But is anyone else going to get their hands on The Lost Tales? I know Minion is, (from what he posted) but is anyone else going to?

I've pre-ordered four from Amazon (the very first day it became available.), so yes, I'm getting it (two for me, and one each for two friends).

Last edited:
I ordered mine the very first day it became available. :( The waiting is seriously getting to me now... :) God, please let it be July soon!

I ordered mine the very first day it became available. :( The waiting is seriously getting to me now... :) God, please let it be July soon!

Ditto. Still about #52 on the best seller list today.

Anyone know where figures can be found on how many have been sold so far?

Anyone know where figures can be found on how many have been sold so far?

Well, technically, the number sold is zero ... at least until they start taking money and shipping disks. Practically, I imagine the only way to find out will be for WB to actually announce it at some point. I have never seen online retailers give out figures for how many units they have sold, except in the vaguest possible terms, but the fact that it is still at #52 on the best selling list of one of the largest online DVD retailers in the world (6 weeks before it is even released) has to mean something.

Boxie, did you order yours from amazon? Shortly after it was put up for preorders, amazon sent out notices to some preorderers that there would be a bit of a delay in their ability to get TLT to them despite preordering it due to supply and demand issues, aka they received way more preorders than they expected and hadn't ordered enough copies themselves in order to fullfill all the preorders they've received. As such, a notice was sent out (I received one myself) saying that there would be a slight delay in their shipping it out to some orders. The dates that I've seen stated only have it being like a day or two in delay, but still, with TLT being released for regular purchase on July 31, any delay would then make it August.

I just checked my order and it says delivery date August 16th. I didn't receive a notice about the difference in shipping date. Here I thought I was one of the lucky ones to be receiving it on time. :(

I just checked my order... :( it says, "August". It said "July" when I ordered it.

:( :( :(

Well, you know the release date for R1 is July 31st, so a date in August probably isn't that far off.

Initially (at the time I ordered, April 24th at 646PM), Amazon said:

Shipping estimate for these items: August 6, 2007
Delivery estimate: August 13, 2007 - August 17, 2007

Now, it looks like mine have moved up a bit.

Shipping estimate: August 5, 2007
Delivery estimate: August 10, 2007 - August 13, 2007

Latest posts

Members online

Back