• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Rangers: Final Week Publicity

StarStuff

Regular
In this week's New York Times TV magazine the Ranger movie is given a prominent spot. On the page for Saturday, January 19 the Ranger movie is promoted under the title of Highlights (recommended) section with a picture of Dylan Neal in a fighting stance with two Minbari. The following text appears beside the photo:

Restoring Order
In "Babylon 5: The Legend of the Ranger," a new film starring Dylan Neal (kneeling, with Todd Sandomirsky), an elite fighting force of humans and aliens try to save civilizations ruined by the Shadow War. 9 P.M. (Sci Fi)

------------------
God be between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk.

[This message has been edited by StarStuff (edited January 13, 2002).]

I'm quite pleased. No one can say, at least not truthfully, that Scifi has not supported the show by getting the word out.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

Our TV-magazine with the local Sunday paper highlighted the Rangers movie, too. Pretty cool!
smile.gif

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

My local tv guide didn't mention it in the highlights or nothing and when I looked at for info on it still nothing was said
mad.gif

------------------

One final promotional idea. On the channel(s) showing the game. Run an advert that says "Watch both. Slip a cassette into your VCT, now. Select Sci-Fi and record the Babylon 5 Rangers movie. Have fun watching the match in real time. We hope your team wins."

------------------
Andrew Swallow

In the weekly TV guide of the main newspaper of northern New Jersey Babylon 5: The Legend of the Rangers is listed under Saturday Best Bets . And, the last sentence of the paragraph is:

Andreas Katsulas reprises the role of G'Kar from the Babylon 5 TV series in this new movie, which might become a series in its own right.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------

Remember a few months ago when there was concern about whether the Ranger movie would be properly promoted? Well lately the Sci Fi Channel is running a continuous variety of Ranger commercials and interrupts them only long enough to broadcast a small segment of a scheduled show!!!!

cool.gif
laugh.gif
lol.gif

------------------

Back