• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

What happened to all those teeps?

Psi-Kid

Regular
In Ship of Tears, those teeps that all ended up in cryro on the station, what ever happened to them in the end?

This is mentioned in the Telepath Trilogy.

I'd say more, but evidently the custom spoiler tag is not working. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

Was that book 2? I didn't read that one, only books 1 and 3. I know it wasn't in book 1, and don't remember reading it in book 3.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Was that book 2? I didn't read that one, only books 1 and 3. I know it wasn't in book 1, and don't remember reading it in book 3.

[/quote]
book2 ends in 2257 (b5 season1) so it cant be in book2.

I might be wrong but imo Sheridan used them in teep war.

Sigma

thanks for the spoiler warning

[/quote]
sorry...but that was very very minor spoiler. Just like fact that B5 season5 takes place in 2262. It is spoiler, but it doesnt spoil story. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Sigma

But Sigma, that was not the telepath war.
That was the Earth civil war.

To disable the Earth fleet orbiting Mars, Sheridan used a realtively small number of Shadow-modified telepaths, with the reasoning that any hope of curing them depended on Earth. Some of them survived the battle. Most never participated.

Earth under president Clark would have used these telepaths for their intended purpose -- weapons components for anything they could throw against rebel colonies and Babylon 5.

Lyta had proven that with sufficient telepathic powers, one could temporarily suppress the "machine". By immediately trying to commit suicide, the person she awakened had proven that their problems went deeper than that.

I think that unless located in some Psi-Corps base, and subsequently blown up by the Resistance, they are still in cryostasis, waiting for someone to find a cure.

Perhaps a technomage could. Aside from the Shadows themselves, technomages if anyone could give Shadow technology new direction and purpose.

But Sigma, that was not the telepath war. That was the Earth civil war.

[/quote]

No, Sigma said, "...I might be wrong but imo Sheridan used them in teep war." (Emphasis added.)

I think Sigma is wrong, because there is no indication that Sheridan would have had access to any (surviving) Teepsicles. Some or all were returned to Psi Corps. Any others would be in the hands of EarthGov or EarthForce medical, and it is doubtful they would have authorized their use as weapons against the Teeps. There is also the small problem of smuggling them onto the enemy ships, which Sheridan was only able to do the first time because he had EarthForce infiltrated. Not the kind of trick you can really pull off twice.

Earth under president Clark would have used these telepaths for their intended purpose -- weapons components for anything they could throw against rebel colonies and Babylon 5.

[/quote]

That was never their intended purpose. They were weapons components for Shadow ships, quite useless for anything else. (Except crippling whatever Earthforce ship they were plugged into. EF ships weren't designed to have a living CPU, that's why Sheridan's plan worked. Clark's government would have had no use for the Teepsicles, which is why the ship was intercepted en route to Shadow-controlled space coming from Earth.)

Regards,

Joe

but at this time, we do not know if the hybrid's are controlled by individuals like the BC's are, from what i've read of "The End of the Line," it suggests they are, and thus, they could still be used in the same fashion.

I was thinking about ships like the one which destroyed Gideon's ship. Obviously no match for a real Shadow vessel following Shadow plans...

...but quite harmful when activated in someone's back yard. Quite capable of destroying many standard Earth ships, facing several White Stars or a Minbari cruiser.

I was thinking about ships like the one which destroyed Gideon's ship.

[/quote]

Which had obvious control problems in 2259. I don't think Earth's project was that much further along by 2261 - and therefore don't believe that the first generation hybrid ships had living CPUs anymore than the Warlock did later, or that the "Gideon Killer" was a working system at the time. So Clark would have been in no position to make use of the Teepsicles when he needed them. And, as I mentioned above, it seems pretty clear from "Ship of Tears" that the Teepsicles were outbound from Earth - going to the Shadows.

At the time of the Telepath War EarthGov is still pursuing its Shadowtech research, but they're keeping it a deep, dark secret, especially from the IA. Even if they could have gotten their hands on some Teepsicles, and had ships capable of using them as CPUs, they would have been very shy about using them in open combat where they could be easily detected - especially once the IA had intervened in the war (possibly at EarthGov's request.)

Sheridan, of course, would have no access to the Teepsicles, and no ships to use them in - even if he'd been so inclined. EarthGov couldn't offer him any of theirs for the reasons mentioned above. So I think we can be pretty sure that they played no role in the war. The only one ruthless enough and unconcered enough about secrecy to actually do it (and with ready access to Teepsicles) would be Bester - and he wouldn't have ships capable of using them.

Regards,

Joe

he wouldn't do that anyway, everything he has ever done, has been for his telepaths, he was willing to murder mundanes by the millions, but he cared far too much for his fellow teeps to use them in such a way.

he wouldn't do that anyway, everything he has ever done, has been for his telepaths

[/quote]

Well, somebody in Psi Corps originally authorized their transfer to the Shadows. Also if I recall correctly all the Teepsicles were "blips", rogue telepaths operating outside of Psi Corps. Except for Carolyn, his lover, Bester never hesitated to kill a blip. He was sorry about it, but a blip who would not return to the fold was dog-meat as far as he was concerned. That, after all, is what the Teep War started as - an armed conflict between Blips and Psi Corps. During the course of the war Bester turned the Blip "re-education camps" into extermination camps - which is why he was charged with war crimes and may be why the Interstellar Alliance intervened. A lot of things may have prevented Bester from using the Teepsicles as a weapon of his own, but I don't think an overabundance of compassion was one of them.

Regards,

Joe

Thanks everyone. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Just a little teep inqiuiry of mine.

Yeah, Bester wasn't exactly the nicest of anything..teeps included. My role model. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif *puts teep trilogy at top of to buy list*

Back