• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Vorlons and Telepaths - What's going on here??

StarStuff

Regular
Vorlons and Telepaths - What\'s going on here??

In the recent episode when Lyta and Brian a . . . a . . . get together we see into Lyta's mind to the time when she was taken to the Vorlon's home world and altered. We also see adults and babies in liquid filled tubes. Then we see . . .adult in tube and a view of telepath on B5 . . . adult in tube . . . telepath on B5.

I think I remember that telepaths were originally engineered by the Vorlons but from this flash back are we to assume that adults are taken and altered or do the Vorlons grow telepaths from infants? And wasn't the ability inherited? If so, who are these people in tubes?

Even though I've see B5 through a number of times I haven't seen each episode and I have missed parts of episodes. Someone has to cook.

crazy.gif

------------------
God be between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk.

Re: Vorlons and Telepaths - What\'s going on here??

Also:

When Kosh is seen in the garden, all the races who saw him as a spiritual being were genetically enhanced by the Vorlons. When Londo said he saw nothing, I assume the Centauri were never altered and they naturally gained their Psi talents.

But I'm just a loser.

------------------
Martin: "I should have brought my gun."
Debi: "What?!"
Martin: "Should be fun!" - Grosse Pointe Blank
Slappy's Solar System!

If you look closely at the Babies in that scene, they were of ALL Races, not just Human.
The most likely scenario is that many of the "abandoned" babies which get adopted every year are really the Vorlon "Changelings".

BTW, this is a common theme in Eoropean fantasy: The Changeling baby left by the Faery folk who grows up and doesn't "fit in".

And Londo saw "Nothing" because Kosh didn't Want him to, not because the Centauri hadn't been visited by the Vorlons.
We already know the Vorlons have been Everywhere.
Sebastion told us so.
cool.gif
wink.gif
laugh.gif

The expalnation for the Adults in the tubes can also be explained:
They are Sebastian's contemporaries.
Sebastion isn't the Only person the Vorlons have "saved" for future use.
Lyta herself was in one of those tubes while she was being modified to Serve a Vorlon.

The other people in the vorlon tubes were the Vorlon Taxi Company & Limmo Service.
Lyta being a Luxury model Vorlon Transport.
A Lexus, perhaps.

wink.gif
wink.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by StarStuff:

In the recent episode when Lyta and Brian a . . . a . . . get together we see into Lyta's mind to the time when she was taken to the Vorlon's home world and altered. We also see adults and babies in liquid filled tubes. Then we see . . .adult in tube and a view of telepath on B5 . . . adult in tube . . . telepath on B5.

I think I remember that telepaths were originally engineered by the Vorlons but from this flash back are we to assume that adults are taken and altered or do the Vorlons grow telepaths from infants? And wasn't the ability inherited? If so, who are these people in tubes?

Even though I've see B5 through a number of times I haven't seen each episode and I have missed parts of episodes. Someone has to cook.

crazy.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes (posted some screen caps in the
Room for Rangers thread).

Vorlons manipulated those from many races, at various stages of their development. It doesn't mean that those in early stages of life as shown in the tubes are going to stay there all the way to maturity. Lyta wasn't in there her whole life.

There's more about the Vorlon/Telepath connection in the Psi Corps trilogy, especially Book #1 Dark Genesis.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

Crusade (reruns) starting 03/26/2002 at 1PM EST on the Sci-Fi Channel

http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Possible spoilers for books which I have not read, and possible errors in spoilers:

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>As far as I recall from a few summaries of B5 books, which I have not actually read...

A few Vorlons visited Earth and abducted/altered some people to create telepaths. One of them allegedly died for this... due to involvement from an influential party hostile towards them, and quite awake.

They did however complete their mission, and continue the practise of altering/improving telepaths afterwards. Obviously to make them easier to influence/subjugate and more efficient for Vorlon purposes, which was more or less equal to fighting the Shadows.

Quite naturally the Shadows worked against this. When the time came, they secured themselves access to telepathic "cores" for their ships. Most of their telepaths were Human as Humans were the easiest to get -- due to the secrecy/rigidity/vulnerability of PsiCorps.

And at the same time, some telepaths figured out or suspected the Vorlon connection, but nobody seemed to get the big picture with Shadows included.</font></td></tr></table>

------------------
"We are the universe, trying to figure itself out.
Unfortunately we as software lack any coherent documentation."
-- Delenn

[This message has been edited by Lennier (edited February 10, 2002).]

[/QUOTE]
bakana said

The other people in the vorlon tubes were the Vorlon Taxi Company & Limmo Service.
Lyta being a Luxury model Vorlon Transport.
A Lexus, perhaps.
[/QUOTE]

Lyta is not some second rate Mercedes Benz rip off. She is a well-refined collector's item: The Jaguar XJ940. Luck, Mr. Naranek, I wouldn't have minded getting a ride.
lol.gif
shocked.gif
lol.gif
shocked.gif
lol.gif

------------------
YOU ARE NOT READY FOR IMMORTALITY!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back