B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.related

Old November 29th 13, 00:42   #1
JonFrain
Commander

WB considering upgrading B5 for Blu Ray

I'm not putting too much hope into this. but you never know. I'm positive it will be done eventually.

http://thewertzone.blogspot.com/2013...hd-update.html

https://www.facebook.com/B5Scrolls/p...54074721347592
JonFrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th 13, 04:19   #2
KoshN

Re: WB considering upgrading B5 for Blu Ray

When it comes to Warner Brothers, I'll believe it when I see it on the shelves. Then, I'll believe that they did a good job only AFTER viewing the episodes.
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
KoshN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th 13, 03:51   #3
JonFrain
Commander

I think they should pay up to convert some big episodes and see how well they sell on Blu-Ray and go from there. The benefit they get from redoing them is that they can eventually put them up in HD on streaming services.
JonFrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th 13, 03:56   #4
Jan
Psi Cop

JMS has been asked about this several times since that podcast has been quoted and he still thinks there's no chance it's gonna happen.

Jan
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th 13, 10:50   #5
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
JMS has been asked about this several times since that podcast has been quoted and he still thinks there's no chance it's gonna happen.

Jan
HE KNOWS Warner Bros..
Max Eilerson: "The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years. Probably contains hundreds of patents that I could exploit and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."
Old December 30th 13, 10:41   #6
Red45
Lurker

WB shouldn't do this now, they need to get people excited. Announce a big budget reboot, put it on Netflix or syndicate the show first, let people remember what B5 is before putting it on the shelves. The worst thing that could happen is they release the first season on Blu-Ray and it doesn't sell well, so they don't end up making more
Red45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th 13, 18:41   #7
Republibot 3.0
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red45 View Post
WB shouldn't do this now, they need to get people excited. Announce a big budget reboot, put it on Netflix or syndicate the show first, let people remember what B5 is before putting it on the shelves. The worst thing that could happen is they release the first season on Blu-Ray and it doesn't sell well, so they don't end up making more
Are we talking about a reboot here, or simply a re-release of the existing series with improved CGI and stuff?

Kevin Long
(The Artist Formerly Known As Republibot 3.0, And The World's Greatest Living Thurl Ravenscroft Impersonator)
http://www.kevin-long.com
Republibot 3.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th 13, 18:53   #8
KoshN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republibot 3.0 View Post
Quote:
Are we talking about a reboot here, or simply a re-release of the existing series with improved CGI and stuff?
I have faith that the extreme tightness and greed of Warner Brothers will prevent both, and ANY kind of a Blu-Ray release, even a half-assed one (the most likely Warner Brothers path.). If you think they might back a well done Blu-Ray release of even The Gathering and Season 1 with even minimal extras, I have this bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell to you.

I HOPE I'm wrong about the well done Blu-Rays, but I doubt it.

Last edited by KoshN; December 30th 13 at 18:55.
Old December 30th 13, 22:36   #9
Republibot 3.0
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoshN View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I have faith that the extreme tightness and greed of Warner Brothers will prevent both, and ANY kind of a Blu-Ray release, even a half-assed one (the most likely Warner Brothers path.). If you think they might back a well done Blu-Ray release of even The Gathering and Season 1 with even minimal extras, I have this bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell to you.

I HOPE I'm wrong about the well done Blu-Rays, but I doubt it.
Ok. Because when the word "Reboot" is thrown in here, that's a completely different topic entirely. I think I'll go start it, assuming I haven't already....

Kevin Long
(The Artist Formerly Known As Republibot 3.0, And The World's Greatest Living Thurl Ravenscroft Impersonator)
http://www.kevin-long.com
Republibot 3.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th 13, 23:44   #10
Red45
Lurker

Quote:
Quote:
My mistake, I meant reboot the franchise and put the original episodes on syndication and services like Netflix. Just to get people excited
Red45 is offline   Reply With Quote