• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Legend of the Rangers: What Would Have Happened?

AGREED...wait. Almost forgot TKO.

Nooooo, it's worse than TKO. I can watch TKO (and Grey 17 is Missing, and Infection) all the way through. Can't say that for B5:LotR, because there are places that are so bad that I have to FF or leave the room.

Ok, your right KOshN. While TKO is just silly in some areas; at least I can get thru it without saying out loud to myself, " This sucks. " Unlike LOTR. What was that terrible line from LOTR. " I live to serve, I serve to live. " Something like that.

AGREED...wait. Almost forgot TKO.

Nooooo, it's worse than TKO. I can watch TKO (and Grey 17 is Missing, and Infection) all the way through. Can't say that for B5:LotR, because there are places that are so bad that I have to FF or leave the room.

Ok, your right KoshN. While TKO is just silly in some areas; at least I can get thru it without saying out loud to myself, " This sucks. " Unlike LOTR. What was that terrible line from LOTR. " I live to serve, I serve to live. " Something like that.

Yeah, that's it, but then most of the Sarah Cantrell scenes and lines were bad.The whole movie feels like a Sci-Fi Weekend Z-Movie; it does not feel like it fits in with the other B5 TV movies. Part of this is due to all the obstacles thrown at JMS by Warner Brothers (losing all the B5 and Crusade stuff, and not allowing Sci-Fi to own a piece of B5/Crusade.) and the Sci-Fi Channel for not continuing Crusade (an established storyline) and instead forcing JMS to come up with an alternate story idea using a 20-something cast.

Yeah, that's it, but then most of the Sarah Cantrell scenes and lines were bad.The whole movie feels like a Sci-Fi Weekend Z-Movie; it does not feel like it fits in with the other B5 TV movies. Part of this is due to all the obstacles thrown at JMS by Warner Brothers (losing all the B5 and Crusade stuff, and not allowing Sci-Fi to own a piece of B5/Crusade.) and the Sci-Fi Channel for not continuing Crusade (an established storyline) and instead forcing JMS to come up with an alternate story idea using a 20-something cast.

But then ... it is streets ahead of most of the crap that passes for Sci-Fi (sorry, Syfy) original movies these days. Even if they star Brucey as the Sherrif.

But then ... it is streets ahead of most of the crap that passes for Sci-Fi (sorry, Syfy) original movies these days. Even if they star Brucey as the Sherrif.

Streets ahead? No, I'd say it's about "even with" most of the crap that passes for Sci-Fi (sorry, Syfy) original movies these days.

I can watch Legend of the Rangers. I cannot watch the movies that Syfy shows, with the exception of clips that are presented on shows like E!'s The Soup in making fun of them, like with some recent really bad looking movie about giant piranha starying Tiffany I-Think-We're-Alone-Now. The clips they showed making fun of that movie recently were so bad it was rediculous. The only thing I ever watch on that channel is reruns of Star Trek The Next Generation if I ever see it on there, which isn't often. Syfy is a joke.

Not to go OT, but SyFy have the new V, Legend of the Seeker and a few other good ones too. There is, admittedly, some real dross in there ("The amorous adventures of the invisible man" springs to mind, as do the "Emmanuelle in space" ehh, movies) but they show some decent stuff too.

As for LOTR, well I'm sorry to disagree with all you who hated it, but I loved it. First time I watched it I hated it, but I was concentrating almost exclusively on the "Nintendo Wii" method of gunnery, and I hated that (still do). But looking past that on the second viewing, I found it much more enjoyable and I think it could have been a great series given a chance. Not Babylon 5, of course, but then there is and ever will be only one Babylon 5!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back