• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

New B5 stories

fatboy955

Hi guys im new to this forum not sure if im posting in the right place if not can someone move this thread cheers.

I've been watching B5 ever since the first U.K airing and i've just bought the box set with all the eps movies etc and i was just wondering if there is any fiction that takes place between between the second to last ep and the last I.E in the 20yr gap i dont mean Legend of the Rangers or Crusade which dont get me wrong i kinda enjoyed but any thing taking place in and around B5 with lochly(sp?) and Vir and Ta'lon as the new Ambassaders along with the new Doctor whose name i forget i mean there must be somthing or is that just wishful thinking ?

Hi guys im new to this forum not sure if im posting in the right place if not can someone move this thread cheers.

I've been watching B5 ever since the first U.K airing and i've just bought the box set with all the eps movies etc and i was just wondering if there is any fiction that takes place between between the second to last ep and the last I.E in the 20yr gap i dont mean Legend of the Rangers or Crusade which dont get me wrong i kinda enjoyed but any thing taking place in and around B5 with lochly(sp?) and Vir and Ta'lon as the new Ambassaders along with the new Doctor whose name i forget i mean there must be somthing or is that just wishful thinking ?

Between December 2262 and late 2281? Yes, "Babylon 5 - Voices in the Dark" (one Direct to DVD disc, 2271, including one story with a flashforward to a possible 2301), "The River of Souls" TV movie in 2263, book 3 of the Psi Corps trilogy of novels, the Centauri trilogy of novels, and some of the six short stories (See the FAQ. http://b5tv.com/showthread.php?t=11723. )

However, nothing really takes place with B5 - The Next Generation. ;)

IIRC the new doc. was Dr. Hobbes.

JMS never intended to do anything with B5 The Next Gen., just show the handoff.

Last edited:
So there is no B5:the next generation? well that sucks thanks for the info for that.Also all the novels that are floating out there gonna have to start doing overtime now :( Also do you know if there any any good Fanfic online at all And i dont mean "Slash" fiction either lol

There are people around here who know a lot about the fanfic. I'm guessing here, as it doesnt' seem to have a place in the forums anymore, but have you tried posting a message asking about fan fiction in the "General" forum? Some there might know where to find tons of fan fiction, some even written by themselves.

and Vir and Ta'lon as the new Ambassaders along with the new Doctor whose name i forget i mean there must be somthing or is that just wishful thinking ?

I expected them to have these as regular roles in Crusade, and was disappointed when they didn't.

slighty off topic but why was Legend of the Rangers never picked up for a series? Was there a reason or was it just one of those things?

slighty off topic but why was Legend of the Rangers never picked up for a series? Was there a reason or was it just one of those things?

The ratings on the east coast were not good enough, due to a football playoff game (New England Patriots vs. somebody, IIRC). It was originally not supposed to be aired against that game, and it did much better on the west coast. IMHO, it was also because the pilot was bad (absolutely horrid in places).

The SciFi Channel wanted a new show (not Crusade, not continuing that story) because Warner Bros. wouldn't sell The Sci-Fi Channel (part of NBC/Universal, a Warner Bros. competitor) part of Crusade. So, the Sci-Fi Channel wanted a new show with a new 20-something cast.

And then we get something of the quality level of a Sci-Fi Channel Original Movie (i.e. a Z-movie, waaaay worse than a B-movie.).

Latest posts

Members online

Back