• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

WB 50th Aniversary $50 DVD rebate

Probably the double sided discs, and the fact that alot of the Special Features are already invested in, so merely retransferring (I'm guessing on the special features).

The 7 or 8 episodes per volume, plus lots of Special Features are on 2 double sided discs. I actually didn't get season 1 of the old releases, so I am getting the Starburst editions for Season 1.

Mmmmmmmmm, YEAH,.........minor detail.

There are no coincidences in life......... :(

Some reward they are having for folks having spent roughly $80 a piece on each season of B5.

I just got Macgyver season 1 for a very reasonable $30 bucks. Paramount, not WB, not surprisingly.........

It's not a reward for those who have already bought WHV season sets (except those who have bought since Jan. 1, 2005). It's just a way to coax people to buy more, ...to bring in more money to WHV.

Other reasonably priced Sesson sets:

Stargate SG-1, MGM, ~$55.

Still the B5 sets aren't priced all that high. Just look at the Farscape and Trek season sets, and Trek's from Paramount.

Well, I guess that is accurate, seeing as the only single season set that cost me more than the B5 ones were the STTNG ones......I found some of them for 80-90 dollars a piece, but the going rate at most retail and online have been $100 for quite some time. Still, I have priced many of the sets listed under their current offer and I am still rather convinced WB charges a bit more, though I have to say that my Macgyver and Mork and Mindy sets from paramount, though both 30 dollars, are minimal in extras and the Macgyver doesn't even have a Play ALL option on the menu, which is not the worst thing in the world, but pretty standard on most DVD seasons these days.

If I had the option of having these companies put out all their seasons without extras for a flat $30 or less, or put in extras andflashy menus and charge 50, 60, 70 dollars or more.........I guess it really would be a tough call, but at $30, given my current economic limitations, I could have afforded to by more than I currently own........

And yeah, the SG-1 is certainly a nice value, though I've been buying single discs at $10 dollars a shot so as to get my favorite episodes first and as time goes on I can fill in and complete and probably buy a complete season or two here and there.

can anyone tell me where to find the #$$%$$% tab D. I bought s1 and will be getting 2 to 5. But the only thing I have is the Wal-Mart wrapper. No UPC etc. BTW the offer is good in Canada also according to the inserted pamphlet.

Thanks.

I would have to check, but I believe the B5 UPC, I'm assuming you mean the "Proof of Puchase" tab (some do have a specific such thing, as well as a UPC these days), is on the inside of the spine of the binding for the disc holding "pages". I may very webe mistaken, but this is what I recall.

I'll take a look later on and post if it is actually elsewhere. Having done many a rebate "game", I'll know them when I see them. ;)

I found tab D for season 1, It is on the inside of the back cover that holds the DVDs, close to the seam, All 4 were there.

Thanks...

Latest posts

Members online

Back