• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Borat and Ali G. are dead!

Good for him- the show and movie were the best comedy in a long time, and as one of the marks of a true talent is knowing when to stop a thing.

I agree. Its good to see someone not try to milk a particular success until it becomes its own parody.

Well, he had gone about as far as he could with Borat, but I don't see why he killed off Ali G. I would love to see some new interviews...

He actually did make and Ali G movie called In Da House, but it didn't have interviews, it was just a "straight" narrative. It's awful- like when they make a movie out of a Saturday Night Live sketch (that isn't The Blues Brothers or the original Wayne's World).

Bruno was my least favorite of the three, but it really is the only one he can go with now. I heard a while back they were doing a movie for him. The show was hilarious, hopefully there is a lot of material that hasn't been aired in the U.S yet, so we may yet get to see him back in action. He's truly a genious.

Yeah, that's the thing: if I were being interviewed by Borat or by Ali G., I'd recognize them and just start having fun with it. I've never seen Bruno, so it would take a few minutes for me to catch up.

I think the issue now is that its probably bigger than that. I don't know who the Bruno character is either, but I could still probably recognize Sacha Baron Cohen since he has been all over headlines and shows since Borat became popular (and even Ali G to a degree). So his fame has made his main gimmick of fake interviews very hard to do now --- no matter which character it is.

Yeah, that's the thing: if I were being interviewed by Borat or by Ali G., I'd recognize them and just start having fun with it. I've never seen Bruno, so it would take a few minutes for me to catch up.

I can give people a heads up if they want;)

I think the issue now is that its probably bigger than that. I don't know who the Bruno character is either, but I could still probably recognize Sacha Baron Cohen since he has been all over headlines and shows since Borat became popular (and even Ali G to a degree). So his fame has made his main gimmick of fake interviews very hard to do now --- no matter which character it is.

If you don't know Bruno than you haven't see Da Ali G Show. Do yourself a favor and get on netflixing that. It's one of only 4 shows I've found seriously funny in the past 10 yrs or so (The Offices and Family Guy would be the others). Each episode features Ali G interviewing famous or prominent people, and there's usually one segment each with Borat and Bruno, an exaggerated stereotype of an Austrian gay fashion reporter, interviewing civilians.

Back