• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Two-headed films

Jade Jaguar

Regular
Trivia time! can you think of any films with people with two heads? I can think of six! But, there may be more, so help me out here, and see if you can come up with some I don't know. I'll name just two to start: The Incredible Two-headed Transplant, 1971 with Bruce Dern, and The Thing With Two Heads, 1972, Starring Rosie Grier and Ray Milland as the two heads. :D :D ;) ;) :confused: :confused: :p :p

Well, if we get to count "critters" in SF and fantasy genre works then I'm *sure* that we can come up with many more than 6.

I suspect that the push-me-pull-you from Dr. Doolitle (old Rex Harrison version) probably doesn't count as "people". ;) :D

As I'm pretty sure that Clash of the Titans had something with two heads. Though, I haven't seen it in a while since I haven't been an insomniac lately.

I was thinking of films with PEOPLE with two heads, otherwise, there would be a lot, probably more than six just from Ray Harryhausen! The earliest one I can think of is from 1960. It is a Japanese film called The Manster, where a mad scientist grows another head on a reporter! It LOOKS a lot like a classic Japanese film, but, it is pretty seedy, plot wise. And of course, there is the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, with Zaphod Beeblebrox. I can still think of two more films, one from 1989, and actually a pretty classy film, but I still hope other folks know some I don't.

Does Army of Darkness count? He grew another head, but then again it split from his body to become an evil kinda twin....good times..good times...

Good one! I haven't seen that film but once, and it was a while ago, so now I know seven two-headed films. One I know, but haven't mentioned yet in this thread involves a long dead indian medicine man growing on a woman's shoulder, to split off later.

I seem to remember something with Rosie Greer (the ex-All-Pro defnsive lineman) where he had a second head. I can't recall the title off the top of my head, though.

(EDIT): Oops. I hadn't looked back at the first post in a while. That one was mentioned back there (with the *correct* spelling of Rosey Grier's name).

Well in "Total Recal" one of the mutants was actually conjoined twins (or did he grew one of the bodies later?) and the one who looked like a non-mutant when he was dressed had a head (more or less; had eyes, mouth, possibly its own brain) in his chest. That count? :)

Hrm, I wish I could remember more ...

The one I think of first was never a movie, but a tv series. Zaphod Beeblebrox (?) in "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy".

But there is a film that I don't think anyone else has mentioned. It was a weird British flick. (No offense intended, not all British flicks are weird, but this one was. At leat I think it was British. :eek:)

Anyhow, There was a guy who had some kind of a wart or mole on his shoulder that started talking to him. It grew bigger and bigger, until it took over control of his body and shrank him into a mole or whatever.

No, it wasn't a bad dream. It was a weird movie I was watching while grading papers to one day. Never saw the beginning. But it was weird.

So many two-headed movies out there! :LOL: Who ever would have guessed? :LOL:

Well in "Total Recal" one of the mutants was actually conjoined twins (or did he grew one of the bodies later?) and the one who looked like a non-mutant when he was dressed had a head (more or less; had eyes, mouth, possibly its own brain) in his chest. That count? :)

Do siamese twins count as well?

Well, Hyp, I did mention Hitchiker's in this thread, but I think you have remembered, however vaguely, one of the original six films I was thinking of, a 1989 British film called How To Get A Head in Advertising, which I have only seen part of, but was very funny. Hopefully it will come around on cable again some day.

As to siamese twins, I was really looking for one body/two heads situations. As to Total Recall, I haven't seen it since it came out, and can't recall it totally... I do seem to vaguely recall seeing a film about a comedian who had an extra arm growing out of him, that seemed to be trying to take over. I don't think I saw the whole film, so I don't know if he turned two-headed. Any one know that film?

The other two-headed film I know, but haven't named yet, was made in 1978, has at least five well-known American stars, and one well-known technomage, but is considered, well, a piece of crap, but I kinda like it, and have it on laser disc, which I got for $5, new.

That film with Ray Milland and Rosey Grier, The Thing With Two Heads isn't very good, but is kind of interesting because Milland plays a rich white bigot whose head is grafted onto the body of... Rosey Grier! Very strange and campy. I think it is playing on premium cable now, maybe FLIX.

I do seem to vaguely recall seeing a film about a comedian who had an extra arm growing out of him, that seemed to be trying to take over. I don't think I saw the whole film, so I don't know if he turned two-headed. Any one know that film?

The Dark Backward with Judd Nelson and Bill Paxton. Judd Nelson is a stand up comedian who some how grows a third arm and because of this becomes funny.

I think it just stays an arm...just growin out of his back.

"A psychic's girlfriend finds out that a lump on her back is a growing reincarnation of a 400 year-old demonic Native American spirit."

:LOL: The Manitou, or however it's spelled, really does sound like a winner, doesn't it? ;)

Pretty wild. Maybe I'll check it out some day. After all, I liked the movie "Freaks". I like strange movies from time to time. :D

Yep, Hypatia, you figured out the last of the original six I knew of! Tony Curtis, Susan Strasberg, Michael Ansara, in a strange and murky film. I don't believe I've ever seen it listed on TV. And Freaks, directed by Todd Browning is considered a cult classic! I have it on SVHS, taped from cable.

You gave good clues. I hunted it down without much trouble at all. ;)

And I did like Freaks. My main complaint is that it is very difficult to understand what the characters are saying sometimes. I have heard it is considered a cult classic.

Pretty wild stuff.

The Manitou, or however it's spelled, really does sound like a winner, doesn't it?

Pretty wild. Maybe I'll check it out some day.

Do that. It's the definitive movie on the subject of Native American demonic tumors. :cool:

Pretty bad stuff, but in the right frame of mind (watching at midnight and/or proper applications fine malt beverages) it's a blast.

Back