• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Hello--I'm a huge B5 fan..I'm new here

Hello everyone-

I'm a member of the forums of the new Battlestar Galactica, James Horner and John Williams but finally found you guys here because I'm a huge Babylon 5 fan. I'm from Sacramento and probably the biggest B5 fan in South Sac.

:) I'd like to get my own avatar here at the board but not sure what still available. Oviously my 2 favorites are Sheridan and Londo but is there anything left from B5 that I can use because I won't steal from someone else.

I don't have time to post all the time but I will make my visits as often as possible. Looking forward to the new made for dvd film coming up soon.

Thanks
Alex

I hope I no one minds that I use the avatar that I have posted on the board now being that I'm going to watch B5 with my wife and just newley married I figured I use a Deleen and Sheridan together picture..Does that make since? If anyone has problems with my avatar please let me know I just thought it would be cute. I want to keep it B5 themed

BTW, thank you Terrible Tim for welcoming me. I love Babylon 5 more than anyone else I would think in the South Sac area of CA.

Hello everyone-

I'm a member of the forums of the new Battlestar Galactica, James Horner and John Williams but finally found you guys here because I'm a huge Babylon 5 fan. I'm from Sacramento and probably the biggest B5 fan in South Sac.

:) I'd like to get my own avatar here at the board but not sure what still available. Oviously my 2 favorites are Sheridan and Londo but is there anything left from B5 that I can use because I won't steal from someone else.

I don't have time to post all the time but I will make my visits as often as possible. Looking forward to the new made for dvd film coming up soon.

Thanks
Alex

Oh, I imagine I probably rival you for that title of biggest B5 fan in South Sac, there neighbor. Welcome to the site.

Hi alex, and welcome... I'd recommend going for a shot with sheridan and Londo from the Very Long Night of Londo Mollari from Season 5. There must be plenty of stills out there as they appear together - just the two of them, throughout an entire scene.

:) I think it's sweet of you to "include" your wife by choosing that avatar. :DCongratulations on your marriage!

Welcome! The people here are an enigma. Most message boards are full of big ole meanies. It's hard to find any here. They're so durn nice, you just wanna run out and adopt a bunch of kittens.

:) I think it's sweet of you to "include" your wife by choosing that avatar. :DCongratulations on your marriage!

Thank You very much for my congrats on marriage. While i was looking for an avatar I found the Deleen and Sheridan picture and thought you know being that she hasn't seen the episodes yet, being that we just got married just like those 2 in the show and the fact that it was original because no on else had that I figured that would be unique. I don't know when she will start posting messages but until she gets deeper into the show I will speak on her behalf. Yes I thought it would be cute so I went with it. Thank You again for welcoming me and the congrats

Oh, I imagine I probably rival you for that title of biggest B5 fan in South Sac, there neighbor. Welcome to the site.

Is there a Babylon 5 fan club in Sacramento? I would never say that I'm bigger fan than you when it comes to Sac but I'm glad that I'm not alone. The reason I ask about fan club because I belong to my wife's Star Wars (Sacramento Valley Rogue Force) so I'm hoping there is B5 fan club too...please let me know..if not maybe we could start one

Welcome to you both! :D We're glad you're here!

Thank very much for the huge welcome..that means alot.:)

Hi alex, and welcome... I'd recommend going for a shot with sheridan and Londo from the Very Long Night of Londo Mollari from Season 5. There must be plenty of stills out there as they appear together - just the two of them, throughout an entire scene.

Thank You for the tip on the Londo and Sheridan avatar that means alot but I think after a couple other fans here I'm sticking with the Deleen and Sheridan one. It just fits perfectly being that I just got married just like those 2.

Welcome! The people here are an enigma. Most message boards are full of big ole meanies. It's hard to find any here. They're so durn nice, you just wanna run out and adopt a bunch of kittens.

Yes your right about most message boards. I'm a member of the new Battlestar Galactica forum and I've found that between most message boards that I've gone too except the James Horner board most of the the members can either be stuck up or very very harsh..thanks for the red carpet..:D

Better than adopting a bunch of us. :LOL:

Kittens are in my plan for the future with my wife being that Dawn my wife and myself love cats..You never if I need to I may ask to adopt a few of you guys too...Just kidding..LOL!:LOL:

Welcome to both you and Tim, Babylon5fan07!

Thank You very much

**Looks at Babylon5fan07 and points Mindwalker's way.**

Don't mind him. He's from out of town. :LOL:

Hey guys, I don't post regularly here but I rewatched B5 a few months ago (for about the 5th time) and had some questions/observations I wanted to share/pose to the rest of you, mostly based on small details. While I was watching I found a few in each episode, but seeing as I wasn't present-minded enough to write them down at the time, I'll have to go with a few from memory.

1) In "The Parliament of Dreams", at the point in which G'Kar is in communication with the Narn homeworld and demanding Na'Toth be sent back, he is told that the first courier was killed or delayed or something, and thus he realizes that he's just been pwned by courier Tupari. Tupari then flashes some weird red light at G'Kar and he later wakes up shackled.

My question is, why didn't the Narn with whom G'Kar was speaking do something, like contact B5 and let them know what had happened? Perhaps that red light was something that Tupari used to turn off the monitor, or the person on the other end DID contact B5 but it was too late to do anything. If I'm missing something blatantly obvious then forgive me ;)

2) In "Severed Dreams" (amazing episode BTW, I look forward to every single scene because they all bring something special to it), when Delenn confronts the Grey Concil she stops at a particular Council member and says something like "I do not blame you for standing silent in your shame; you, who knew what was coming and did nothing". Did JMS ever reveal the identity of the person to whom she speaks? My impression has always been that it's Neroon.

3) Sheridan's sister. As far as I can tell, there's no mention of her beyond the episode "Revelations" in which she is introduced. I thought they would have mentioned her after Sheridan's father is captured, as she would seem to be at least an equal target as his parents. The closest thing I can think of is in "Sleeping in Light" when Sheridan talks to Delenn about his father taking them for a drive each Sunday. And I can't remember whether he just says "us" or if he actually uses the world "sister".

Anyways, I'll post more of my random musings/questions as they come to mind :D

2) In "Severed Dreams" (amazing episode BTW, I look forward to every single scene because they all bring something special to it), when Delenn confronts the Grey Concil she stops at a particular Council member and says something like "I do not blame you for standing silent in your shame; you, who knew what was coming and did nothing". Did JMS ever reveal the identity of the person to whom she speaks? My impression has always been that it's Neroon.

I always took it to be one of the remaining 2 members of the Religious Caste. Possibly Hedronn. Delen wouldn't necessarily have expected a member of the Warrior Caste to put as much stock in prophecy... and it's clearly prophecy she is driving at.

I always took it to be one of the remaining 2 members of the Religious Caste.

I also thought she was talking to someone from the Religious Caste. Among the duties of that caste is a call to be mindful of the prophesies, to prepare, warn, and guide the Minbari...and in this case to go head-to-head with the Warrior Caste if that's what it takes.

As a member of the Religious Caste, and a member of the Council, the person she was speaking to was in a unique position to make his voice heard and yet she said that he had done nothing. He didn't even stand with her that day in support of what he knew was right ... and she called him on it.

3) Sheridan's sister. As far as I can tell, there's no mention of her beyond the episode "Revelations" in which she is introduced. I thought they would have mentioned her after Sheridan's father is captured, as she would seem to be at least an equal target as his parents. The closest thing I can think of is in "Sleeping in Light" when Sheridan talks to Delenn about his father taking them for a drive each Sunday. And I can't remember whether he just says "us" or if he actually uses the world "sister".

Well, she got a mention in the Season 2 episode "There all the honor lies." It was the one where they set up the Babylon 5 Emporium to sell gifts and stuff. Sheridan asks Ivanova to get him a baseball hat, and when she frowns, he says its for his sister.

After that I don't think she gets mentioned at all, which I also thought was odd between breaking away from Earth, and certainly during/after the Earth campaign. Oh well..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back