• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Dr Who - Season 30 (4) [SPOILERS]

The people over at OG complain for the sake of complaining. Finally told them to shove off today. I can't decide whether they're complaining about inane stuff like the side of the TARDIS windows being wrong just to see their words on screen, or if they're just a bunch of autistic types who have lost all touch with the rest of the world and how to communicate with it. I'm trying to eliminate major sources of bad feelings in my life, and that place gave me far more negative feelings than a forum for a TV show (or any forum, for that matter) has any right to.

I think they may need a reminder of what it's like to go without your favorite TV program for several years. They SHOULD know how it feels, but they seem to have forgotten..

Last edited:
Doctor they sound like the Hardcore Trekies and Cannon Fantics who are against, the Abrams Trek film. Who have been criticising ing every aspect of the film before it comes out! They need to be remind ed of the fact that there are no new trek tv series on the horizon and that other then the Abrams film there are no new trek films on the horizon. Im sorry for all the Negative I vibes I was sending you way, about Torchwood, sometime I am quick to judge things ahead of time ,one of my many failings.

Last edited:
Doctor fans like that don't live in the real world, don't want to .It's a tv show, yet they they treat it as a life and death thing, If you point out to them how unimportant it really is ,then they will hate you . Its crazy the way some fans think.

You kept it to a reasonable level of doubt, when we first started conversing. If anything, I may have started off reading your concerns in the same tone as OG-type complaints. (bad Doctor.. bad!) It's understandable to be concerned about major changes like the change of leadership or change in actors.. but I think we've ironed all that out. Especially with who is replacing whom, and what shows we're talking about here, I think the changes transcend their possible effects on any other TV show.

The people over at OG seem to delight in finding the worst possible thoughts to think about DW. There are people calling for Tennant to move on already. Perhaps I am biased, but seeing as he has managed to eclipse Tom Baker as my personal favorite incarnation of The Doctor, I really don't want to picture him taking off just yet. That's just one example of many, and it's generally laced with far more bile than I am willing to repeat here.

Ahh, good old Trek. I'm not surprised the "real fans" are complaining. I haven't even bothered to follow the movie, knowing that I'll find more of the same sort of B.S. I'm trying to leave behind at OG. Trek needs a kick in the arse. Although it was very "fanwanky" at the end, I found I enjoyed ST:OGAM far more than anything I had seen of Voyager.. and certainly more than I'd have found from Enterprise.. and what was it? An alternate timeline. Trek needs a break after this movie, and when it does finally come back it could stand to get the same treatment that Doctor Who has received since coming back. (quasi-fresh slate and fresh ideas, I mean) I think they need to just let the TOS and TNG eras go completely and start again 200-something years in the future with all-new tech and scenery, or maybe a tech regression due to outside circumstances.

Perhaps an exploration of the Magellanic Clouds, with a plot device made to get them there.. and something about the Clouds that set them apart from our galaxy.. (like how Andromeda was supposed to be flooded with radiation according to that one episode of TOS) but not a Voyager plot device. Perhaps the Federation and one other old enemy needs a big fall and regroup in a new location. Federation and Dominion (or Romulans) overrun by the Borg (or some other threat, to wipe that slate clean too) and forced to cooperate to survive, perhaps?

OK, that was WAY off topic.. but once I started it I couldn't shut up about it.

Your opinion on Tennant eclipsing Baker is not an uncommon one. In fact in an official survey in 2006, Tennant actually came out ahead of Baker.

I think some people want Tennant to move on because they can sense that some corners of the press are sharpening their knives to bring the series down (because that's largely what media critics do... abuse their power by raising up and tearing down programmes).

Heck Tennant's even getting unfair stick for doing Hamlet because he's a big name pop culture icon actor....never mind the fact that he's done theatre work way before landing Cassanova or Who.

Give the guy a break.

Heh and one little personal boast. there's a website about English "Icons" where people from England are supposed to nominate things that are quintessentially English. It's my comment on Doctor Who that's up there alongside Russell T Davies!:eek::cool:

Doctor Who

“We are all honoured and delighted that Doctor Who has been selected as a quintessential British icon. It is testament to all the great actors, script writers and production crew who have worked on the show throughout the last 43 years and to the great British public who have taken the doctor to their hearts.” Russell T Davies, Writer and Executive Producer

“The Doctor has to be regarded as an English icon. Apart from the imagery of the police box, the character of the Doctor has largely epitomised Edwardian England. Furthermore in his recent incarnations... he has also encompassed the characteristics of northern England and Cockney London, thus making him far more relatable to the English in general. A gentleman, an outnumbered underdog, an eccentric, a defiant rebel - all of these qualities go to make the Doctor a very English character indeed.” Nick Payne, a fan from Alcester (on the ICONS site)

Tom Baker got me into the original series, He could be serious and silly all in the same breath, I actually like all of the incarnations of the doctor. It too bad so many of the William Hartnell and Partick Troughton episodes were lost. One serial I would like to have seen complete was the Dalek master plan, that Who serial is the stuff of legends. They have 3 or so of the episodes that have survived.One that was thought lost was the patrick Troughton episode, Tomb of the Cybermen lost until they found all the episodes, Ive see it it was a great serial.

Last edited:
The thing of it is that when I stated following Who in the mid 70's on PBS there was not much on in the way of good science fiction. Dr Who was probably the the best written series on tv, In the States there was not much in the way of science fiction other then reruns of Trek, and assorted Irwin Allen shows and occasional shows like UFO which was decent and Space 1999 which was both good and bad fro alot of obvious reasons. Dr Who with with its serial cliff hanger endings was exciting to watch .Even though it was produced on the cheap, it is remarkable how inventive they truly were, with props and costumes and sets, I was able to buy what I was seeing on the screen, even though it was not top of the line special effect. I admire the work Terry Nation the creator of Who and the Daleks and Blake Seven and Later McGuyver was one of the best writer produces of all time. Sorry got a bit of topic myself on this one.:)

At the moment I'm totally wazzed off as Hamlet tickets are not available and will only become so in the form of returns.

The whole run has been bought up!

(Bear in mind that it doesn't start till 24th July and is scheduled to run until November 15th).

Heck, some shows on Broadway sell out over a year before they hit the stage, or so I've been told. :eek:

I have no idea how large the theater is, but July to November: yea I can see someone known selling out that well.

Best to him. :D Put your name on the wait list, then. You might get lucky.

Or simply walk up to the Courtyard Theatre and swiftly deck a tout with a left hook... followed up with a right uppercut!:klingon::klingon::devil:

So we get to see Davros come back is coming back , cool. The question is how did he survive? He did die in the original series when both Skarro and his command ship got toasted.

Doesn't have to be our Davros... does it?

Perhaps the Davros from the Cybus universe is running rampant. Perhaps Rose potentially dooms two universes by bringing him here.

Or perhaps it is our Davros... and he just found his dream supply of unlimited rice pudding!

Did you see the trailer for The Stolen Earth?

Spoiler for From Trailer for Nest Weeks Episode:
Apart from having a schmorgasboard od returning companions, recurring characters and spin off people... we see Earth swarmed by dalek ships... and it is clearly surrounded by other planetary/lunar class objects not just the moon (or Cruithne). You'll be no doubt asking if Gallifrey is among them. Clearly it would seem this has something to do with all the missing planets.

Last edited:
Saw the trailer looked great, so the time lords are coming back. If Davros has any sense, he won't turn his back on Harriet Jones either.

Last edited:
As one of my childhood heroes (Mr Claypole from Rentaghost), would exclaim... GADZOOKS!

Spoiler for rumoured....:
So the Doctor appears to be regenerating again, rumour has it that the regeneration may be "botched" though. Whatever happens, the actor playing the Doctor... be it Tennant or anyone else... isn't credited on Wikipedia.

I reckon the Haagen whatever key is going to be important.... possibly a retcon device that will "Dallas" everything at the cost of someone's life. However that would be a little too similar to last year wouldn't it.

I've heard one REALLY whacked out theory that say that the Doctor regenerates BUT he touches the hand in the box while doing so, causing that to grow another Tennant... and that there's a twist that the Doctor becomes hhis own companion.... but that's way off the wall!

That is the way to do 'To be continued'.

So many other points. I might well have to watch it again just to list them all. But, very silly at points, but just soooo much fun. Major squeeling.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back